Direct TVdo not get directv they will rob you!

H

I subscribed to DirecTV in April. The day that the dish was put in I did not receive services. Tech said that give it some time and the signal will come in. Later on that day it did. Two days later gone. I called and they said that they will send someone out. Four days later another tech comes out, moves the dish. The signal works for a day. then gone. I call again, same thing. This happened once a week for a month. I called up and canceled the service. Now I was told that I had 90 days to cancel the service and not be charged with the $300plus early termination fee. Guess what I was charged the termination fee. I called and complained about it, explaining how they never gave me service and broke their contract with me. I wrote to the legal department, explaining the problem again. I get this nasty letter back stating that I owe then $233.03 for my early termination fee and that it has been sent to a collection agency now. That is bull ###. They never gave me service. SO DO NOT GET DIRECTV THEY WILL ROB YOU!!!

• Gr
    Gregg L. Newbury Aug 15, 2009

I have been a customer of DirecTV since 2002. In 2007 I upgraded to HD. I switched to AT&T U-Verse after just 21 months. DirecTV claims I owe them a $50 early termination fee. I say since I was with them for seven years, I do not owe them that fee. The Customer Service Rep agreed, saying she would make the proper adjustments - the next time I hear from them is a demand letter.

I realize $50 is not much, but why should they have it when I feel I fulfilled my commitment to them? Plus I purchased my HD from Best-Buy, prepaying the lease of the receiver. They are threatening to take me to collections. In this stupid Obama economy, all I need is a bad mark on my credit history.

• Ta
    TALWAN Jul 09, 2009

WHY IS IT THAT THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH SCAMMING PEOPLE AND SEEMINGLY NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT. I HAVEN'T HAD HD SERVICE IN TWO WEEKS AND COSTER SERVICE HANGS UP ON ME WHEN CALL TO COMPLAIN.WHAT A RIP-OFF COMPANY

• Fl
    flcrawford May 19, 2009

been a directv customer, recentely called for hdtv upgrade, installation crew left holes in roof directly above electric power
    box, two weeks later rain came and shorted out power box, a loud
    crash and lots of sparks and the power went out. this is only part of the story, now direct has turned my account over to collections
    for early contract cancelletion.
    e-mail me at
    [email protected]
    arlington, tx
    [protected]
    i will send you the rest of this unbelievable experience.

i am interested in a class action law suit if enough mistreated customers will unit with me

• Fl
    flcrawford May 19, 2009

directv upgraded my system to hdtv, left holes in roof directly over
    electrical breaker box. two weeks later it rained after about two hours
    enough water ran in and shorted out the electric system, with a
    loud crashing pop and lots of fireworks we were left with no power.
    this is only the beginning of the story. now directv has turned the
    account over to collection for early contract cancellation.
    for the rest of the story,
    e-mail me at
    [email protected]
    arlington, tx
    i am intertested in a class action law suit if enough customers will
    contact me

Michael Gentry Dec 13, 2008

You need to stop believing your own lies. I am getting an attorney for this. You really put me in a hardship not paying me and I hope it hit you 10 times worse. You are spreading plian lies about me on the internet.

Michael Gentry Dec 12, 2008

I have never stolen anything in my life. There you go lying again and again. Your home was described on the internet when it was being sold. I have never beeen anywhere near your house and don't want to.. This is another case of fraud. You told me that you pay everyone and I turned in all my equipment to my Lead Tech. when you said you would pay me and you lied again and again and again!!!

• Je
    Jessica Long May 28, 2008

Oops, I made a typing error. At the end of my previous comment I meant to say the criminal record Mike is referring to is a misdemeanor charge of larceny, not felony. It was simply an issue between a teenage kid and his mom. Mike has nothing else to go on.

• Je
    Jessica Long May 28, 2008

This is in response to the previous comment concerning Mike Gentry and Direct Technologies, Inc. He is correcct that we did not pay him. However, he failed to say why we did not pay him. Mike was a 1099 subcontractor who was under contract with our company. He and 2 others that he worked together frequently broke their contracts with us. They left unfinished work. They were caught selling our equipment and pocketing the money. They also failed to return all of our equipment to us upon their termination. They literally cost our company thousands of dollars. On top of all of this, Mike became obsessive and threatening. He threatened to have us "taken care of" by a motorcycle gang he supposedly belongs to. He also left us messages describing the inside of my house and details about my home that only people who had been inside could know. He currently has several warrants out for his arrest. As for my husband's criminal record, Mike is referring to a misdemeanor charge for felony from almost 20 years ago. My husband was a teenager and the charge involved his mother. Mike is a little out of his mind and I personally consider him to be a danger.

Micheal Gentry Jan 12, 2008

Direct Technologies in Dallas, NC contracts for Directv and they refuse to pay me the $3000.00 owed to me for working for them. The owners Jessica Long told me I was getting my money back in October 2007 and Stacy Long her husband will not pay me. He has a criminal record for being a thief. If I had known this when I was hired then I would not have worked there. This is a low life ### company. Please avoid them totally. They will rip you off!!!! Why would Directv hire someone with a criminal theift record??

• De
    Dennis White Nov 28, 2007

I got Directv installed first of July 2007 and three days later they ask me to prove I was me.

I was roobed on internet by sending info and refused the cut off my service. I got Dish At&T service no problems buit now Directv Is billing me for services never received!

They are crazy and it's a huge attitude and lady said I know who you are and you had a write wuith us and Blh Blah Blah. Now they love to debit muy account and rip me off ahrd earned money! Its a night mare with no police!!

• Ti
    Timothy Hunt Oct 14, 2007

Same thing happened to me! We were set up in June, had lousy service, did not get what we were promised, and cancelled in ~30 days. We were told by the rep at the time of disconnect that due to our circumstances and our repeated complaints that the early disconnect penalty would be waived. Guess what, I was not! In fact they are saying that it was my responsibility to know that their reps can not waive early disconnection fees!!! Thus I apparently still owe them the fee ($233.00). Seems kinda crappy to me. I have filed w/ the BBB and consumer affairs. Any other avenues?

• Am
    Amy Sep 17, 2007

I agree! I cancelled my DTV contract after one month because of poor service & they're trying to charge me the cancellation fee, too. What a load of crap! I am working with my state's consumer affairs office & will file a complaint with the BBB so it shows up nationwide as a black mark against them. DTV should have to meet reasonable criteria (like providing the service requested at the price requested) and if they don't the customers should be allowed to cancel without penalty.