Direct TVrip off for existing customers

Direct TV was charging us $89.99 per month for the exact same services that they were offering new customers for $44.99 per month. We called to cancel and they offered us only $10 off to keep us as loyal, long-term customers. After I cancelled our service, I decided to phone them about re-connecting our service. Both agents in the "Win-Back Department" told me that 1.) they could not extend the New Customer deal to me at this time and 2.) those deals were only for New Customers and when I became a New Customer, I was offered "My Deal" at that time. The deal I was offered (when the economy was good) was still available to me, however blah blah blah ... well, I hung up the phone before that conversation could be continued...

• Co
    coalman111 Mar 25, 2013

I have had Direct TV for years, they gave me three months of HBO for free (if that's what you want to call it) in December 2012 which was for January, February and March in January they charge me as if i ask for it, it was paid, in February when i called to ask why i was being charged the second time, they said i would be charged until March it was how there billing system worked at that time i told them to stop the service, they put me on hold and when they came back they told me that i would be billed for January and February if i didn't wait till the end of March, now there saying i owed a bill that was paid on March the sixth at that time i told the lady if it isn't taken off my next bill i work turn the account loss over to the Attorney General, which i did, now even after the bill was paid on time they shut one of my receivers off, when i tried to call them to help me turn it back on they're telling me i have a outstanding bill! ONLY in America!!! The crooks and thievees are running rampid!

• Va
    Vanessa A Wilbur Jul 07, 2011

I emailed D-tv because I am paying for sports, cartoons, gay and music channels that we-Seniors do not watch and I was very dissatisfied with their reply. They assured me that their customers are quit happy with the packages they offer. That being said, I explored the internet and found that there is a boat load of customers that don't like paying for so MANY channels that they don't watch. We are exploring other options, because their customer service is not at a very high standard. I understand that there would be many channels included in a pkg. that I would not view, but there is a "boat load" of them. We are tired of paying for channels that are of no interest to us. Being on a fixed income, I find their attitude with Seniors sad. I remember a time when companies wanted your business.

• Gi
    GinaJ Jun 15, 2011

Same thing here - after 1 yr of Choice Extra @ 34.99 month - it's going up to $60.99 month. My husband and I decided to buy a HD device that will let us stream movies & programs to our TV from Netflix (we buy the roku box for $70 - including shipping, and have only the monthly netflix fee of around $9.00 )- and we are going to cancel Direct TV (we scaled down to the "Family Package - and it really is a bunch of garbage -can't even get USA, TNT, or TBS - which are usually always included).

• Tr
    troubadour Mar 25, 2011

I agree that Direct TV does not reward their long time loyal customers as we were surprised to have the same experience. We switched to dish network because Direct TV would not offer us a fair deal after being long time loyal customers and we were forced to cut back while struggling with the current economy.

sad and hopeless Mar 10, 2011

i have a contract with direct tv how can i get out of it ? i have less than 100. chanels and i am paying 85.00 dollars a month. can someone help me please. sad and out of hope

• Wa
    Want2BeTreatedFair Nov 13, 2010

So much for loyalty!!! My 1 year subscription ran out...I was paying $34.95...then they had it going to $76 per month...and I said no...so I settled for the basic package for $29.99 per month...Ooooooooooooooooooooh but guess what...the next time I turned on my TV I did have 50 channels...4 local channels and the remaining 46 channels are ALL Infomercials!!! What a RIP-OFF!!!

• Di
    Dixiedee Aug 07, 2009

Do not give Direct TV your debit or Credit Card number!!! If you pay them ... use a Money Order! They will keep your Account number and Charge your account whenever they want to... What's worst...THE BANK WILL LET THEM DO IT UNAUTHORIZED!!!