Resolved Direct TV — rebates
I too have been the victim of Direct Tv false advertising scams. I signed a contract with a Direct Tv agent for an agreed upon price of $50. a month, a $23.00 savings for 12 months of the 18 month contract.
The first bill was pro-rated, so nothing seemed suspicious. The 2nd months bill came in at $73.00, not $50. I called Direct Tv and was then told that we must submit the rebate on-line. I was not able to submit the rebate - the website would not allow it. My husband called the next month and was told by the opeator at Direct Tv that she could not apply for the rebate, but to try again on-line.. Again I went back to the website. There I was still not allowed to submit fort the rebate. Today when I called - guess what? The rebate has expired and they want $300. to cancel the service. Buyer beware!!!
No where in the pages of paper work I have is there an experation date for this rebate.. No where in the inital contract with Direct Tv does is state that the rebate must be applied for on-line. Tacky. Nasty business practices.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks!
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience!
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion
- Direct TV - someone elso opened an account with my last name and address
- Direct TV - failure to get proper credits on my bill
- Direc TV Support - very poor service
- DirecTV - no show installation
- DirecTV - new guide change