Direct TV — fraudulent charges
My wife and I had our house on the market for 15 months. We finally got an offer and sold it. I contacted directv 2 weeks before we moved to cancel and let them know we were moving to a location where we couldn't have satellite service and we needed to cancel. I never received the box to return the receiver and contacted them again. The agent told me to sign up for the mover's package. I explained that we couldn't have satellite service at our new house and he just went off on how that was illegal and that I should sue my landlord, etc. I told him I was not interested in taking my new landlord to court 1 week after moving in - or ever for that matter. This agent would not accept my requests and continued to try to force new packages on me. He then said I would have to pay an early cancellation fee unless a representative came to the new place to verify that we couldn't have service.
Meanwhile, I updated my account information and removed my credit card from my dtv account file.
The next week, a person came out to install new service. I refused and he left. Since that day (Last week) , dtv has called my house 12 times. They also charged my credit card $280 for the new mover's package even though:
1) I did not have anything installed
2) I had previously removed my cc from my account.
Although I enjoyed their programming, this company is horrible. Their customer service is not customer service. It is self service and they simply will not listen to the customer.
Never again dtv. Never again.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks!
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience!
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion
- Direct TV - someone elso opened an account with my last name and address
- Direct TV - failure to get proper credits on my bill
- Direc TV Support - very poor service
- DirecTV - no show installation
- DirecTV - new guide change