DirecTVpayment dispute

Account # 115296 in the Name of Richard Price

DirectTV says our bank returned a payment in the amount of $129.70.

DirecTV first stated that it was check #4370(our February payment) that was returned. That check cleared our bank on March 1st. When we called to say that the payment had cleared, DirecTV then said it was check #4392 (our March payment). Than check cleared our bank on March 28th. We provided DirecTV with a complete March bank statement showing that both checks were paid. Then DirecTV said the payment was reversed in April. So we provided our complete April bank statement showing that we had not received a credit from DirecTV. My husband also provided electronic trace numbers for the payments. We have continued to make our regular monthly payments but DirecTV insists we are past due and that our service will be disconnected May 24th.

We have been customers of DirecTV for 17 years. In all that time we have never had a late payment or bounced a check. My husband has written three emails through the DirecTV website, a letter to the president, and has spent hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue.

We want all of our payments credited and the late fees waived.

payment dispute
payment dispute

• Ra
    Raymond Hansen Sep 19, 2017

My Direct TV Account #[protected] has received a bill for $113.58 due 9/24/17. This I feel is in error, as the account is in suspension. Last payment was made in April, 2016 before going into suspension. With the so-called six-month suspension rule, this would make the correct billing due in October, for November billing, 2017. I was also given a credit of over $50.00 for account #[protected], which has been discontinued due to move to retirement center. I was referred by Direct TV Customer Service to file this complaint. I also want to change the service to Basic, $29.99? per mo. until activation.
    Change billing address to:
    Raymond Hansen
    2815 S. Westlake Dr. -- Apt. 329
    Sioux Falls, SD 57106 -- Ph. [protected] -- E-mail ([email protected])