Diamonds Internationalbeware of diamonds international!

I purchased a set of diamonds studs on 1/20/07 from di's cozumel, mexico store at avenida rafael e. Melgar #131. The purchase price was $1,500.00 usd. When I got home I decided that I would like to upgrade the quality of my diamonds. The back of the original sales receipt clearly states that "you may receive a store credit on any jewelry purchased by you within 30 days of your purchase provided you return to di and ti the original receipt for the item purchased along with the item in its original condition".

I contacted di customer service in nyc and spoke to joan m. To inform her that I would like to return the studs for store credit, to be used against the purchase of my upgraded studs via di's online store.

On 1/29/07 joan faxed me a claim form. I completed the form, returned it to joan, and on 1/31/07 I received back from joan rma# cz-91-01-a3107. On 1/31/07 I sent the original diamond studs and original sales ticket, appraisal, and credit card receipts back to joan via usps registered mail tracking number ra460607023us. The package was received at di on 2/6/07 as per the usps.

On 2/7/07 joan called me and left me a message stating that she would not process my store credit unless I provided her with an "egl certificate" on the stones I had returned. This "egl certificate" was never provided to me by the di cozumel sales staff when I made my original purchase, was never requested from me previously by joan, and is not listed as a requirement in any of joans return/shipping instructions. Furthermore, as per di's own website, the new pair of upgraded studs that I intend to purchase only comes with a "replacement value appraisal"... Not an egl certificate, which helps prove my suspicion that egl certificates are not part of di's standard operating practice and that joan is using the certificate as an excuse to rip me off.

Mark Hammervold Feb 18, 2020

I am a consumer lawyer representing a consumer client in litigation against Diamonds International. You can read about the lawsuit here: http://hammervoldlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/1.pdf

• Fa
    Fake crap Feb 03, 2020

Purchased it in Sept 2019. Came home got appraisal and it appraised for much much less then paid. Contacted DI within the 30 days and have been fighting with them since. They will take the bracelet back but we still need to pay the monthly payment for it. What a bunch of crap. Everytime I call I get the same person. And cant get anywhere with her.

Mark Hammervold Feb 18, 2020

@Fake crap I am a lawyer that's helping customers take on Diamonds International and get their money back. My name is Mark Hammervold.

James Meleker Dec 11, 2019

WARNING TO ALL POTENTIAL DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! 10/31/2019 Royal Caribbean Cruise, port Costa Mayo, MX, I purchased a ring, tennis bracelet and a few other items. When I returned from my trip, I had the items checked out by a certified gemologist. They are very misleading and questionable at best. There are plenty of reputable diamond sellers out there do not be taken by these crooks.

THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT!!! AGAIN DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!!!

DunnL Jan 13, 2020

@James Meleker Too late. Made big mistake November 1, 2019 in Cozumel & I wasn’t even shopping

gma.papa Nov 30, 2019

Gems
    The tenants of God’s Throne are Justice and Righteousness. The symbolism of Gods Throne are Jewels.
    To the truly blessed Jeweler who loves Rocks for their reflective nature, their feel, their sound, and the nature of the spirit echoes of heaven that they reflect, just holding or wearing one of these magnificent glorious creations of God on Earth, is a cathartic experience, and of course we want more.

The responsibility of the Jeweler is to look past the economics of the stone, into personal responsibility of Justice and Righteousness. Knowing that they hold the standard of God’s throne in the presence of His people.

To violate this principle for the purposes of personal gain, is the darkness of this age.

We Rock lovers will always move into the indescribable joy of surrounding ourselves with the beauty of Rocks. Yes it resonates with our desires to be Priest and Kings and lead by design as God rules.

There is plenty of room in all of this for corruption. Let God hold those accountable who defame His Throne, through deception for the purposes of personal gain.

God help us overcome the corrupt jewelers who have created their own thrones, instead of bringing Glory to God Most High.

If you can’t trust your Jeweler, then they should not be Jewelers there is no righteousness in them.

Let this be the Word of the Lord for those who have ears to hear and Let God reign on earth with Justice and Righteousness without wavering for the purposes of Kingdom Building and Bringing all Glory to God. Let the knowledge of the Glory of the Lord fill the earth and the waters cover the seas.

In Christ Jesus we pray.

• Al
    Aly99 Apr 15, 2019

Hello everybody, Just sharing my disappointment and frustration on this issue. Like many of your, my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary took a Cruise with Carnaval. The host of this company was very convincing polite and work hard to pursue his objective. We purchase a diamond at Puerto Vallarta. Two stone diamonds call the Crown of light for earrings studs. It is unbelievable how everybody works in combination to make the deal. From the guy on the Ship, the sales rep at Puerto Vallarta and the group in New York. Our purchase 28, 000.
    We have tried everything, cancel and they didn't want to do anything. The last call I did they suggest to get an appraisal to show that the price was real, they even send me a reference to appraise my diamonds near my location. I made an appointment and took my diamonds. Everything was going fine. The appraiser was done and the value of the diamond was around $15, 000. I was so happy now I have a document to back me up on my complaint. Before I leave the appraise place I was called to go back, and I explained that they can not give me the document anymore. I ask why. what happens was Diamond International has sent an email to the appraisal place with details and the price they have charged to us. Now I'm convinced that these people are stilling on my face and manipulated the whole deal. How starving they are? The appraisal rep didn't want to talk to me anymore either return my calls. I guess they may feel intimidating on this matter.
    Now my questions, have anybody has opened a legal suit on them? I will happy to join you. The only thing I have done in sent my complaint to BBB, and looking for a Jewelry Attorney, to find out is a have a case to fight back.

john305786 Sep 29, 2019

@Aly99 You can email NBC News or your local NBC news.. They have helped many people by exposing the SCAM that Diamonds International is

gma.papa Nov 27, 2019

@john305786 Are they really going to listen to just 1 more person, any suggestions or thoughts on developing a group?

John Kirsch Dec 12, 2018

I ordered a Hublot watch in Alaska in August. It arrived today. It is not exacting like the watch that was shown to me in Alaska. I can send pictures of what was shown and what arrived. What are my options?

gma.papa Nov 27, 2019

@John Kirsch Our Banking is US, Our Credit Cards are US and they are Based in New York, we need to be protected.

• Je
    jennkowood Nov 13, 2018

I purchased a $500 ring that was supposed to be white gold with diamonds. Went to a friend who owns a pawn shop and he said it was worth like $5!! Not real, not gold. They said it was only silver and the diamonds and Amethyst is fake. The ring is worth nothing. I paid $500 big ones!!!

Janetjones77 Nov 12, 2018

I purchased a 1..59 carat diamond from noble house jewelry ltd in overland park kansas on june 2008. I paid $10, 000.00 for the diamond. I have gotten it reappraised in attempt to sell and have discovered it was grossly upgraded and only worth a third of what it was paid for

• Do
    donnad1960 Nov 05, 2018

We bought a "crown of light" ring on our cruise in cozamel? Two of the diamonds around the band have come out. I am very dissatisfied for how much money we spent on this ring, for the money that we spent this should have never happened. I would like a phone call from someone to help me with what I need to do!!

• Kl
    Klast Sep 06, 2018

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL DIAMONDS/TANZANITE INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT!! PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! I purchased a ring, tennis bracelet and earrings. When I returned from my trip, I had the items checked out by a certified gemologist. The ring had a loose stone in the head; the earrings had an incomplete basket and did not have a full bar and one was not drilled through; and the bracelet had 8 loose stones, 4 chipped stones, a bent prong, and due to the soft metal, would probably need continual maintenance.

They have been very unwilling to work with me on a refund.

THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT!!! AGAIN DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!!!

gma.papa Nov 27, 2019

@Klast Unfortunately I didn't see all of these complaints prior to my purchase.

• Et
    Etaquilter4 Jul 04, 2017

We too have been taken by Diamonds International through Royal Caribbean. They work in cahoots with each other and the cruise shoppers to share percentages of the sales. I found this out after I found out that I had been overcharged three times more than what the COL Diamond was worth. When you find out how badly they lied to you and overcharged you, they tell you to read the back of the contract where it says no refunds, only store credit. Now we know their crooks and scam us, and they expect us to exchange it for another piece of overpriced, inferior jewelry. I don't think so. I'm trying to get a refund, but there is serious doubt because of the wording on the contract. Notice that they don't ask you to read the contract before you purchase. They want the sale. If you did that you could change your mind. They only bring up the contract when you tell them you want your money back. The cruise is as much at fault as they are for promoting DI with such a bad reputation. Do you know they have an F rating with BBB? This should be illegal because it is criminal. Where is the consumer's protection. They are lying to us and stealing our money and laugh at us. This really makes me sick. I've been taken to the tune of $29, 000 by these crooks. Stay away friends.
    Y

• Ap
    April Vanderfield May 21, 2017

This is a rip off company. They wine and dine you and Carnival supports them give them office space and stage time. They are at best in cahoots with these robbers. You go on vacation to relax and they dump you on an island that rips you off for your hard earned cash. And they tell you they guarantee your purchase to be worth more than what you paid when in it is actually worth 1/4 of what you paid for it. And you believe these liars.
    I agree NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING CARNIVAL is associated with. It is over priced over valued and not worth but 1/4 the value of the product they are trying to get you to buy with their fancy foot work and their lies and deceit. I will never do anything with Carnival Cruise Line as long as i live. They took me for 5000 but once I will never do anything with them again. And I am posting this and other info to every web page i can find.
    I will also ask the government to investigate them and the companies associated with them. Liars and thieves the bunch of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were serving dog and cat food to us on the ships.

gma.papa Nov 27, 2019

@April Vanderfield The cruise ships must also be accountable. Liars even if it is Norwegian or any of the others they are paid by PPI to promote fraudulent scams like Diamonds International.

• Pa
    Patty Glascock Nyitrai Jan 25, 2017

Dear FB Friends, I need your help! In November 2016 Steve and I made a once in a lifetime purchase of a 3 carat diamond ring for our 25th Wedding Anniversary while on a cruise in the Bahamas. We bought a 3 carat marquise diamond engagement ring and a diamond wedding band from Diamond International. We were assured that the ring would appraise for what we paid for it, if not more. When we returned to the states we had the rings appraised and to our HORROR found out that the ring was worth almost $7, 000 less than what we paid for it and the wedding band was “at best” in fair condition because there were 5 diamond loose in the setting. We reached out to the store and to the cruise ship since we used a store that they recommended. AND GUESS WHAT? No one wants to help us now! Diamond International will not take my phone calls and only responds back to emails after we make threats to sue. I am now on a campaign to get the word out on Diamond’s International and Carnival Cruise Lines. The cruise shopper Yolandi was with us every step of the way in the process of our purchase. She even went into the back of the store to call the owner in New York to get us the “best price” for our ring. But now the cruise line will not work with us either. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE! I have a ring that I can’t wear because I can’t get it insured for what I owe on it. NEVER EVER shop at Diamond International!!! AND NEVER believe Carnival Cruise Line when they tell you what store to shop at because they will not support you or assist when a problem arises. PLEASE POST ON YOUR TIME LINE AND FRIENDS TO POST ON THEIRS TOO!!!

• Pa
    Patty Glascock Nyitrai Jan 25, 2017

gma.papa Nov 27, 2019

@Patty Glascock Nyitrai I just opened up a fb page to address this fraud. We must band together to hold them accountable. [email protected] is my email

• Re
    rebar Aug 10, 2016

My wife and I got caught in the same Diamond internation's snares and lies. Diamond international sold us some jewelries with the notion that their jewelries were price worthy and will be worth even more in the near future. So, we were so excited, we went on and purchased their jewelries, when when we came to States, we went to one of the top Jewelries stores to re-appraise the diamond international jewelries, came to find out that their jewelries were worthless. So, since we were in between our 30 days, we called them, asked that we want to returned their jewelries.. oh boy those people turned us back in forth, refused our demand. They made a deal with us of $1, 500 plus a gift certificate, and for us to pay the rest of the money. We said no because, we did not believe them, second we did not want to deal with them anymore after all these frauds. Now, they messed up my excellent credit, and send me dept collectors.

gma.papa Nov 27, 2019

@rebar I did everything to get an RMA within the first 10 days then the bank colluded with Diamonds International to stall us until the 30 days were up. Lies all Lies.

@gma.papa Did u get a RMA? I need it now

gma.papa Jan 27, 2020

@DunnL sorry for the delay, I posted my email address so that you can contact me.

DunnL Jan 27, 2020

@gma.papa Sorry where is it?

DunnL Jan 28, 2020

@gma.papa Where is your email?

gma.papa Jan 31, 2020

@DunnL I sent you a private message, that included my phone number

DunnL Jan 31, 2020

@gma.papa Yes, I believe I got it. Sorry I’ve been busy. I was dealing with some of my mess today, but I will call you soon. Hope things are well. Thanks so much for giving to me. We’ll talk about situations.
    Linda

• Ta
    Tanya Footman Jun 17, 2016

Hello, I hope that someone can help me. I just returned from a Carnival cruise to Grand Turk and like many of you was prompted to purchase jewelry from DI as the cruise line promoted it. I purchased a Crown of Light ring for $2950.00. When I reached home, I quickly had it appraised since I was assured that it would value more from the sales rep. To my dismay, the ring was appraised for $600.00 by two independent appraisers. I feel sick as this is a major purchase to me and something I wanted to purchase for myself as sort of a gift. I never spend this kind of money on myself, but felt that I should treat myself. No DI, Carnival and the finance company will not assist in returning the ring and canceling the contract. I have not even had the ring a week and refuse to wear it. The cruise lines should be held liable for running a scam such as this. I know no one put a gun to my head, but I did trust the cruise reps. If anyone can help me, I would surely appreciate and will never, ever do anything like this again!

• Lo
    Lorrrie Dec 14, 2015

Scammed also on size of tanzanite in a ring. We returned home and too it to jeweler sand he said no way. After numerous phone calls and shipping it to New York they finally took it back because it stated wrong weight on my deceit. Buyers beware !! I did get a store credit rather then the return of my money, but we would have rather spent our money anywhere else. Avoid that place to buy .

• Mi
    Mike W1953 Sep 21, 2015

I was a case where unethical and psychological abuse was used by 4 salesman including the head store manager in Juneau Alaska where after being pressured by the unethical salesmen I walked out of the store a completely psychologically beaten man with jewelry I didn't want. I spoke with the managers at Katchekan and Skagway Alaska where in Skagway the manager called customer service in New York and I was guaranteed a full refund which turned out to be a lie. Diamonds International is a company built on unethical business practice with their only intent being to make money not to serve the public. I will never again enter an Diamond's International Store for the rest of my life. I have also advised Diamond's International that I have no intention of paying for the jewelry and will file under the fair lending act with the credit bureaus complaining of unfair tactics to make a sale. Diamond's International can either take back the jewelry of make a donation to me for unethical sales techniques.

• Mi
    Michael S. Walter, Ph.D. Aug 04, 2015

Diamond's International is an unethical institution that need to be driven out of business. Their guarantees are worthless an their refusal to take back merchandise that was purchased by sales personnel that used psychological manipulations to gain a sale. I recommend that all jewelry shoppers avoid entering Diamond's International.

• Fl
    flochow Oct 07, 2014

I purchased a Movado Watch from Diamonds International in Costa Rica in July 2014, while on a cruise. I put the watch on that night to go to Dinner, and realized, after dinner, that the watch was not working. Because there are no stores available, I sent the watch back to their corporate office in New York, requesting a refund. They informed me that they do not give refunds and I need to contact the manufacturer, because the watch has a warranty. I did not purchase a used or refurbished watch. I purchased a brand new watch that was represented to be in working condition. I did not get what I paid for.
    This company is a rip off. Their merchandise is overpriced, their customer service sucks, and they do not give a damn about the consumer..You will have to take legal action to get any results from them.

• Ji
    jim hall sr. Sep 21, 2014

we purchased a $849 ring with a crown of light diamond in it that they were promoting on the carnival cruise. a year later on another cruise, we took the ring back to sell it to them, to upgrade my wifes enguagement ring stone. they told us we had to spend a minimum of over double the value of the ring to do an upgrade, which we were not told about. but was shown in the fine print on the back of the reciept. we were not told of this by carnival cruises, they said only we could use the value of the purchase towards the upgrade, nothing about having to spend more than double to get it. the diamond market has dropped, we have tried to sell the ring, and was told we would be lucky to get 1/4 of it's face value, even though it has been appraised at the sale price as good.

• Ti
    TinyCharly Sep 17, 2014

While on a cruise to Alaska i was over whelmed by the beauty of the Crown of light diamond ring, the next day I tried to return it to be told I could not because of Customs ( please I'm not stupid we are in the US ). Anyway be careful go anywhere but into a Diamond International store ...

marjess Jun 24, 2014

i
    my boyfriend & i were on vacation in grand cayman island when he decided to propose. we looked at engagement rings at the diamonds international & compared several. we thought it over & selected a beautiful diamond ring that makes me very happy even though upon returning home & having it appraised professionally it's actual value was $2, 000 less than what we paid. we were not pleased at all however the diamond is what it says it is on the e.g.l. paperwork. as with any major purchase we should all be careful & do the research first. diamonds international definitely overcharged us & i will not rush in to purchase from them again however my ring is stunning & my vacation memories are priceless...my future husband may feel a bit more resentful...this can happen anywhere with any large purchase

• Cj
    cjsrn1 May 27, 2014

Bought tanzanite ring from Tanzanite International-will have ring appraised but am sure it will not appraise for what it said. However, friend also made a "deal" for a ring and earrings. Salesman boss was clearly upset with deal he made with her. The day after we left St. Maarten, she went to the pool and where they "sized" her ring(all the way up to the setting), it tarnished. She then went to the customer service on the ship to make a complaint and talk with the "ship shopper" and of course she was not available. They told my friend to make a copy of receipt and they would start a complaint. She had never made a purchase like that and then to have this happen was devastating. The cruise line(Royal Caribbean) and Tanzanite/Diamonds International should be ashamed of themselves about ripping people off of their hard earned money.

Mary Minnehan Apr 04, 2014

I purchased a 2 carat stone from DI in 2012. I had it set in my setting and it was delivered to me. I paid $18, 850 for the stone. I looked at the diamond very carefully and remember the clerk telling me why should you pay more for the other 2 carat I was looking at when you can't see any flaws in this one! When I had it appraised at my family run jewelry store the stone was worth $13, 000. You can see 4 flaws with the naked eye. I believe the stone was switched before it was set in my setting. Never buy from Diamonds International!! The color and clarity are poor quality. What a rip off!!

No return policy - scams Feb 15, 2014

I agree with the previous complain. I bought a ring in February, 2014, and I got home find out that the ring prongs snag my clothes. They would not allow me to return the ring. They don't have a return policy. They are scams and the cruise ship, royal Caribbean is backing this company. I will never buy anything from them again. They are scammers. They say they will fix the prongs, but I am not sure what they will do. I don't trust them. Stay away...

• Sc
    Scott Lev Feb 05, 2014

My wife and I were taken by this company (Diamonds International) as well. We purchased a ring for $17k and the ring irritated my wife's finger. At the time of purchase (Jan.2014) we were told by the sales clerk that it was pure 14k gold and she assured us that we would not have an allergic reaction because we did advise her that my wife suffers from sensitive skin. We went ahead and made the purchase based on the cruise line's recommendation (Royal Caribbean) and felt comfortable with the decision. Now Royal Caribbean wants nothing to do with this and Diamonds International is not willing to return my $17, 000. They are offering to remake the ring in Platinum (which I am confident they will return me inferior quality stones) or they are offering a $17, 000 store credit!!! Really??????? These are nothing but common thieves and I caution everyone to stay far away from this company. My credit card company is getting my money back because of false representation but, you shouldn't have to go through the trouble!!! STAY AWAY!!!

AnthonyVee Dec 16, 2013

NEVER, NEVER, EVER buy Tanzanite Stones from Diamonds International. They are worthless. My wife and I were suckered into buying a small stone on one island and then upgrading the size of the stone on another island. We were duped into believing this was a great deal and investment by the Cruise Ship's Entertainment Director who gave presentation after presentation on how good a deal this was. He was even inside the Diamonds International Store when we arrived. What a scam. We paid $44, 000 - that's right 44 thousand American Dollars for a stone they said was worth a lot more, only to find out the stone was worth $7500. What a disaster. They will not take the stone back. They are a terrible company and I am doing everything I can to let the world know about their tactics. They flat out robbed us!!!

Marco1tx Nov 14, 2013

Overf the last 3-4 yrs I have made purchases from DI in both Cozumel and Grand Cayman at prices ranging from $1, 500 to $8, 500. Back home all the pieces have appraised for considerably more than I paid from them - one item was valued at triple the purchase price. Reading all the posts on this site, I guess the important thing is to negotiate the best possible deal and only buy an item if you really love it and are hapoy with the price you pay.

• Ro
    RochelleLynn Dec 31, 2012

I purchased a 6.70 caret Tanzanite bracelet from Di In Cozemel. The bracelet I saw before it was wrapped and boxed was medium blue in color to light blue. Once I got back on the ship and opened the box, It was light, light blue to voilet in color which is a lessor valued stone color in tanzanite.While in the store, I had asked for the email address of the store manager to check with him on another purchase. I emailed him and have received no answer. I am in the process now of trying to get a replacement item. Any suggestions for who to contact and how to go about it other than the obvious.

• Di
    DiZE Nov 25, 2012

Do not listen to the cruise staff who direct you to "acceptable and vetted" retails stores. I bought 2 Movado watches at DI in Cabo this past October, and found VERY similar watches at my local big box store for $150 less, each watch. I would not recommend any buy anything at the DI stores, nor would I recommend listening to the cruise staff.

• Di
    Disappointed Crusier Aug 04, 2012

My husband and I also purchased a diamond three stone ring from Diamonds International on our Carnival Cruise to Cozumel. The ring was $8700 and once home I decided to return the ring. On the website it clearly states that 30 days is permitted for refunds or exchanges. I notified them 20 days after the purchase to be told a week later an exchange was my only option only after I mailed it back to them. If they will rip you off by only offering an exchange in 20 days what other games would they play once they had possession of the ring? I kept the ring since it seemed to be my only option but beware! Only by your jewelry from local jewelers with a good reputation and not a company that has shady business practices.

• Hr
    HR37 Apr 17, 2011

We purchased a diamond ring at Diamonds International and after returning home and having it appraised we found out that insterad of a color H it was a J. I hae asked for a refund, but they say they are looking for a replacement stone. Does anyone have any tips of how to get the refund that is guarnateed on the back of their receipt? We did not sign the guarantee and no one explained it to us while we were there. however, it doesn't seem that they want to comply with their own guarantee. If anyone has any tips, I would apprecite hearing them.

• Jc
    jcc1837 Sep 23, 2010

Unfortuneately I checked all good judgement at the door of this company and also fell prey to the misrepresentation made by the cruise lines shopping assistant. Any reputable company does not have to have all the ridiculous terms and conditions for refunding which tells me they know they are crooks and are covering their behind! My appraiser calls them "genious" for coming up with it and they certainly have done their homework.

gma.papa Nov 27, 2019

@jcc1837 If you can't trust your Jeweler, then don't buy. I fell for it and am not happy.

DunnL Jan 13, 2020

@gma.papa I did too & wasn’t even shopping. Now I’m stuck with almost 6, 000 debt. I live off 2, 000/month

• St
    stephen199 Jun 07, 2010

HELLO.MY FRIENDS PARENTS JUST WERE RIPPED OF 20, 000$YES THATS RIGHT!I HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS COMPANY.DOES ANYONE WANNA JOIN TOGETHER AND BRING A CAASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM.IT WILL BE HARD BUT IF YOU DONT GIVE UP YOU WILL WIN.MY NAME IS STEPHEN.EMAIL ME AT [email protected], MY FRIENDS PARENTS ARE FIRST GENERATION AMERICANS AND WERE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY THIS COMPANY WHILE THEY WERE ON A CRUISE VACATION THUS RUINING THE SECOND FAMILY VACATION THEY HAVE EVER HAD.

• Ki
    Kingdiamonds Jan 14, 2010

My husband and I returned from a wonderful trip to Cozumel, and purchased a beautiful ring there. It is in the shape of a snowflake, with a Blue Diamond in the center with smaller white ones surrounding it. I have had many compliments on the color, clarity, etc. After returning home, I took my ring to my family jeweler and had it appraised, and looked over. The ring is a definite investment, the stones were impeccable, and the gold was high grade! My experience was a plus in my book! The service there was awesome, and I feel for what I paid, and what it appraised, I came out ahead. I will definitely do a return visit when I'm there!

gma.papa Nov 27, 2019

@Kingdiamonds If you got out alive then you should just be thankful, but be warned, and do not trust.

• Ol
    OldPine Nov 21, 2009

It's still going on. St. Maarten location, overpromising, undergrading, overcharging. Our battle is just beginning.

• Mo
    Monica<3 Nov 08, 2009

Notice there are no complaints about Diamonds Internationals Key West or Alaska locations, but all from the caribbean?

@Monica<3 That's because they are Pirates

• Te
    teeder27 Aug 13, 2009

I just got back from a Royal Caribbean cruise in which I had stopped into the Diamonds International location in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. I purchased a men's Titanium Bracelet and was assured that I was getting the lowest price possible. I negotiated with them for an hour and felt satisfied that I did ok, so I purchased it. I get home to the states and check the DI website, only to find out that what I had purchased, exact item, was $400 cheaper online. I have opened a complaint file with DI and am waiting for them to reply back with what they are going to do to rectify the situation. I have also informed Royal Caribbean about this issue, and to my surprise, the rep told me that there have been many other issues with DI lately- It would have been nice to know that before I went in there and spent my money. DI has also tried to run multiple transactions on my credit card for the original purchase, some in different countries. Luckily my credit card company has put a fraud alert on that card and stopped all purchases from going through. This is the first, last and only time that I will ever deal with Diamonds International!

• Pj
    pjbtulsa Apr 13, 2009

I am looking for anyone and everyone who would be interested in joining me in a class action lawsuit against Diamonds International. You may contact me @ [email protected]

Pam

• Ke
    Kelvin KOCH Jul 28, 2019

@pjbtulsa Pam, we also purchased DI jewelry that was appraised well under what we purchased it for. They are definitely scammers. Please let us know how we can join a class action lawsuit! Thanks. Kelvin