Dish Networkweeks of no service

After spending 6 years with Dish, working with a young company in the early years, forgiving their mistakes that cost me weeks of no service.

Huge upfront costs and a years service upfront to a get a good deal

Paying for service that I went days and days with out because each time the dish was out of alignment, because of wind or weather, I would have to have a "service call" out to realign your signal. In 6 years I had 10 service calls. Thats $1,650.00 just to keep my signal tuned correctly. Now I do not live in a windy place. They chose the roof installation and said it was best for reception. I think it was best for the installers. I am unable to access the roof so I have no choice but to call for service.

Customer service; I have been yelled at, swore at, threatened with instant disconnection of service; after Dish changed the contract terms 2 years after additional equipment was added.

Even though I met the requirements for a "mobile site" and was signed up as one after 4 years of using Dish 2 years later the terms suddenly changed, they wanted a new separate account and the CSR people were pathetic, swore at me and laughed that he could instantly turn me off.

There is no way to positively I.D. the CSR people as they are located at 3 call centers across the country. The names and numbers never seem to match up. Even though the CSR people will swear, no one gets rude or crude. You are at a disadvantage because there is no real way to track them.

As much as I dislike the owner of Direct TV, I have to say if your forced to pick go with Direct TV.

Dish was once a good vibrant company at first but times are getting tough and they are squeezing every dime they can out of every corner they can. Long term customer or new. Expect big promises and good talk till the money is theirs.

Then the good CSR goes out the door along with your investment.

Equipment. These fantastic deals, expect the cheap tuners with limited capability. For the HD models that provides DVR playback with the ability to watch other stations $350.00 to $600.00. Want to get your local stations. Your going to pay extra for a antenna that goes on back of your dish. and a monthly fee for locals.

Want different channels in different rooms, more expensive equipment. A dual LNB, switching equipment that costs more. Each receiver in each room $5.00 to $10.00 extra a month. So all that little stuff adds up too a big bill with a lot lot of things that break.

Expect to pay for a 2 room set up with a DVR and the ability to watch different stations in each room their full package which includes premium movie channels $130.00 a month. WITHOUT High Definition. That Package will cost you more.

No Football.

Soccer and Cricket Cost you more money. Huge amounts but they do have it.

There is also pay per view movies which you will be buying as the premium channels are very slow with new releases, the pay per view selection is poor at best.

What it boils down too. Dish was a vibrant young company in the late 90s. They worked hard to build a company that was dedicated to bringing the subscriber a good product, even though the distribution and dealer network was a mess they tried to live up to their word and real people cared about the business.

Dish TV then hinged everything they had on merging with Direct TV, Ruppert Murdoch's satellite company. In 2003 and it looked like the merger was going through.

The customers were being primed for the new and bigger Dish. They touted the importance of one strong satellite company to provide competition to the cable industry. This would protect all consumers with lower prices and better service for all. When you hear that, it sounds like the HMO's in the 80s

The thing Dish forgot, Murdoch is a lot smarter then the guys at Dish TV and has been eating small fish for dinner a long time.

The deal fell through. Dish yelled at the government, tried to get every customer to fight their battles for them by writing YOUR representatives. They are always asking you to do that for one reason or another.

It was just plan stupid business. Is Murdoch going to get bought out of a expanding market like satellite, heck no. Business 101.

So Dish is hanging on by a thread. Losing more per month then it takes in. Like any struggling company that once was flush and vibrant they have elected to take a crude route and put a screw into everything that they can get a dime out of you. A promise You will feel that empty pocket feeling and that every dime has been charged for every screw they use to install your cabling. No kidding.

So by all means check carefully before you put forth a lot of money for what cable provides for much cheaper and more reliable. I am very sorry for my mistakes but willing to share them to prevent others from falling for the "new old dish".

• Updated by Derricsmama · Jun 15, 2018

I returned my equipment, when I got a charge for $99 saying they never received it. This is BS. Just want everyone to know about this scam dish is doing, I'M not the only one they have done this to

• Updated by Gary Webber · Jun 30, 2018

How may times do I need to repeat my complaint before you morons act on it ... Are all of you on drugs...????

• Updated by Graccy · Oct 28, 2019

Dish tv set up box not working since 2 months, I've already complained, but no response, I've already given my home address, technician called me but not attended

• De
    Delgado1 Feb 19, 2014

What has happened to you is happening to me!! Dish sucks. I wish I knew who to contact. I think this website is pointless. Have you had any results?

• Iz
    Izzy06 Aug 14, 2018

I don't know how many times we've called and complained about how our monitors are literally NEVER working and are ALWAYS needing restarts up to 3+ times before they ACTUALLY start working again. Tech have come to "check it out" but have YET to fix this problem of 6 months now. WTH!

• Ga
    Gary Webber Aug 15, 2018

On 6/30/18 I was watching Arrow in the Dust which was supposed to go from 11PM to 1 Am... At 12 midnight the movie was cut off and a Roy Rogers movie clicked in ... You have a programmer that needs to be fired ... He or she is obviously on some kind of drugs to be so stupid...!!!

• Pe
    Perez123 Aug 15, 2018

I need my channels back on!!! I am very up set that my channels are not on!!! I will need you guys to fix it now!!!

• De
    Derricsmama Aug 16, 2018

I was charged for not returning their cheap ads equipment when I did mail it back! I was with dish for years then when I cancelled they treat you like [email protected]#! I will talk to a lawyer about this!

• Pa
    papajonly Aug 16, 2018

for the last week the listing for a particular show/movie does not match what is actually showing & it is not one channel it is on several channels

Lara Estes Aug 20, 2018

What is with the time delay between the video and audio on MSNBC? The last 4 days it has been about 2 seconds. This is in Eastern Idaho.

Lady Patriot Aug 20, 2018

Travelling I-40 between Amarillo, Tx and Elk City, OK. Dish Network truck passed, slowed down and hit road shoulders multiple times. Then, passed us again. Repeat. On phone entire time. He is going to kill someone. Tag number of truck attaced in pic. No truck number present; just Dish Network lolo.

• Mi
    Mitchfriedman Aug 21, 2018

Spent over $600 for service in my camper in April and after three trips will not work. Took home and set up called dish and they were no help. Spent many hours on phone to no avail. They finally referred me to the tailgate company but they were to busy to help. At ropes end next step is to call credit card company and cancel the charge.

Ladenna Hunt Aug 21, 2018

They charge me four rooms hook ups then want to charge cause my tech took the old ones and didn't leave any new ones.they tell you one thing an say another false advertising. Dish mean what you say. Stop cheating the system after while it will beat you.

• Wa
    Wayne wallace Aug 28, 2018

I was upset when I found out dish Network took $440 out of my account that money was supposed to be used to buy my kids clothes an now I cant cause they took my money I want a refund

• Fr
    Fredrick Ingersoll Sep 01, 2018

Stay aware from Hotwire Communications. Their channel lineup is a lie. OWNER/MANAGEMENT CARE ABOUT THEIR POCKETS ONLY NOT CUSTOMER CONCERNS!!! I HAVE BEEN A TWO YEAR SUBSCRIBER

• Go
    Goodrow Sep 01, 2018

I was sold a plan that contained MSNBC News. This is not news! It is Anti-American/ Anti-Trump propaganda B.S.. Dish network should be ashamed of themselves for selling this crap! All I want to do is watch real news. I spoked to a manager and he would not help me out. My two year contract is almost up and I will not be renewing

larry Elia Sep 01, 2018

daily harassment by your employee that's been going on for years and u do nothing about it. using dish net equipment he can probably see this and may even delete it because he has access to a computer somewhere in your business

• Bs
    Bsa413 Sep 04, 2018

If this problem is not taken care of soon we will go with someone else et, we have been long time customers .

• Li
    Lindalucy Sep 10, 2018

Been on phone all day with dish cannot get service

• Bh
    bham3722 Sep 11, 2018

I was promised a $100 gift card if I signed up to DISH, after about 5 months no gift card and when I called DISH I was given the phone number 800-203-0008 to call. That phone number ends in either busy or endless on hold.

• Lo
    Love abc Oct 22, 2018

I was with dish An I relocated I was told they services can be provided where I was going come to find out it isn't an I had to pay them 400 An some dollars to end my contract I would NEVER NEVER recommend they services to anyone they take people money they they work hard for they mistakes it's like they tell you one thing An it's another

• Br
    Bradley dish sucks harris Oct 27, 2018

Sent me a new remote without a clue on how to sync it up with the Joey. Had to call and let them explain to me how inadequate the pamphlet they sent was . They just tell you how to pair with the hopper. Then talk to you like you are stupid. Thanks dish for pissing me off.

• Ri
    richard kozasa Nov 11, 2018

in the music '40s pop hits, please remove the voice in between music! he is damned annoying. a more mellow tone would be nice. maybe a woman.

• Vi
    Victoria Wedell Nov 11, 2018

I am very dissatisfied about the NBC blackout. I am only able to receive Dish Network in the area where I live in the mountains of SW North Carolina. I would like to know if the issue concerning NBC will get resolved with Dish Network. What can I as a consumer do to get NBC back on my Dish?

• Di
    Dishisjustasbad Nov 13, 2018

When I turn on my tv in the morning I have to change the channel back to channel I left it on when it was turned off. Now it auto tunes to some dish network media advertising bologna. I would like to ask if it is their intent to make people angry? So you want to lose customers? Because pissing customers off is a sure way to lose them

• Ro
    Robert Howell Nov 13, 2018

How am I supposed to watch football playoffs ? I think I'll switch to Direct tv
    Since I already have their hardware next to my Dish... And so are my neighbors and friends, you liars!!!
    Robert Howell
    Diana, Texas

• Qh
    qhoang7 Nov 13, 2018

I told the customer service representative that i want to cancel the services and request the information to return the receiver box. They assessed additional charge fee of $10.00/per box for returning their equipment. That is service extortion.

• Ga
    garystan Nov 19, 2018

DishTV is caught double-billing customers. I've seen it happen to numerous people and friends. Unfortunately, DishTV is protected by the U.S. Governemt. So there is no debating with them about this illegal business practice.

• Le
    Lefty12 Nov 19, 2018

Get your act together Dish settle with Fox and lets move on. It's the consumer that is losing out here.

• Je
    jennifer long-pooler Nov 19, 2018

August 27th, 2016 acct#8255909387048470 Jennifer Long/ problems w/DVR...terrible customer service.Talked to 2 different operators w/no common sense, treated me like I was unintelligent there was no solution except complete dissatisfaction.

• Kw
    Kwilson93 Jun 10, 2019

Van # 1424, tried to merge into the front driver panel of my vehicle I had to honk my horn, he sped up maybe 2 feet and tried it yet again whole time this gentleman was on his phone.

• Ho
    Hope14 Jul 21, 2019

Bad customer service led to our canceling service. Then it got even worse...I gave them plenty of opportunities to at least have us leave on good terms, but no; their service got increasingly confrontational. They can kiss my a** and I am young enough and smart enough to know I will have a different service at some point, but it will not be dish.

Nooty09 Jul 27, 2019

They are overpriced. Signal is messed up and i pay for netflix separately and the internet and they banned me for accessing it even though i can only get it by paying outside people. They are ridiculous and greedy . Im not happy. Im very irritated and would suggest no one to subscribe to them.

• Cr
    Craig Spindle Aug 05, 2019

We are paying to much money for this service. The broadband is always going to red on our tower . We constantly have to disconnect the cable on the back and reconnect to resets at least 10 times a day. Now channel 412-06 is blocked by Walt Disney. This needs to be made right to your customers.

• Gr
    greg sechrist Aug 12, 2019

i will leave dish if they dont resolve this. if i cant watch the rangers and mavericks why pay for it.

• Ly
    Lynne Chevalier Aug 28, 2019

On top of losing local channels that carried local sports my bill has gone up approximately $30.00 with no explanation. You have said for the last couple of months but nothing. I do not pay the station but you. I feel this is a breach of contract since these channels were to be excluded.

• Le
    Lexie Ribera Sep 14, 2019

This is absolutely ridiculous !!!I can not watch my football you lost HBO and now unfortunately I am going back to Direct tv. I hardly watch tv didn't care about HBO but I can not miss my Patriots-CBS-CT. Stop worrying about the prices because you will be losing customers and they will not come back.

John Budna Sep 15, 2019

I'm getting a lawer and sue you people for a year of awful service. Seriously awful.

• Dm
    Dmo12345 Oct 07, 2019

I pay a lot of money and want FOX back this unfair! Are you going to decrease my bill?

• Ro
    Robert Dyer34 Oct 07, 2019

Dish keep dropping channels. I'm giving them 2 weeks I'm dropping them . No fox sports no hbo

Chance Pine Oct 07, 2019

James Pine 530-620-4555, 9/28/19
    We have been a customer of Dish Network since you started and really tired of losing channels, this time BTN and other fox channels. Already lost all the HBO channels. Get your act together or I'll just cancel Dish altogether and go to another provider.

• Ju
    [email protected] Oct 07, 2019

I called dish Network 3'times around noon on September 30th.i called and was put on hold 3 different times for 30 minutes.i am extremely frustrated.When you call and want new service the wait vis one minute.To cancel is outlined vhere.A big mess.I hope this helps someone's opinion on dish, as for mine it's very poor.

• Ke
    Ken Cook 22335566 Oct 07, 2019

I think this is the stupidest thing you can do. I am switching cable companies over your decision to do this during football season.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices