Direct TVbad customer service

A

First thing I have to say is that it seems like it doesn't madder what company I try, it seems that customer service is a lost art. I have been a customer of Direct TV for a year now and up until now I have had a handful of complaints that I would like people to know before they sign up. The day of my new installation, they gave me that dreaded four hour time for me to be home. Well, they were four hours late plus installation time, off to a great start. I had to pull a few teeth for some compensation for time. $5-$10 off a month on a $120.00 bill, big whoop. I would like my time back please... Then to boot the second time they had to come out to fix my bran new dvr box, can you believe they were 6 hours pass the 4 hour time slot. Yea, wasn't a happy guy, and the technician was in a pissy mood as well. Again went through hoops and bad customer service to get some compensation. The leverage they have on you is like your cell phone company, is the two year contract. This gives them the right to treat you like crap because you are stuck with them for years. If you have the leverage to leave then most company's will compensate you somehow.
Now my latest complaint is, I called to add two more boxs for a friend that needs a place to stay for 6 months tops. Cost to me (or him) $300+, for a what they call, a leasing fee, they tried to use the analogy for leasing a car. I told them I could lease a car for cheaper and that this is crazy. For their equipment that I have to return and I had to sign in for another two years contract. Then all the hidden charges that make no sense to me but this is true with all company's I deal with.
When and how can we as customers can we try to demand better service for our money as a whole. First contracts are BS, if you provide me with a service I am happy with, guess what, I won't leave you. Second get rid of hidden costs, be square and up front to us. Don't advertise something and give us something else. Get back to the customer is always right! You can't make everybody happy but at least try.

• Be
    Betsy45 Dec 14, 2010

Abbo is a idiot and dumb as you can get. I myself hate directv they are [censor]s period. Lousy customer Service its that simply!! I have had them for 20+ years, I should just dump them, which will do asap. Reason their are idiots they are controlled by AT&T go figure greedy bunch.
    They just jacking up your bill on both and u can't do a thing about it but fire them...thats what everybody should do.

Abbo__ Jun 18, 2009

So, you work for the Boise Idaho branch on Grove and Capital. That was easy! Everybody else make a complaint to there office directly [protected]‎ so maybe you will get the chance to talk to this ### and give her another reason to hate her life...

Abbo__ Jun 18, 2009

Ok Realist, if you don't work for the Idaho branch of DTV then you should definitely get a job there. With over 80 responses to comments on this site trying to discredit people by making rude comments to them about there complaints to DTV. My question is why? Did you get fired? Also you will never be short of work, do a google search for complaints and you have over a million sites with thousands complaints on each one. So keep going, You are on your way with 80. By the way I hope your dog breaks another leg ###, go get a life besides sitting on your fat ### trying to defend your company by discrediting peoples comments with personal attacks. I am sorry to everybody else that might stumble across this because I never call people a loser, with no life, and wakes up every morning hating there life and I didn't make any personal insults in my original complaint. Just check her record by clicking on her name and see her responses to people. She is a ###. Realist you have no idea who I am and your assumption of me and many others on this complaint board are pathetic and have no merit. You are trying but you will never get me and millions of other to stop complaining. So give up you sadistic pig. I am going to follow every post that you have called people jerks, ###s, and make sure that you are looked at as joke, so that you will have to change your name. I love people that are tough when they are typing anonymously. You are the definition of a coward.

realist Jun 16, 2009

and by the way its directv, not dtv. dtv just stands for digital televison, they arent a company at all

realist Jun 15, 2009

Hey smart one I dont work for directv, I would never be able to deal with rude ###s like you, I am just tired of people abusing customer service reps that have nothing to do with the freaking rules that they must fallow.

Abbo__ Jun 12, 2009

Ah, perfect example of a dtv rep. How are you today realist? You are wrong on so many levels. As a manager of a company with over 2ooo branches & my store ranks is the top 100 for customer service ever quarter, I have a few things to teach you about customer service. Good customers are based on the service, knowledge, your attitude towards the customer. If I have a customer in my store, its up to me and my employees to make sure that the customers experience is one that they will talk about in a good way and that they will come back. So, when you call customers idiots, jerks, ###, rude, abusive, that is your first mistake. I suggest to you, if you think at the end of the day that it's always the customer's fault, then look for another job. I never went after a single rep and I do understand that I will get somebody like you once and awhile that is hates there job, life, and frankly doesn't care about the company, but there are a few good ones. You are one of those people that wakes up in the morning and think it's everybody else' s fault that you are a loser. You must be miserable person, if you can call somebody those things and you have no idea who I am. OK That's all the time I will waste on you. Go get another job! Trash collectors make a good pay.
    Now for everybody else, this is a perfect example who you don't want to talk to. Do yourself a favor and hang up and call back there are a handful of great reps that know what there talking about and generally try to make you happy. My complaints is about the company and it's polices that lead to customer service, just like many other company's, you have to do research about the non-advertised and like realist states the fine print because they will never tell you.
    Look around and see what it would cost to add rooms in the future after the promotion. Ask around and see about the contracts and the early termination fees. Be very careful and question your equipment and costs when you have the installer come in. ( if they show up on time) The installers are sub-contractors that get paid by the job and installations. Double check all promotion deals like NFL ticket. The funniest thing about this one is after the football season was over I called to cancel the NFL ticket and I couldn't. They said I had to wait until next season to cancel it and if I didn't they would automatically charge me. My common response was why can't I cancel it now, so if I forget I will not be charged. No response, part of policy.
    Again provide me with a good service and I and many others will stay. If you think or you are scared of people leaving after all the promotion deals end then I have a great idea for you. Don't treat new customers better then paying customers. Get rid of the sign on promotions and start giving away customer appreciation promotions. Like if you stay with us for two years we will provide HBO for three months or give you one months free. Everybody is worrying about getting new customers but they don't care about losing customers. Keep hiring people like realist and your company will go to ###.

realist Jun 11, 2009

First of all "kind sir" good customer service is a lost art, because GOOD CUSTOMERS are a lost race! You seem like a real jerk and I can see why someone may not treat you so well, sounds like you desearve it really. And I am going to have to call ### on the "if you provide me with good service I wont leave you" Because you sound like someone who will only stay for the interdution rates and then leave. That is of course, unless, using your words you try and use leverage of leaving to try and get a discount. Face it customers like you are idiots, and definately not always right. You are just rude and abusive to people to try and get what you want, when face it, thats not available. If you dont want a commitment with companies ask them how to OWN the equipment, this may be MUCH more expensive, but at least you wont have to be in a commitment. All companies should have an option to own, this does not mean you will get out of the monthly fees on the equipment, it just means you waive all warrenties and repairs that they may do. But hey at least you wont have to send it back right? And the hidden fees?? they probably really arent that hidden you just dont pay attention to the fine print or whatever else. You sound like someone who only hears what they want and deregards the rest. You also seem set in your ways. IF YOU WANT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE WAKE UP, YOU KNOW THE GOLDEN RULE 'TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED'