Having problems with David's Bridal?

David's Bridal reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 15, 2007. The latest review Dress was posted on Jun 13, 2021. The latest complaint Services was resolved on Aug 19, 2014. David's Bridal has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 106 reviews. David's Bridal has resolved 50 complaints.

David's Bridal Customer Service Contacts

1001 Washington Street
Durham, North Carolina
United States - 19428

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with David's Bridal Customer Service. Initial David's Bridal complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for David's Bridal above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about David's Bridal. Discuss the issues you have had with David's Bridal and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

David's Bridal Complaints & Reviews

David's Bridal — Rude service!

I went to David's Bridal about a week ago. This was my first time in the store and probably my last. I...

David's BridalPoor service!

We bought our dresses early so as not to have that last minute oh no happen... it was so bad. To start with they altered one of the 3 bridesmaids dresses. There was a twist in the ribbing but we were told it would be fixed with the alteration. The alterations were more than the dresses... the bustle that we discussed was not the bustle they did. After 2 fittings they decided that they couldn't fix the bridesmaids dress so they had to change her style and color so that she didn't even match the other two girls. It came in a week before the wedding-it was horrible!!! It was smaller cut across the bust then the size smaller they had her try before ordering this one. The gal's didn't care what they were putting her in for a church wedding by anymeans. My daughter finally told them if I walk into the church with that my Dad is gonna shoot me-the response was he'll get over it... Luckily I got a refund on the dress-unheard of I know. I had a friend who called the manager and threatened to come in the store in 20 minutes screaming. Told her she knew the store was crowded and if I didn't have a refund in 5 minutes she'd be in the store in 20 minutes. I wish I could say the bad ended there-NOT!!! Before our bride made it from the dressing room to the church the hook and eye at the top of the zipper broke. At the reception the beads started popping off and before the first dance the bustle that we paid so much to have done broke!!! I read a comment earlier about the heaviness of the materials-they are right they are very heavy-but a professional would recommend a dress that didn't have to be bustled because of the weight!!! The price was cheaper than most places-but the price of stress is high. My bridesmaid (actually maid of honor) that ended up with no dress the week before the wedding was fortunate enough to find a dress at JCPenney normally 200.00 on sale for 19.99!!! She hated the dress,but at 19.99 toss it when the wedding is over. I warn everyone to be ware of David's Bridal and the Men's Warehouse...

• Pi
      piere Oct 30, 2015

Why ifni buying a dress for a bridal store and people with dirty hands touching this brital dress that dress is going to be in my body and all and plus this people come with food trying to touch the dresses this is disgusting will never get my dresss there

• Sw
      sweetyd99 Mar 06, 2011

I am really confused with David's for three reason's 1st was they told me my dress would be back in 16 weeks well tne dress came back in 3 weeks, they also told me my bridesmaid dresses will be back 6-8 weeks well as they purchase the dresses they are being told 15-16 weeks also. Please make your minds up. My dress came back in 3 weeks and noone rom Davids called to let me know my dress was back they told one of my bridesmaids and I felt like they should have called me like they said when I purchased my dress. And my last thing was I had to pay 10.00 for a david's bag to carry my dress out of the store and I fell like they could have given that to me and all other brides a complimentary bag to hid the dress david's needs to do better.

• Ne
      nelsonclassic Oct 16, 2009

I had a bad experience with David's Bridal Services, when my sister is going to marry.She wanted a
      Themed Weddings.so we ordered her dress around six months before according to the theme, that was beach theme, and two months before when we went to the shop to take a trial of her dress..they scolded us by saying that we have our wedding after 2 months so they will give the dress before three weeks of a wedding date.We requested a lot because we don't have any option left, but they extended it to 4 weeks but not before that, and when they gave her dress, it was a different pattern what she ordered, they said they will charge extra for the changing pattern of her dress, and after that they gave dress before a week of a wedding.That was really a bad bad experience.So we warned all our relatives and friends never go to David Services.

• Wh
      WHAT?!?! Jun 19, 2009

I am a last minute "fill in" bridesmaid and time is of the essence! I contacted the SugarLand location to see what sizes they had avalable and they suggested I call Friendswood because the computer showed the size/color available. I have the package FedEx'd to me last minute. I got the dress and it is too big. I contacted the closest location (SugarLand) to me to run in and exchange for WHATEVER they had that fit. I explained that the wedding is tomorrow, I am headed out of town, and I need to run in and get an exchange... NOT A REFUND. The girl on the phone stated that her manager would not be in until 2 pm and there is no one there to make ANY SOUND CALLS until 2! The girl also stated that she could not do any exchanges because she "would get yelled at"! When I asked the girl to put me on hold and contact her manager via mobile phone, she put me on hold for over 25 minutes! I hung up, called back and they said I would have to call back after 2 pm. When I asked again for immediate contact of the manager via mobile, she said that the manager does not have a mobile phone! ? WHAT?? So needless to say, I am headed out of town for a wedding I am to be in and I am unable to wear my dress ($135) because it is too large and NO ONE AT DAVID'S BRIDAL is willing to help me out! I will definitely keep posting this because I am soooo upset! BRIDES/BRIDE MAIDS TO BE... PLEASE CHOOSE A BRIDAL COMPANY WHO HAS THE PROFESSIONALISM AND CAPABILITY TO STEP IN AND PROBLEM SOLVE WHEN SITUATIONS OCCUR!

Anonymous May 20, 2009

She could have taken it to another alterations person, not at DB. People have had bad experiences with alterations, but that just means to take your alterations needs somewhere else.

• Mr
      Mr_E May 15, 2009

Does not even deserve a star. Think twice before going to any David's Bridal. My fiancé and I looked at a David's Bridal and she found a dress she really liked, but also had a favorite elsewhere. She decided to go with the one at DB because she liked it more AND the extra incentives they throw in. We saved money off of tux's and bridesmaid's dresses by going through DB. BIG MISTAKE! You get what you pay for. Once you give them your money they quit caring. Their customer service is terrible. My fiancé has had to go up there 3 times to fix their mistakes. Every question she had for them: how to bustle, alterations, etc. they treated her like crap with their response. The first associate could not speak a word of English. This made it impossible to show her mom and bridesmaids the proper way to bustle her dress. The manager there is worthless. Each time my fiancé went to get help because the associates were not helpful she ignored her comments and acted like she was invisible. My fiancé requested a specific associate and was promised that associate for the time period of her final fitting. Instead she got a different lady with a short fuse and snippy attitude. She again talked to the manager and received no help. Three times she went up there and three times she almost left in tears. Her dress still needs minor alterations, but my fiancé decided to leave it as is whether than repeating her nightmare experiences again. She does not even want to wear her dress now because the negative experiences she has dealt with through DB. Is it too much to ask that brides receive the attention deserved to them during their dress fitting? Instead all brides are treated like bridezillas regardless of their situation and appointments. Once David's Bridal receives their money, they DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE. Use extreme caution when dealing with any David's Bridal. It may be a deal, but it’s not worth the headache.

M&M's YAY! Jan 23, 2009

Davids Bridal was awful. My maid of honor and I went in to try on bridal and bridesmaid dresses for both of us, because she is engaged too. They were rude and uncaring, because neither of us is getting married immediately. Both of our weddings are over a year away, and they scoldingly told us that whatever we saw today would not be available for us when we needed them. Neither of us wanted to order a dress, we were both looking for IDEAS. Every time we saw something, we were reminded it wouldn't be available. The other lady that was there, I felt so sorry for her!! She was a bridesmaid in another wedding, and she was pregnant, and all the sales lady could tell her was that she might be able to fix the dress to make her look nice. Walking out, both me and my sister left our catalogs on the table, and ran into the door, because we just couldnt get out fast enough. Apparently, the other ladies wouldn't be back either, they looked MAD when they left.

Alfred Angelo was the greatest so far. I'm sure some people have different experiences with different companies, but it seems to me, that we all had the same from David's Bridal.

Sabrina Nov 10, 2008

Honey, I full agree with you on david's bridal. I went in several times to look at dresses for the same reason ya'll did. I didn't want to freak out at the last minute. Trying on dresses was great. I was so excited. This was my second marriage and I didn't get to do this the first time. Also my daughter was going to be in the wedding also. So I didn't just deal with one davids bridal but 2 stores in 2 different states.
      I ended up getting the dress that I tried on cause it would take to long to get a new one in. I found snags in the dress and I agreed to get it cause they told me they could get them all out. My first fitting was ok. It was when I went back in to try it on. The snags were worse then when I picked it out. It wasn't Hemmed the right length. It was to tight and I had not gained a pound, and there were stains all over it. They weren't there when I left it with them. The only reason I can say that is my mother made it a point to look it all over cause I wasn't ordering one. It also looked like someone had slept in it. They couldn't get those out. I watched!!
      At the reception my before I even got into the room. When they were putting up the bustle, the button that hold's it up came off. They had to safety pin my dress that I had already gone through a nightmare with. Paid out the butt for to get just right and the nightmare just wouldn't stop. So then I had a hole in my dress also. Small it might be but still a hole.
      I don't think anyone has ever yelled so loud in the store at these people. I saw some people that had walked in to the yelling stop and listen then walk back out. I get ya'll and know body should have to go through this for the biggest day of your life.

• Re
      Rebecca Aug 28, 2008

I originally went to Davids Bridal for a fitting, because I was ordering on of their online dresses. I noticed that the girl who was doing my measurements did them completely the wrong way. I went elsewhere, and got the correct measurements. If I had followed the sizes she had given me I would have ended up with a dress 2 sizes too big!!!
      I recieved the dress, and the dress was wonderful, I love it, however it was too large around the bust. It is a strapless dress, style BR1000.
      I went in for my alterations appointment, I figured as long as I didn't get the same girl that measured me it couldn't be that bad, right?
      WRONG!
      Reyna, the alterations manager, was the person who was supposed to do alterations on my dress. I put it on, and explained that the bust was too big and needed to be taken in, and she repeatedly argued with me that I didn't want it taken in, what I wanted was a bra with more lift.
      She said "I see you, you keep pulling the dress up there." to which I explained "Yes, because it is too big and keep falling down!"
      She had me try on another bra, and still said that what I wanted was lift, and told me she would take the dress in because it wouldn't give me the lift I wanted!!!
      I left, and took my dress to Bridals by Carol in Northampton - and the wonderful lady there had me try it on, and right away knew what I was tlaking about. She walked in and said "Oh, all you need is for the bust to be taken in 2 inches." AND she was by far cheaper than Davids Bridal!
      Skip Davids Bridal, they are just too much of a headache!

• Pe
      peter corgan May 26, 2008

I was looking at websites under the keyword bridal services ware
      and came across your site complaintsboard.com. I see
      that you're ranked #9 on page 6 in google.

I'm not sure if you're aware of why you're ranked this low but
      more importantly how easily correctable this is.

There's no reason you can't have a top three ranking for this
      keyword based on your site structure and content. You have a
      very nice site.

You need significantly more one way anchor text backlinks.
      If you're interested I can help you with this...

I'm talking about getting you ranked for ALL your keywords.
      Adding new backlinks on a steady and consistent basis from
      high PR quality websites is what produces the rankings you
      are looking for.

The right kind of links are very critical in getting top
      ranking...and I can hand deliver these quality links to you.

My partners and I own 1000's websites and offer private
      linking to hundreds of website owners just like yourself.

I didn't send this email out to thousands of people but I am
      currently reaching out to a list of your 'keyword competitors'
      as well. But you're my favorite and you are the one I really
      favor and the one I see can monetize the targeted website
      traffic this can deliver.

I have your contact info as: phone #[protected]. Is it Ok to
      give you a call?

I have a very simple way to prove that what I do works and it's
      risk free for you to try. Nothing beats seeing the results with
      your own eyes.

Is it ok if I give you a call? I would love to pursue this
      further over the phone with you or should I go somewhere else?

Sincerely,

Jiri Kalvoda
      PrivateLinksBuilder.com

P.S - Can you tell me specifically who to ask for when I call
      and what is their position with the company?

David's BridalPoor customer service in beaverton oregon

David's Bridal was all happy to sell their dress to us. It was all downhill from that point on after spending close to 1000.oo dollars at their store. We were to receive a phone call when dress arrived. Since it was a designer dress, we anticipated a somewhat wait. After not hearing from them for some time, we called and they told us it had been in for at least a month and a half. They checked their records and told us they called us "one time", and we had not answered. Wow. We have a business, and our line is linked to our home as well. We are by our phones 98 percent of the time. Daughter called to make alterations appointment. Girl on phone laughed and giggled whole time, and then stated no appointments were available for time before wedding. We are truly disappointed in their non caring, non professional attitudes, and we will be spreading the word so other people do not have to go through this horrible and dissattisfying experience. They are highly overrated.

• Ar
        arletta Nov 05, 2011

I have a complaint about the customer service at the Beaverton Oregon Davids Bridal. I called wanting to know how late they stay open because I also have 5 bridesmaids that need dresses for my wedding that's 8months away and the first thing the person on the other end says "oh well we are under staffed today and you need to make an appointment and how many girls are you bringing into the store." first of all they would have been just looking and maybe trying on a few, but not buying just yet., so what difference did that make I explained to her every time that I call you people you whine and complain about how much work you have and how understaffed you are!!! I don't care!!! David's Bridal will not be getting my bridesmaids business. I also posted this on their face book site as well.

• St
        statinghowitis Sep 13, 2010

I have a complaint about customers, period. I understand some customer service areas really aren't that great, and I don't know about David's Bridal customer service but I just want to throw out there that customer's need to be responsible on their part too and not have exaggerating expectations of being serviced immediately when some service quite frankly takes time. As a representative who works at a call center and deals with ridiculous people daily, call after call, quite frankly I'm growing more and more disappointed with our society and how materiastic and inhumane its become.

• Gi
        ginger Nov 09, 2008

The store in Chattanooga, Tn has the same problem's as listed above. Poor customer service, belittling and shallow sales associates to say the least.
        As a wedding planner I sent a bride there because of her very very tight budget. Not only that but she's a larger bride in need of a special size dress. From the day she walked in they treated her like she was dirt under their feet. She was humiliated, and tossed around like she was nothing. She allowed them to abuse her because she found the dress of her dreams there and could think of nothing more...but that dress. She tried on their sample dress...it was a size too small, so they ordered a dress 2 sizes up to be safe and allow for alterations. When the dress came in it was smaller on her, than the in-store dress at the first fitting and she had lost 15lbs since the original try on. She was devastated instead of trying to get to the root of the problem, the clerk, and the seamtress just belittled her more.
        She finally broke down on me yesterday during our November update meeting and cried her eyes out...I was crying with her before it was all over with.
        I will personally be visiting this store to speak with the manager and the district manager.

Cheryl Apr 28, 2008

I wish i had seen all of this before i went to David's Bridal. I also went to the Beaverton Oregon store and am disappointed.

I think calling there people "Consultants" is rediculous. All they do is carry the dresses to the dressing room. And, put jewelery, veils and shoes on you to try to get you to buy them. They just want your money and their commision.

I bought my dress in August of 2007. My Matron of Honor went with me each time i went to try on dresses, and she did more for me than any of the sales girls. I also bought a necklace.

When i got the necklace home, what looked off white and gold in the store was now very silver and cheap looking. I argued with them until they let me trade it for another necklace. I almost grabbed another one of the same style thinking the color was right. Luckily i checked it by the window light and realized it was not. Their lighting is screwed up. When i picked out a necklace that was $5-10 less, they almost told me they could not refund the difference. But, i finally got them to credit the difference.

Thankfully i bought my shoes elsewhere (Emporio's in the Clackamas Town Center-they have one in Wash. Square also).

3 months before the wedding, i went to another bridal shop to get an estimate on the alterations (Dillon's on TV Hwy and 185th). They have to take in almost 3/4" on each side. I had lost 6-8 pounds (yippee!). I realized that i could save some money on alterations and a lot of stress about the bead work, if i went to David's and traded it for one size smaller.

The manager at the Beaverton David's Bridal told me she just couldn't do that. She made an appointment for me with the alterations lady. So i drove out there, thinking i could try on the 12. NO! She jsut wanted to tell me how they could alter the dress. Her estimate was over $100 more than the other bridal store, and they wouldn't do the minor style change (can't risk the integrety of the dress). She also told me that to go down one dress size, i would have to lose 35 pounds.

Let's think about that. If i weighed 150 pounds and lost 35...i would be 115 lbs. So i would go from a 14 to a 12 only... Wow. If i want to be a size 10, i would have to lose 70 pounds and i would weight a whole 80 pounds. At which point i would weight less than most wedding dresses.

I gave up on David's.

The week before i went for my fitting, i called the Clackamas store to get the District managers phone number. THe manager at that store (Laura) tried to work with me. Unfortunately I had only 2-3 days left before my fitting, and a month before my wedding...and they did not have my dress in stock. If i ordered it, i would have to wait, and i would be crazy wreck waiting.

So, stay away from David's Bridal (esp. the BEaverton store).

Try Dillon's for bridesmaids (David's doesn't have any for less than $120 anyway).
        Try emporio's or on 82nd avenue next to Mr Formals there is a dress shop.

But stay away from the Chain stores like David;s. To them, you are a one time customer, not a repeat customer. This is also why they tell you you can save 15% or 10% on your accessories and bridesmaid dresses if you buy them the same day as your dress. They know they suck and you won't come back.

• Ca
        cassie Feb 02, 2008

i have a complaint , i arrive at your maple grove minnesota location and wanted to just browes in the store with my husband and son and not once were we offer help , offer support . we got the cold shoulder ,and the staff carried on private conversations and ditn act like we matter at all and at that point my husband said he will not spend a dime in this store, i thought it was a random experince.
        today one of my bride maids arrive and wanted to get her dress , had all my info . she said no one approach her for at least 20 mins and when they did offer help it was cold and rude and treated her as if she wasnt worth the time .they said they couldnt find my info and had all sort of excuses . she said she will not return to this location either.this is suppose to be the best time of my life and so far this store has made it a nightmare with some what racism and unprofessional service . something has to be done about this . this store has lost the 10 women of my bridal party business and i am willing to take my business else where .
        i think i deserve some sort of respect as a customer regardless what color i am and also how i look when i arrive at you store .

David's Bridal — Most horrible experience with david's bridal

Today I just had the most horrible experience with David's Bridal. Today was my 3rd visit to DB in the...

David's BridalWedding crashers

Sold a wedding dress and did the alterations. The dress does NOT look like it was supposed to. It is now so tight that my son's fiancee cannot breath and it is forcing what little skin she has out. She is by no means fat as the dress is below a size zero now. Also, the bra that "Norma" sold her now shows and she had the nerve to state that she saw it showing before the alterations but sold it to her anyway. They offered no resolution and have ruined her wedding. In my opinion, I would NEVER EVER advise anyone to use David's Bridal!!

• De
          Desiree greer May 26, 2011

Im really sorry that you had a bad experience at david's bridal, I went to a davids bridal in philadelphia, Pa and had the best experience. The associates were very helpful and they helped me pick out the perfect dress for my wedding next year in 2012.I think you are living in the wrong area or you have found the wrong Davids bridal store. I was reading other peoples comments and they all share the same problem you did with service. I have never experienced that kind of service at my davids bridal. I went 3 different times and all 3 times I received the same kind of treatment greeted with a smile, a hand shake and was wished good luck on my wedding day. The lady Anneesha was very helpful to me.I hope you dont give up on Davids Bridal just find another store in your area were you are going to get that A+ service like I did good luck next time around for that special event, sometimes we have to travel some distances to get what we are looking for.

David's BridalBridesmaids dresses - horrible service!

All of my bridesmaids dressed were purchased at David’s Bridal in Manchester, CT. After picking out the dresses I informed my girls to call and order over the next month so that they would be in, in time for the wedding. When my first bridesmaid called they refused to take her debit card number over the phone telling her it was denied (they cant deny debit cards), the kept her on hold and transferred her to 3 different people who all asked her the same questions with no answers, she was unable to order her dress. My second bridesmaid called with a similar problem only this time they told her she was not in to computer and they had no dress number or size for her. After I called them up and freaked out on them when they told me they did not have ME in the computer they magically found my name. They refused to order my dresses until all of the girls had placed their order, which I understand, but I informed them that because there dresses were all different I didn’t want them all in the same dye lot. When my sister called to order her dress it was in the store 2 days later and although the floor model fit her perfectly the one she received (in the same size) needs major alterations. When ever i called them on the pone nobody could help me and they just put me on hold and asked to call me back, which they never did. The first day I walked in there I decided not to get my wedding dress there because of their horrible service I guess I should have learned my lesson.

• Wr
            Wrinked Dresses May 21, 2011

The Victorville, Ca. Store ..they kiss your ### when you walk in ...once you've made your purchase...your on your own...The dresses are all wrinkled and they put them in those long bags so you cant see them ...so you get them home and there all wrinkled...I picked up my daughter dress so she didn't try it on at the store... they ordered her's. My sister's dress was wrinlkled too ...she did try her's on when it arrived and it was all wrinkled to...she assummed when she took it of and they took it to the back that they were steamming it...well guesss what she got home it it was still wrinkled...you pay hundred of dollars for the dress... you would think you would get a wrinkle free dress...those once on the rack aren't wrinkled!!! I will not recommend this bridal store to anyone...

• Ne
            nebraskann May 18, 2011

Although my complaint is not a very large one, I have to say that I will not be buying my wedding dress there. I was told I had to order my bridesmaid dress 3 months in advance. It came in within 4 weeks which was great, except for some stupid reason they sent an email to the bride telling her that if I didn't come pick it up within seven days after delivery, they were returning it. Seriously? Something that I bought and paid for? The bride was all freaked out about it because I couldn't drop everything to go pick it up immediately. I called them and they agreed to hold it, seriously, but why would a bridal company even do that?

• Gu
            guitarlady May 07, 2011

P.S. For my first daughter's wedding we went to an independent shop. They cared and were very helpful. Unfortunately, in this economy, they are closed and Davids is still open. Find an indepenent bridal shop where they care about your purchase and you aren't just another number!

• Gu
            guitarlady May 07, 2011

I can add to the above comments. I would not shop at Davids and would not recommend them. We went to the Merrillville, Indiana location. They are very corporate and we had quite a few problems. We needed bridal gown alterations and they have a list of the fee for each in their alteration rooms, BUT they charge $5 for EVERY single button, etc. $650 gown then had $310 in alterations!! This was JUST for a bustle and shoulders taken up!! We were not told of the cost ahead of time, and when we were handed the bill we just about fell over. What are you going to do at that point? Have them remove all the pins they put in it and start over by taking it to another seamstress? Problems we had before that were that we were told on the phone that they could exchange a sash we bought for a different color and when we got back to the store they told us they couldn't do that so we were stuck with a $65 sash we couldn't use. I called first because it is almost an hour one way to their store. Plus, they lost us in their system and couldn't find our party, even though we had been there the week before and we were in the system. Then they told us we had already returned a sash, which was not true. Asked to speak to the store manager and got no help there at all. We got rude treatment a couple of times. Very messed up and unorganized.

• Mo
            MotheroftheBride May 19, 2010

I can add to these posts. I took my daughter to get her wedding dress at David's Bridal in Chicago. My daughter had called and changed the time of the appointment the week before. We got to the store and the changed was never made on their appointment book. It took them 3o minutes to find a person to help us. We were told that my daughter got 45 minutes to use the dressing room because the sales person had to use the room for another bride. I remineded the sales person that they were late getting to us and no way my daughter could pick a wedding dress in 15 minutes. We had the list of gowns she had pick from the internet. My other daughter and I had to run all over the store looking for the dresses because the sales person was just sitting in a chair looking through the catalog trying to find the wedding dresses from the catalog. I was the one helping my daughter with her gown and giving her input on what style looked better, the salesperson did any advise or help my daughter with anything. We were lucky that we found the 4 dresses she had picked and she could tried them all. She finaly decided on two and the salesperson was rushing her to make a decision. I explained to the salesperson that my daughter needed to see herselfe on the own on the mirrors outside so she could see how it looks under a good light. They were children running all over the stores. Touching the gowns, stepping on them. It was awful experience, when picking a wedding gown should be the best experience for a bride. I recommend Bridal Mart to anyone. You get a salesperson with you and they help you all the time, they don't rush you and they give you a lot of input on what type of accessories may look better with the gown. They are not pushy trying to sell you anything. My first daughter bought her gown in Bridal Mart and we had excellent service. We could not find a Bridal Mart close to where my daughter live in Chicago. I only have two daughters, so hopefully I am done with weddings. Next time I will find a Bridal Mart or an independent Bridal Shop with good service.

• Wh
            WHAT?!?! Jun 19, 2009

• Ry
            Ryan Sep 17, 2008

I got married in April of 2008. I purchased my dress from David’s Bridal, and 2 flower girls dresses, AND 7 bridesmaid’s dresses from the store. Yes, there was A LOT of money spent in the store. When I ordered my dress, the sales rep informed me that the dress I tried on off of the rack was going to be slightly larger than the actual dress I ordered, because it had been tried on so many times. Ok, makes sense right? So I ordered my size and everything was good. Well when my actual dress came in I decided to get all 7 of my bridesmaids together plus the 2 flower girls so everyone could pick their styles and get the right size and we could go ahead and order everyone’s dress on the same day. I set up an appointment and told the lady I spoke with on the phone that I was going to have 10 girls to accommodate and we needed at least 2 fitting rooms….didn’t sound unreasonable to me for 10 people. So we arrive at the store for our appointment and we were given 1 dressing room, YES 1 for 10 people. Everyone is taking turns trying on dresses and I asked my sales rep to bring me my dress so I could try it on….remembering what she said about it possibly being too small versus the one off the rack….I asked her not once but 4 times to bring me my dress, patiently waiting and NEVER rude. So she brings me THE DRESS OFF THE RACK! At that point I felt nothing was going to be accomplished there and I was just going to take my dress home and determined whether or not it fit myself. Luckily, it fit fine and I didn’t need any alterations because a few weeks later when all of the bridesmaids dresses came in and I went to go pick them up, I told the lady at the register that one of them I was leaving behind because it needed alterations. She told me they didn’t have room…..DIDN’T HAVE ROOM???? FOR ONE DRESS ARE YOU KIDDING? So I took the dress home and explained what happened to my bridesmaid that needed the alteration and she went elsewhere with her dress. Another week passed and another one of my flower girls was told at the David’s Bridal in Nashville, Tennessee, that the flower girls dress that matched my dress was discontinued! Well it wasn’t and they had to call the Duluth store and order one from out of state. I went to pick the dress up and figured it was under one of 3 names which I gave the lady a hundred times because I wasn’t sure exactly who placed the order and it took her 30 minutes of going back and forth and telling me it wasn’t in the back and then finally getting a manager and me telling her the 3 names yet again until the dress was finally found.

And after spending a grand total of $4, 000 in the store, they told me I had to PURCHASE a bag for my $1000 dress. Are you serious? I spent $1000 on a dress, $100 on shoes, and almost $300 for my tiara and I have to BUY a $10 bag….I DON’T THINK SO!

Charlie Rush Jul 02, 2007

This is not a complaint, I would like to thanks Ms.Michelle and her staff for the service that was giving to us on the 6-30-07 it was a short notice and the service was excellence. Anjelica was gorgeous in her dress that was selection. (Macon Georgia)

thanks,