Dish Networkweeks of no service

After spending 6 years with Dish, working with a young company in the early years, forgiving their mistakes that cost me weeks of no service.

Huge upfront costs and a years service upfront to a get a good deal

Paying for service that I went days and days with out because each time the dish was out of alignment, because of wind or weather, I would have to have a "service call" out to realign your signal. In 6 years I had 10 service calls. Thats $1,650.00 just to keep my signal tuned correctly. Now I do not live in a windy place. They chose the roof installation and said it was best for reception. I think it was best for the installers. I am unable to access the roof so I have no choice but to call for service.

Customer service; I have been yelled at, swore at, threatened with instant disconnection of service; after Dish changed the contract terms 2 years after additional equipment was added.

Even though I met the requirements for a "mobile site" and was signed up as one after 4 years of using Dish 2 years later the terms suddenly changed, they wanted a new separate account and the CSR people were pathetic, swore at me and laughed that he could instantly turn me off.

There is no way to positively I.D. the CSR people as they are located at 3 call centers across the country. The names and numbers never seem to match up. Even though the CSR people will swear, no one gets rude or crude. You are at a disadvantage because there is no real way to track them.

As much as I dislike the owner of Direct TV, I have to say if your forced to pick go with Direct TV.

Dish was once a good vibrant company at first but times are getting tough and they are squeezing every dime they can out of every corner they can. Long term customer or new. Expect big promises and good talk till the money is theirs.

Then the good CSR goes out the door along with your investment.

Equipment. These fantastic deals, expect the cheap tuners with limited capability. For the HD models that provides DVR playback with the ability to watch other stations $350.00 to $600.00. Want to get your local stations. Your going to pay extra for a antenna that goes on back of your dish. and a monthly fee for locals.

Want different channels in different rooms, more expensive equipment. A dual LNB, switching equipment that costs more. Each receiver in each room $5.00 to $10.00 extra a month. So all that little stuff adds up too a big bill with a lot lot of things that break.

Expect to pay for a 2 room set up with a DVR and the ability to watch different stations in each room their full package which includes premium movie channels $130.00 a month. WITHOUT High Definition. That Package will cost you more.

No Football.

Soccer and Cricket Cost you more money. Huge amounts but they do have it.

There is also pay per view movies which you will be buying as the premium channels are very slow with new releases, the pay per view selection is poor at best.

What it boils down too. Dish was a vibrant young company in the late 90s. They worked hard to build a company that was dedicated to bringing the subscriber a good product, even though the distribution and dealer network was a mess they tried to live up to their word and real people cared about the business.

Dish TV then hinged everything they had on merging with Direct TV, Ruppert Murdoch's satellite company. In 2003 and it looked like the merger was going through.

The customers were being primed for the new and bigger Dish. They touted the importance of one strong satellite company to provide competition to the cable industry. This would protect all consumers with lower prices and better service for all. When you hear that, it sounds like the HMO's in the 80s

The thing Dish forgot, Murdoch is a lot smarter then the guys at Dish TV and has been eating small fish for dinner a long time.

The deal fell through. Dish yelled at the government, tried to get every customer to fight their battles for them by writing YOUR representatives. They are always asking you to do that for one reason or another.

It was just plan stupid business. Is Murdoch going to get bought out of a expanding market like satellite, heck no. Business 101.

So Dish is hanging on by a thread. Losing more per month then it takes in. Like any struggling company that once was flush and vibrant they have elected to take a crude route and put a screw into everything that they can get a dime out of you. A promise You will feel that empty pocket feeling and that every dime has been charged for every screw they use to install your cabling. No kidding.

So by all means check carefully before you put forth a lot of money for what cable provides for much cheaper and more reliable. I am very sorry for my mistakes but willing to share them to prevent others from falling for the "new old dish".

• Updated by Derricsmama · Jun 15, 2018

I returned my equipment, when I got a charge for $99 saying they never received it. This is BS. Just want everyone to know about this scam dish is doing, I'M not the only one they have done this to

• Updated by Gary Webber · Jun 30, 2018

How may times do I need to repeat my complaint before you [censored]s act on it ... Are all of you on drugs...????

• Updated by Graccy · Oct 28, 2019

Dish tv set up box not working since 2 months, I've already complained, but no response, I've already given my home address, technician called me but not attended

Comments

• Ki
    Kings623 Feb 10, 2020

This is horrible, I signed a contact and the local fox station is a big part of my TV viewing and they dropped it, NO NFL, NI SUPER BOWL. DISH TV SUCKS. They should discount my monthly subscription or let me out of my contact and refund my installation fee. This is UN American. No excuse dish. It all about their profits

• Do
    Doug pinson Feb 03, 2020

I have sent several messages concerning your news lineup. When can I expect to be able to get OAN in my lineup?

• Je
    Jeremy Perez Nov 09, 2019

I was in basic training for a few months when I left i guess they opened a collection for 328$ on may 30th 5 days after I left. Well on july 15th they took out 420$ and on July 22 they took out 549$ all while I was at basic training without no way of knowing this. And still on my credit report it says I still owe 328$

• Dw
    Dwellsatx Nov 04, 2019

dropped fssw so you have to pay more for NBA tv to see games. however when they drop any programming their rates don't change!! charge for services you don't get

• Gr
    Graccy Nov 04, 2019

Set up box not working since 2 months. I've already complained, but no response, I've already given my home address, technician called me but not attended

• St
    Stevestoeckel Oct 16, 2019

Ups is supposed to drop off a box to put your equipment in, they trued 3x to pick up without leaving a box. Now your billing me for the equipment that i cant return without said box...please tell me what im doing wrong.

• Bo
    Bobbygking Oct 16, 2019

Why is it still not on yet if I miss another stars game I'm switching to dish is this going to be a bull crap deal like mav tv we never got back only this oh we got fox big 10 back I don't care bring it back or find another loyal customer of 15plus years

mark Spittlemeister Oct 13, 2019

Why would I get services from you when your subcontractor fired me for getting hurt on my own time and when I referred another employee to there company they qont even look at me to return to work

• Rh
    Rhonda Eschrich Oct 13, 2019

All I am trying to do is move my service from one State to another. I have been on the phone six times with Dish today and every time I have been transferred to someone in the Phillipines that I cannot understand and they have screwed up my order three times. I am now looking into another satelite provider.

• Mi
    Mitchill7 Oct 12, 2019

either get your Fox problems solved or rework your pricing for the packages that you sold people that you now no longer are completely providing. You're already getting over paid for your services, bite the bullet and get your problems resolved ...

• Sc
    scudbuster Oct 10, 2019

Now that the baseball playoffs have started, I hope dish can come to an agreement with fox. Also, cannot get NFL on local Fox affiliate. This may force me to look at streaming more carefully

• Gi
    Gina Saldana Oct 09, 2019

I lived at 957 N. Farris Fresno, CA 93728. I moved out 03/2016 so i had called Dish to let them know that i was moving out and to turn my Dish service off. Dish continued charging me even when i wasnt living there. Can we resolve this issue.

• Jm
    jmbrown63052 Oct 08, 2019

Absolutely terrible service. I cancelled my account due to constant outages. They sent me a box to pack the equipment myself. Spent all day on the phone with them today getting help with the instructions to mail everything back. Then..12 hours later I get an email saying I'm being billed 399 dollars because I haven't mailed the equipment back!!!

• Co
    Colleen Brown Oct 08, 2019

I will cancel if fox is not but back.on the network immediately. I am missing nfl and several of my favorite new shows this fall season. FIX IT NOW OR I WILL LEAVE.

• Ba
    Barblyle Oct 07, 2019

I think is ridiculous that you cant get the channel back. You probably will after the world series. If you don't get back soon we will be switching. You used to have young and the restless on pop in the evening which was great but that's gone. Very disappointed you this service

No channels high prices Oct 07, 2019

Pretty nice that you guys (dish) can drop channels when ever you want, however your prices keep going up! My family enjoys our sports but once again the consumer is the one getting screwed by high prices and at the mercy of whatever dish network feels like doing!

• Ra
    Randy Skalka Oct 07, 2019

WTF !!! I have been a Dish customer for twenty years, pay $ 200 per month subscription fees and this is crap. I have recently been on the fence between Dish and Direct TV, you are making the decision alot easier.

Upset Subscriber

• Ke
    Ken Cook 22335566 Oct 07, 2019

I think this is the stupidest thing you can do. I am switching cable companies over your decision to do this during football season.

• Ju
    [email protected] Oct 07, 2019

I called dish Network 3'times around noon on September 30th.i called and was put on hold 3 different times for 30 minutes.i am extremely frustrated.When you call and want new service the wait vis one minute.To cancel is outlined vhere.A big mess.I hope this helps someone's opinion on dish, as for mine it's very poor.

Chance Pine Oct 07, 2019

James Pine [protected], 9/28/19
    We have been a customer of Dish Network since you started and really tired of losing channels, this time BTN and other fox channels. Already lost all the HBO channels. Get your act together or I'll just cancel Dish altogether and go to another provider.

• Ro
    Robert Dyer34 Oct 07, 2019

Dish keep dropping channels. I'm giving them 2 weeks I'm dropping them . No fox sports no hbo

• Dm
    Dmo12345 Oct 07, 2019

I pay a lot of money and want FOX back this unfair! Are you going to decrease my bill?

John Budna Sep 15, 2019

I'm getting a lawer and sue you people for a year of awful service. Seriously awful.

• Le
    Lexie Ribera Sep 14, 2019

This is absolutely ridiculous !!!I can not watch my football you lost HBO and now unfortunately I am going back to Direct tv. I hardly watch tv didn't care about HBO but I can not miss my Patriots-CBS-CT. Stop worrying about the prices because you will be losing customers and they will not come back.

• Ly
    Lynne Chevalier Aug 28, 2019

On top of losing local channels that carried local sports my bill has gone up approximately $30.00 with no explanation. You have said for the last couple of months but nothing. I do not pay the station but you. I feel this is a breach of contract since these channels were to be excluded.

• Gr
    greg sechrist Aug 12, 2019

i will leave dish if they dont resolve this. if i cant watch the rangers and mavericks why pay for it.

• Cr
    Craig Spindle Aug 05, 2019

We are paying to much money for this service. The broadband is always going to red on our tower . We constantly have to disconnect the cable on the back and reconnect to resets at least 10 times a day. Now channel 412-06 is blocked by Walt Disney. This needs to be made right to your customers.

Nooty09 Jul 27, 2019

They are overpriced. Signal is messed up and i pay for netflix separately and the internet and they banned me for accessing it even though i can only get it by paying outside people. They are ridiculous and greedy . Im not happy. Im very irritated and would suggest no one to subscribe to them.

• Ho
    Hope14 Jul 21, 2019

Bad customer service led to our canceling service. Then it got even worse...I gave them plenty of opportunities to at least have us leave on good terms, but no; their service got increasingly confrontational. They can kiss my a** and I am young enough and smart enough to know I will have a different service at some point, but it will not be dish.

• Kw
    Kwilson93 Jun 10, 2019

Van # 1424, tried to merge into the front driver panel of my vehicle I had to honk my horn, he sped up maybe 2 feet and tried it yet again whole time this gentleman was on his phone.

• Je
    jennifer long-pooler Nov 19, 2018

August 27th, 2016 acct#[protected] Jennifer Long/ problems w/DVR...terrible customer service.Talked to 2 different operators w/no common sense, treated me like I was unintelligent there was no solution except complete dissatisfaction.

• Le
    Lefty12 Nov 19, 2018

Get your act together Dish settle with Fox and lets move on. It's the consumer that is losing out here.

• Ga
    garystan Nov 19, 2018

DishTV is caught double-billing customers. I've seen it happen to numerous people and friends. Unfortunately, DishTV is protected by the U.S. Governemt. So there is no debating with them about this illegal business practice.

• Qh
    qhoang7 Nov 13, 2018

I told the customer service representative that i want to cancel the services and request the information to return the receiver box. They assessed additional charge fee of $10.00/per box for returning their equipment. That is service extortion.

• Ro
    Robert Howell Nov 13, 2018

How am I supposed to watch football playoffs ? I think I'll switch to Direct tv
    Since I already have their hardware next to my Dish... And so are my neighbors and friends, you liars!!!
    Robert Howell
    Diana, Texas

• Di
    Dishisjustasbad Nov 13, 2018

When I turn on my tv in the morning I have to change the channel back to channel I left it on when it was turned off. Now it auto tunes to some dish network media advertising bologna. I would like to ask if it is their intent to make people angry? So you want to lose customers? Because pissing customers off is a sure way to lose them

• Vi
    Victoria Wedell Nov 11, 2018

I am very dissatisfied about the NBC blackout. I am only able to receive Dish Network in the area where I live in the mountains of SW North Carolina. I would like to know if the issue concerning NBC will get resolved with Dish Network. What can I as a consumer do to get NBC back on my Dish?

• Ri
    richard kozasa Nov 11, 2018

in the music '40s pop hits, please remove the voice in between music! he is damned annoying. a more mellow tone would be nice. maybe a woman.

• Br
    Bradley dish sucks harris Oct 27, 2018

Sent me a new remote without a clue on how to sync it up with the Joey. Had to call and let them explain to me how inadequate the pamphlet they sent was . They just tell you how to pair with the hopper. Then talk to you like you are stupid. Thanks dish for pissing me off.

• Lo
    Love abc Oct 22, 2018

I was with dish An I relocated I was told they services can be provided where I was going come to find out it isn't an I had to pay them 400 An some dollars to end my contract I would NEVER NEVER recommend they services to anyone they take people money they they work hard for they mistakes it's like they tell you one thing An it's another