Having problems with DISH Network?

DISH Network reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 16, 2006. The latest review No satellite and charging me to fix was posted on Apr 30, 2021. The latest complaint local channels was resolved on Oct 05, 2019. DISH Network has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 956 reviews. DISH Network has resolved 280 complaints.

DISH Network Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 313 5710 (Customer Service)
+1 800 333 3474 (Customer Service)
9601 S Meridian Blvd
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DISH Network Customer Service. Initial DISH Network complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DISH Network above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DISH Network. Discuss the issues you have had with DISH Network and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DISH Network Complaints & Reviews

Dish Network / Dish.comcustomer service - moving installation

We contacted Dish over two weeks ago to have our services moved as we have moved. We were told we would have to wait until today October 5, 2019 for someone to come out between the hours of 8:00 and 12:00. I immediately questioned this as your company advertises someone will come out within 24 hours. With much frustration, we have waited for our installation day to have no technician arrive without our window. After calling to check the status of the technician I was informed by the representative that the tech May or may not show up today. I immediately asked to speak with a supervisor. This supervisor was rude and stated that they could give me a credit of 40 dollars for us not having services thus far and $20 for the inconvenience of the technician not showing up. This absolutely infuriates me being I've had to take off work today - cancel plans - and miss a benefit that cost me over $400 for tickets because your company is clueless and doesn't know what's going on or where your technicians is. I let this supervisor know I would be contacting the Better Business Bureau and also speaking with my attorney if install didn't happen today as I was advised being you've cost me money and TIME! This guy sent me over to a woman named Rose with ID JZH. She is rude and should be fired as she has no clue what is going on either and quite frankly is a smart [censored] to your customers. This is not appreciated! She informed me that "oh someone will be out now between 3 and 5". Yet again, now we are missing other events due to this inconvenience

Bottom line is - your customer service is TERRIBLE, and your TV service is just as bad. I want a supervisor or your legal department to contact me regarding getting out of my contract because quite frankly I don't do business with rude people and unreliable peop

Dish Network / Dish.comfraudulent receiver return claim

I noticed Dish Network dropped my sports channels in July 2019. I saw they were having a dispute with the sports provider so I patiently waited for resolve. By August my favorite major league team was in the pennant race and Dish Network still had not resolved the issue. I then called about the issue and was told the channels would return soon and also rewarded 3 months of Major League Network free for 3 months to watch "highlights ". In August, after a long, heated sales pitch from their sales rep, I dropped Dish Network. I had to call twice to get my return boxes sent to my home for returning the equipment. I packed the main receiver, two Joey receivers, Remotes and the satellite Lan part and hand delivered to UPS for shipment to Dish Network. Now I get email stating my credit is being charged $50.00 for non return of a Joey receiver.

Vincent

Dish Network / Dish.comremoval of fox channels

I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years but you are about to lose me. I pay my bills on time and expect to have the channels I purchased. I purchase satellite TV so I can watch sports but every year you guys do this and cut off sports channels often during prime seasons. You need to get your act together quickly and restore the fox channels (including fox sports SW, Fox News, Local Fox affiliate, etc) or I am going to find another solution and quickly. I have had enough!

Signed, Fed up long time loyal customer!

• Br
          BRB3316 Oct 04, 2019

I made a big mistake when I switched to Dish just a couple of months ago. The very day it was installed we lost Fox Sports Southwest, now we lose KDFW. How slimy of Dish is it to post the telephone number for KDFW urging Dish customers to call them. My contract is with Dish and this is one of the channels I pay for so Dish needs to get off their butt and reconcile this. I also think it's pretty sorry of Dish to not have this worked out BEFORE the contract with KDFW expired.

Dish Network / Dish.comremoving channels

You have removed wwe raw and fox news and smackdown which you told me were in this package. After one day I find I do not have these channels. I do not want to watch lying news I want the truth. Get with the program and get theses channels back. Now I tried to submit my complaint and you tell me I dont have enough characters. what else would you like me to tell you that dish is messed up and not giving the public what they want. I see I am not the only complaint. Remember this is a complaint after one day of installing dish network. [protected] craig kizer new customer.

Dish Network / Dish.comfox sports 1

I'm totally ticked off about this latest fox sports 1 cancellation. The major league play offs are starting this week and in the history of baseball I cannot ever remember being blacked out of yankee games. I plan to cancel dish net if this is not resolved by Friday. Absolute joke. You people could care less. Pay the dam premium. And further more was idiotic company dictates a complaint be 350 words. Your a joke for a company.

Dish Network / Dish.comyou stealing money from me without permission

You said 360 termination fee. Then took it with out my permission out of my account called 10 times most of the time on hold for 30 plus min to talk to some idiot that cant hardly speak English for them to say please hold and hang up on me I was not set up for auto pay you have no legal right to take my money and I did not physically sighn a contract or electronically sighn one you are a bunch of thieves. May be you can explain to my daughters why daddy has to work over time to come up with money to pay mortgage instead of being with them on there birthday thanks alot Dish your only here to help you "F" everyone else what a way to run a business no wo der the better business bureau and the entire internet is 99 percent negative about dish I wish I would have done the smart thing and gone with comcast. Way to make a mark on the world as crooks.

Dish Network / Dish.comchange in channels on my programming

I have been a dish customer for years along with a billion other people i have been a smackdown fan for many years also. Now we find out that for some unknown reason which is probably a money negotiation like with AMC before, you have went and took away the FOX channel which Smackdown has moved to on October 5th 2019. Now I am sure this is because of you wanting more money because of this but now you have went an pissed off over a billion customers plus fans who were looking toward this premiere that has been advertised to us for a long time now. You can continue this mess you have created but you may lose a hell of a lot of customers because of it. Not only will you lose customers but friends of us because we will pass this message along to everyone that is or has been a fan and make sure that many of us consider changing providers who do carry this channel and give a [censored] about their customers. Which is why we are seriously considering going back to directv, they may cost more but at least they aren't pulling a station that a billion fans and customers have been waiting a long time to get ready for, so I hope losing a billion customers over some unknown stupid reason, but something better change back to how it was or you can forget my service and me paying my bill!!!

Dish Network / Dish.comthe cancellation of channels

I think it is ridiculous that dish doesn't settle this thing with fox. You charge us a lot of money for these channels and now we don't have them but you don't credit our bill. This is all about greed. I will cancel my subscription as soon as my contract is up. I am sick of this. Now we can't watch the baseball playoffs or the football games. You people are so greedy it makes me sick. You make billions and can't give up any of your precious money. Pathetic

Dish Network / Dish.comfox drop

How many people think that political viewpoints are the reason DISH is dropping Fox? If not that, they couldn't negotiate themselves out of a brown paper bag. They stepped on their d*cks with HBO too.
                  Show some leadership. Support your customer base.
                  I have 5 Screens at my house and pay big monthly fees. At least let us out of our plans for free...!

Dish Network / Dish.comchannels

Why the hell would you get ride of Fox Sports? Do you not enjoy nfl games?! Also when are you going to get clearance to watch the acc network on the espn app?! Y'all need to rethink your decisions lately! I am sitting here on a Sunday trying to stream nfl games on fox and I can't because y'all don't carry it anymore?! Also I want to watch shows on demand on the ESPN app from the acc network and it says dish subscribers don't have access yet! When are y'all going to fix this stuff?!?!

Dish Network / Dish.comremoval of fox dc and fox sports channels

We pay our Dish bill every month! We expect Dish to provide the channels we want and pay for. Dish makes enough money from its TV customers, advertising and many other ways that as a customer are not aware of, with that being said, Dish needs to make a deal, and not make the customers pay for it, with Fox DC and Fox Sports to get the channels back.
                      This is unacceptable customer service to remove the channels during sports season and local news.

• Li
                          Linda J Waller Sep 30, 2019

Furious that Dish has removed FOX network and sports...my Dish bill is extremely high, seems overcharged already...now a station I watch for my local news and sports has disappeared. I will drop Dish if this is not immediately negotiated and Fox returned to my Dish service.

Dish Network / Dish.comchannel lineup

Where are the Fox RSN's? Where's BTN Network? These are channels you agreed to provide for the price of our service. If you are not going to provide them, where is our reduction in our monthly rates. You say that Fox wants to pad their pockets, but from here it seems it is Dish who's pockets are getting padded more by not providing a service you committed to, not providing that service, but keeping the subscription money for it. I am so disgusted with your tactics that I am in the process of looking for alternative service.

Sep 29, 2019

Dish Network — cable channels being removed

I have beena a Dish Network customer for many many years. Now I have come to the conclusion that we a...

Dish Network / Dish.comfox sports outage

Apparently over 13 years of loyalty gets you ABSOLUTELY nowhere with Dish network. I cannot believe that today is the last day of the regular season for baseball, and I CANNOT watch to see whether the Cardinals win their division or go to the playoffs as a wild card team. I don't want to hear why this situation with Fox sports can't be resolved. There has been PLENTY of time to come to some sort of compromise. Playoffs start this week but I won't be able to watch all of the games. I am SICK of Dish network!!!

Dish Network / Dish.comdish not reaching an agreement with fox stations that were removed

We have been Dish customers for 20 years. We are very unhappy with Dish not reaching an agreement with Fox, specifically FS1. I am a huge baseball fan. I have been looking forward to the baseball playoffs all year. They start this coming week affectng the American League on October 4th. if you don't reach an agreement with Fox before they start, I will miss most of the American League playoffs. I live in Houston and will be extremely upset if I cannot see the Astros play. Also, I am especially a big Yankee fan, which also will be impacted because of Dish not reaching an agreement with Fox.

Please do whatever is necessary to reach an agreement and restore the missing TV stations/channels ASAP!!!

Dish Network / Dish.comloss of most watched channels and price increase

Husband and I have been Dish customers for years, but are seriously fed up with the constant price increase of our subscription. Now they've dropped all Fox channels, which we watched a lot. Why should we be charged more, but get less of what we want? We also used to watch Destination America, can't find it anymore. Not good customer service at all. Looking for new service. Good luck keeping your customers, Dish!

Dish Network / Dish.comwe are very upset that the fox channels have been canceled.

We are very upset that the Fox channels have been removed from Dish Network. Sports is something that we enjoy watching in our household. It also contributes to our social life. We like having friends and family over to enjoy each other's company, food, and of course; watching the game together. It is very frustrating that not only did we lose KAKE -10 for several months, and we were paying the same price. Now it looks like we are still paying the same price and are missing more than just 1 channel. If this is something like is going to go on for any length of time, we think that our bill should be reduced. If this is resolved in a timely manner, we will be looking into other options and probably be canceling our package.

Tom Scott
                                1163 Ks Hwy 177
                                Matfield Green, Ks

[protected]

[protected]@gmail.com
                                [protected]@usd284.org

Dish Network / Dish.comdish satellite service

I'm sick of you holding the viewers hostage in the Atlanta area.

This summer it was CBS now it's Fox

You guys need to resolve these issues before they get to the viewers

We should never have to be without our network TV or channels that we originally signed up for

Your actions are criminal in the area dish satellite company

I have been with you since about 1999 and we may be getting close to the end based on your recent actions or lack of action !!!

Dish Network / Dish.comequipment cancellation

Extremely unhappy with Dish for charging me $148 early cancellation fee because of equipment agreement. I do not remember a separate contract for equipment this was misleading. I cancelled dish service because of rates after contract ended, my bill went from $65 a month to $99 extremely high only received an offer to reduce bill of $20 a month that was not enough.
                                    Now I was told I will be charge $148 for early cancellation because of an equipment agreement.

I am so unhappy and dissatisfied with Dish. I am requesting a reduction as this was miss leading to a consumer the way it was done.

Originally we were offered hopper and never used it so we had it removed and now dish is saying there was a separate contract for equipment only, I do not agree with this.

Plus I was on hold for 30 minutes waiting for someone to answer the phone and then it took another 30 minutes to cancel.

Please be considerate to consumers this is miss leading and I request a this fee to be waived.

Unhappy with Dish Service and the way the business was conducted.
                                    Marjorie Seman

• Br
                                        Britt3891 Oct 15, 2019

My bill keeps going up as well. I am getting sick of Dish.

Dish Network / Dish.comloss of channels

Dish network as pulled serval channels this summer CBS a local channel and now Fox another local channel that we pay for. Plus we have lost all the FOX sports channels. Being that we live in the Atlanta are we are Braves fans and my 9 year old son hasn't been able to watch a braves game in weeks unless it's on ESPN!! Is this issue going to be resolved soon or is Dish network going to give different programming because we are paying for channels that we don't have. We have been loyal dish customers for over 15 years!!! Please fix this issue!!

RESOLVED

Thank you for resolving this issue with FOX.

• Li
                                          Liz Broussard Sep 29, 2019

U MF taking away all these channels like local channels to mk money on cables channels! Elderly & the poor as welll as middle payday to payday people can’t affotd Xfinity so this is their thanks ! Just tucking go out of business idiots!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬