Denny'sracism

V Review updated:

On 6/19/09 at 8:00am I entered this Denny's by the airport in Jacksonville. We were sat in waitress Terry's section. She seemed upset that we were sat in her section. My wife and I are African American. Terry did not greet us but made a point of walking to the person who sat us to let her know it was not her turn to take a table. After about 7 minutes, we still had not been waited on. A White couple walked in and Terry sprung into action, bypassing the hostess to sit the White couple in her section. Terry was very personable and friendly to this couple. After another 2-3 minutes, Terry took their drink order and food order. She then, in a very unfriendly tone asked me and my spouse "What are you having". No Hello Welcome to Denny's, no nothing. We waited for service and didn't get anything but a waitress with an attitude who doesn't appreciate waiting on minority customers. When I asked for a manager, I was told that the manager was at the bank and not available. After all the lawsuits that Denny's has had, they have obviously not learned their lesson. Well I've learned mine and I will not be caught dead at any Denny's in northeast Florida. In the year 2009 any thing is possible, but waitresses picking and choosing their customers is abhorrent and reeks of a company culture from top to bottom. Denny's is an embarrassment to "Family" restaurants everywhere.

Annette Mckissick Apr 22, 2019

Denny's is racist. I notice that they always serve my white friends first. They forget to bring me utensils, water and straw. I had to ask for them, and when they came she handed them to the white person. Damn

• Bw
    bweef Sep 21, 2013

That Denny's turned around since then but I might have been proven wrong with the last visit near the jax airport. Nothing racist but our server looked at my friend and said "daaayumn son you high!" He wasn't and it was truly humiliating. Then I got my Cali Jack Burger and noticed no avocado. I told the server and he's all "Lift the bun" so I lifted it and then he's like "Lift the meat" and I did like an idiot and he says "Lift the lettuce" and I'm like wtf? This Denny's has great servers but also some of the worst I've ever seen. You have to be lucky to get the right ones.

• Bi
    Bishinik Jul 26, 2013

I live Arizona and I have been treated as a second class customer at the Denny's on I-10 and Irvington. They don't want Indians in their store. They forgot my juice but, I could get it to go, don't to drink there.

• 1h
    1HVT797 Oct 22, 2012

You get what you pay for.

• Ti
    Tim K. Mar 03, 2010

This Denny's is off of I-10 coming in from AZ to CA. at the Lovkin exit. It never has enough help and service is very slow. It is an old Denny's that's not very clean. Dinner menu is mediocre and they are always out of many items.