Direct Energyfalse account

C

This ongoing battle since Dec/07 has to do with a "account" we have with Direct Energy. Not ever in my wildest dreams would I do that. Having heard the horror stories to date. But there it was. My wife was in the hospital and I opened the hydro bill to see we were being supplied hydro from them. I called and after about 5 months they decided since they could not find a phone conversation, fax, email, signed contract or the like that they'd be happy to cancel our "account" ( oh so nice of them) also refund monies paid to them. Well they called telling me the cheque for around$400.00 "should be ready to FedEx soon". I told them to keep their cheque and send me the amount I paid of almost $1.300.00. They explained in canceling a account they have to factor in rates, surcharges, etc... and that the amount they figured was indeed right. I told them "YOU ARE NOT CANCELING A ACCOUNT BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME THERE WAS A BIG MISTAKE AND WE SHOULD NOT OF BEEN ON YOUR SYSTEM!!! SO, I UNDERSTAND THAT THE POOR SAP THAT FALLS FOR YOUR SCREAM WOULD HAVE TO PAY A "CANCELLATION CHARGE" AND WHATEVER ELSE, BUT I'M NOT IN A POSITION NOR WILL I ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN WHAT I PAID, ANY FEES OR WHATEVER WILL HAVE TO COME OUT OF YOUR POCKET"

It seems just when you think you've heard it all...

• Fe
    Fer1 Apr 11, 2015

Direct Energy file number: [protected] (they are charging me for a water tank that I never had)
    So, I purchased my house on May 2012. I paid my Enbridge/Direct Energy bills until recently (Feb 2015) when I noticed a leak in boiling room. I called Direct Energy and as soon as their technician opened the boiler room door, he said, this tank is not for Direct Energy; it is for another company and it has been changed in 2011 (one year before I purchased the house). I told him, so why does Direct Energy charge me every month? He advised me to call Direct Energy Billing. A representative asked me to provide her with ROM (return of tank) form. I called the other company who had switched the tank; they said they cannot locate ROM form. I called back to Direct Energy and after clarifying that this has nothing to do with me since I have never had Direct Energy tank in my house when I purchased it, a representative asked me to send him the document that shows the purchase date of the house so that they refund the payments made over last 3 years. I emailed the title of my house last week. I followed up this week; they said in the system it shows I need to provide ROM form. So, I had to start over the loop; I asked her that I needed to talk to a supervisor. After a few more calls I could talk to a supervisor. I asked supervisor to provide me with a document that shows I am responsible for a tank that I have never had OR refund my payments. He said he cannot do anything; and my options are to buyout the tank (~$450) or pay monthly rents for the tank that I have never had when I purchased the house. Please note that there is nothing in the title of my house or purchase agreement about their water tank and I have never received anything (like renew form, terms and conditions, etc) from them and never signed anything with them. I said I will file a consumer complaint with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, Better Business Bureau, etc, and spread the story to internet and news and see you in the court.

Chris Aug 21, 2008

Last week I found out that someone stole my identity when I recieved a letter from a collecting agency stating that I owed money for an account with Wachovia that I didn't set up. When I checked my credit report I discovered that someone had also set up an account in my name with Direct Energy without my knowledge and racked up a bill of $723. I live in a state, California, that Direct Energy doesn't even service. I tried to contact someone at Direct Energy with pitiful results. Some of the phone numbers that are listed on their website are out of service. When I am able to contact someone they are clueless and often transfer me to someone even more clueless and often to a number that is out of service. I spent about 2 hours the other day calling and getting transfered. I have tried 9 different phone numbers with zero results. I have never come across a more ridiculous company in my entire life.

Anand Aug 13, 2008

To whom it may concern:

I am having a really tough time with this Direct Energy they don't take NO for an answer, They sent me a letter from Collection Group of Canada Inc., telling me I am owing them $820.00 for a delinquent account. I never signed a contract with them nor have I received any services from them. If I don't pay they are going to screw with my perfect credit rating. Why does the government let these liars continue to do business. FALSE ACCOUNT, Now they are constantly calling my house for Gas services I keep telling them NO but they keep calling, what can I do to get rid of these liars and cheats from Direct Energy.