Having problems with David's Bridal?

David's Bridal reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 15, 2007. The latest review Dress was posted on Jun 13, 2021. The latest complaint Services was resolved on Aug 19, 2014. David's Bridal has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 106 reviews. David's Bridal has resolved 50 complaints.

David's Bridal Customer Service Contacts

1001 Washington Street
Durham, North Carolina
United States - 19428

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with David's Bridal Customer Service. Initial David's Bridal complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for David's Bridal above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about David's Bridal. Discuss the issues you have had with David's Bridal and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

David's Bridal Complaints & Reviews

David's Bridal — Alteration rip-off!

I went today for a fitting for a bridesmaid dress. the manager of the alterations dept wanted to charge me...

David's BridalMisleading, non informing

I am 34 years old and finally planning my wedding. I've looked forward to this day for sooooo long. I made an appointment in February at David's to try on dresses. My mom, mother-in-law to be and myself arrived for my 10:00 am appointment. We were greeted and my consultant Brittney took over. She had me pick out 3 dresses first. I got all the attire on and knew that the 3rd dress was the one. She was very friendly and nice, but what I've found out is that she nor anyone in that store is very informative. My dress cost was $550. I was then told that if we chose for them to alter it, it would cost another $350. Brittney stated that even if we chose for David's to not alter my dress then we could still bring it back about 3 months prior to my wedding for them to steam clean and re-bead my dress. We had a lady locally alter my dress for around $100. There was still one aspect of the dress that the lady didn't do correctly. We decided to have David's make the last adjustment that was needed along with the other "promised" tasks. I made an appointment, took in my dress only to my horror in finding out that not only will they NOT touch my dress because someone else had altered it, but they will not Clean nor re-bead the dress as promised by my consultant. It does state that they will not touch an altered dress, however it is in a book that they give people who HAVE NOT bought their dress. I did not recieve any such book nor is it posted in their store for anyone to see. I went in, bought a dress, left with a dress, but no book. It's now my responsiblity to have seen a "paragraph" in this book that was never given to me and it took the alteration lady 15 minutes to find it. Not to mention that we were never told this. My mom and I have battled back and forth with corporate for a few days now but I will NEVER reccommend David's.

• Li
      lilyflower Apr 23, 2009

David's Bridal in McAllen, Texas was a huge mistake for us. My sisters and I went in to the McAllen store to have my older sister try on a few dresses for her renewal service in July. She fell in love with the third dress she tried on but was apprehensive about buying it because that's just her. She constantly contemplates and shops around before spending over $100 on anything. When the manager came up to us to ask if we were being properly served she asked him what he thought of the gown. She started asking them about there return policy and he said made a face and claimed they don't normally do it but that they could refund it if it were within 7 days of the purchase. Four educated women heard him say this. My sister agreed to purchase the dress since he said we could return it. Well she ended up flying back to her home in California and decided three days later that she wanted to return it because it was too dressy for the wedding she was planning. She called the store in McAllen and spoke with a sales lady who said to go ahead and send it. But since she paid with her credit card she whoever went in to return the dress would have to have the number. My sister spent $50 to fedex overnight the dress to me so that it would make it back before the 7 day return. I went in to return the dress and called my sister so she would be ready with her card number and then the manager slammed me with it. He said they do not refund dresses for any reason. But he said he needed to speak with the sales lady who said that she could return the dress. My sister was so confused because if returns were not allowed then why would the lady have said to have her credit card number ready? Why wouldn't the lady have said flat out "ma'am we don't accept any returns"? Why would the man helping me not have been surprised when I said I needed to return the dress. He took the receipt from me, the dress and took it out of the bag! It wasn't until he did all this and hit a few keys in the computer that he finally said they do not accept refunds. Now does this make sense? If we were trying to pull one over on him don't you think we would have used a better cover story other then the dress did not fit the style of the wedding? We would have said the groom was dead if we were trying to cheat the store. This David's Bridal really gives a fabulous store a bad name. I will NEVER shop there again. We are currently filing a claim against the store. Sure the dress only cost her $218.00 but it's principal. If they have done this to US I'm sure they have done it to others and it is just not right. I'm not blaming David's Bridal but I'm blaming the Manager for practically talking us into a sale under false pretenses.

David's Bridal — Bridesmaid dresses

To Whom it May Concern: A couple of months ago my twin sister and I went to pick out the maid-of-honor dre...

David's BridalTheir service is a headache

I have had a bad experience trying to get a dress from David's Bridal in Colma, CA. I had no trouble buying my bridesmaid dress from the store, and thought that I was ordering it in the correct size. It was a little tight, but I thought that alterations would be able to take care of that by letting it out. WRONG! They don't tell you up front that they cannot let out their bridesmaid dresses. The alterations person was wonderful, telling me what she could do with the dress I had, and also offered me the option of re-ordering the dress in a different size (if they had it), and that it could be overnighted. I chose the latter option, and I thought it was a done deal. Wrong again! Someone at the store dropped the ball on getting the dress from another store, and had to order it to be made (b/c they're cut to order)...so it was going to take a while for it to come in. Then, I had to call almost every day for three or four days in a row to see when the dress would be in. Finally, I got an answer: first week in June. However, by Thursday of that week, no dress...and they said it wouldn't be in until the 12th! Luckily, it came in on the 9th, but I wasn't able to get an alterations appt until the 14th. The alterations people have been wonderful the whole way through. When I got my bill for alterations, I was stunned at the price. Over $80 for shortening the straps and doing the hem. So I talked to the customer service person that I had dealt with previously and explained to her (very politely, I might add) that because of all the hassle I had to go through to get this dress, I would like some sort of compensation on the alterations. She got very defensive and said that they don't do that. And, she made a point to tell me that it was MY fault in the first place, because I had ordered the wrong size and that they DID compensate me b/c they had not charged me for another dress. Luckily my friend was with me, and she told them that no one had told me when I had gotten the smaller size that a larger size would have been better. The customer service person then replied, "Well, if you were with her at the time, why didn't YOU say anything?" My friend and the rep kept going back and forth, and finally I gently put down my card and said it was fine, I would pay for all of it, and that I would be sending in a letter. The rep seemed to understand (finally) that I meant business. "Hold on, I'll call my district manager." After a few minutes she got off the phone and said, "You won't have to pay for the alterations." I had not intended for it to be free, I had only wanted a percentage off.

To the rep's credit, during this almost month-long debacle, she had done a lot for me to make sure I was getting my needs met. She was the one I talked to the most, and she made several apologies and was often very friendly. I just wasn't happy about how I was treated re: the alteration fee.

While I am happy with the end result (thus far), I think it would have been better if they had inquired as to what kind of compensation I was asking for. Maybe then it would have saved us some time and energy.

I won't be going back to David's Bridal in the future, if I can help it. Good customer service, and a nice dress, should not be worth this much trouble.

David's Bridal — Poor quality, deceptive, no service

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DAVID'S BRIDAL. First of all, don't fall for their very effective advertising...

Davids Bridal Richmond VA — Customer service-product

I'm getting married in May of 2009. Saturday July 19, 2009 I went with two of my bridesmaids to try on...

David's BridalAlterations

I went to pick up my dress today, 7 days before the wedding and it was a disaster. There were dirt marks, the alterations looked like anybody could have done them... and they were horribly rude to me when I asked about the alterations. I was treated like I had no idea what I was speaking about, when I, myself, am a seamstress. The alterations were sloppy, amateurish and rushed. I would recommend this store to purchase your dress, but DO NOT have your dress altered by David's Bridal.

• Ho
          Holly Yorrie May 09, 2009

I had my wedding dress and the 3 bridemaid dresses done at David's and it was a nightmare, We bought the dresses in Sept.The fitting was January 12. They said the dresses would all be ready March 10. On March 10th we went for our fitting and none of the alterations were done. They said they apologize and to come back the following Friday. Yet again that none were completed.Then I was told to come back in 3 weeks. Finally or so I thought the dresses were done. The wedding dress was done but not cleaaned. However none of the bridesmaid dresses were touched. Now it is 2weeks before my wedding and just last night another problem with the alterations happened. The dress with the simplest alteration needs was a disaster. The dress fit her perfect. The only thing that needed to be done was a take in by the breast line. They did not do the take at all and the slip part of the dress was sew to the zipper and they took in the bottom of the dress by 2 sizes. This has resulting in getting whole different dress and still getting alterations. My bridesmaid is so unhappy with dress and at this point there really nothing to do. As it stands only 1 of my 3 girls have a dress. David's still has to do 2. They have had these dresses for 4 months and done next to nothing. Do not let them do alteration!!

David's BridalCrappy customer service

It's not just this David's Bridal that's terrible--it's all of them! First, I ordered a dress initially without my measurements being taken. Now the thing doesn't fit. Went to exchange it and got measured... one girl greeted me when I walked in and then asked someone else to measure me and walked away. The girl she asked to measure me replied upon being asked "yeah... I guess so." Completely unenthusiastic. Slammed a pen and paper down to write the measurements. Then went to find me the size which they didn't have so she gave me a different dress to try on. Tried it, told her it fit and she just said "that's good". I said "can't you look to see if there are any in my size somewhere else in the state?" So she did and GAVE ME THE NUMBER TO CALL THE OTHER STORE!!! She didn't even call for me. I had to use my own airtime cell phone minutes!!! I asked if the dress could be shipped to the Danbury store from Manchester to save me the gas money and she said no. Then I called the Orange store to see if it could be shipped there instead and they said that David's Bridal does not ship from store to store. WHAT?! So now I have to drive 45 minutes there and 45 minutes back because the idiot that initially helped me in Danvers, Massachusetts didn't take my measurements? And the worst part about it is that David's Bridal doesn't even have a main contact line/email address to field complaints/handle customer service. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD Business! If it comes down to me having to buy dresses from David's Bridal for my wedding I'd much rather have everyone go NUDE!

• Th
            ThePinkDrinkRocks Feb 05, 2015

I went into the Davids Bridal in West Melbourne, FL and had a "consultant" measure me. They did not have my dress in the store in my size, so they offered to order it and promised enough time for alterations. Even the assistant manager told me there would be plenty of time, when the dress came in(which I never received a phone call, saw the email in my SPAM folder) I was then told a different story and that they wouldnt be able to alter the dress they sold me for $1000-SO I had to find a seamstress (through research since this is my wedding dress) Brought my dress and under garments to the seamstress only to be told the dress is a good 2 sizes too small.. Which baffles me seeing their consultant measured me and ordered the correct dress (So I thought)-I have had to fight with store managers and District Manager to find a resolution and are still waiting-I have also made 2 calls to the GM and have not received a return phone call. Bad customer service, consultants that do not know how to measure and employees that lie just to get the sale! I will never recommmend or refer anyone to Davids Bridal!

• Ic
            icweddingpro Sep 02, 2010

THAT'S WEIRD SINCE THE COMPUTER WONT EVEN LET THE ORDER PROCESS UNLESS IT WILL BE THERE B4 THE EVENT DATE, WON'T EVEN LET U PAY FOR IT.I GOTTA SAY I USUALLY GET CALLS FOR DRESSES WELL B4 THEY ARE EXPECTED.

Sandra Feitosa May 24, 2010

We ordered a dress and never got it in time .So far they are still looking for the dress that was suposed to be at the store on May 10, 2010.

Anonymous Aug 30, 2009

Just call them and say that you want to be taken off if their contact list.

• St
            Stop Calling Me Aug 27, 2009

The service at David's Bridal was pretty good. HOWEVER...I had no idea that they would give out my personal cell phone number and email address to all of their vendors. I have been solicited constantly for makeup, teeth whitening...you name it. If there was something more I could do about it, I would. Getting married = scams, all across the board.

• Ky
            kyy Aug 17, 2009

Davids Bridal is absolutely the most PATHETIC store I have ever been to. I will NEVER go therer for my wedding. It is run by A BUNCH OF LOW-LIFE DISORGANIZED ### THAT ARE HALF ###ED. I HOPE THE STORE IN SUNRISE FLORIDA BURNS TO THE GROUND. =)

Anonymous Jul 21, 2009

You're stupid for ordering a dress when you didn't get your measurements taken first. I can't believe how dumb you were to do that. Like, I'm appalled.

Why would they ship from store to store when they can just ship to your house? And no, you didn't have to drive 45 minutes to the other store, you could have ordered it over the phone and had it shipped to your house, but I take it you probably didn't listen to them during that part.

Anonymous Apr 08, 2009

Rarely do businesses ship from store to store. I've worked several retail stores, and only one shipped from store to store, and that's because it was only in Southern California.

First of all, it *was* your fault that your dress didn't fit because you didn't get measured. Secondly, only alterations people can do measurements, that's their job. I just think it's a little unrealistic to expect sales associates to put on a happy face 24/7. You have no idea what these people go through, people getting mad at them for their own mistakes.

Mary Nov 19, 2008

ANYONE who wears clothes know's that every designer will have their own sizes you maybe 1 size in 1 designer and a totally different size in another!!! it is up to you to make sure the dress fits!!! which you did not do in the store that the dress was ordered the first time and who knows how long you waited to get the right size any store would have a very hard time getting the right size if the time frame is to near the wedding date.. the danbury store did what they could do for you.

• J
            J Sep 27, 2008

"First, I ordered a dress initially without my measurements being taken. Now the thing doesn't fit."

What a surprise.. you buy a dress without taking your measurements and it doesn't fit. That's -kind of- the first thing you think about when buying a dress. These dresses are not tailor made to fit each bride. Everyone's body is different. Common protocol is to make an appointment, try on the dress, make notes on where it needs to be altered, and wait for it to come in the mail if it has to be ordered. Then you take it into the store, have alterations fix it, send it off, get it back fixed. The end. It seems that you did things harder than they had to be, and you don't quite understand how to order a dress.

I haven't had any problems with davids bridal.. and I've had 4 bridesmaids successfully get their dresses back in perfect condition. My wedding gown was also received in perfect condition after alterations. So I don't know what you're talking about.

I can kind of understand your frustration, but you can't just make a generalization about ALL Davids Bridal boutiques. It's unfair.. because there are some that really do their job well.

About the unenthusiastic customer service thing... deal with a bunch of b****ing brides all day long and see how enthusiastic you are.

David's Bridal — Extremely poor customer service

I have bee in the local David's Bridal Store exactly three times and I have to say I will never again...

David's BridalHorrible service

This was awful!! At first, I thought, "hmm... David's bridal has these nice fliers with nice pictures!" once at the store, no one helped me, and the dressing rooms, for some reason, looked and smelled like a filthy texaco latrine! Any way, I am five feet, six inches tall, and my friend, who was with me, stands at a mere five feet. After the woman who was supposed to "help" me disappeared to talk on her cell phone, my short little friend had to help me into these billowing wedding dresses! And these dresses are crap! Made of - I can't even explain. So cheaply made, the details are horrendous. It looked and felt like a the kids at the local high school made these dresses in their home economics class. And I am not exaggerating. How can they charge $500 - $1800 for such poorly-crafted crap? After trying on about three dresses and feeling completely disgusted, my friend and I high-tailed it out of there, with some of the employees looking completely baffled as to why we were making such a dramatic exit. The next day, I called the store and complained about the # service. They asked me if I wanted to reschedule or if I wanted a "coupon" and I said no way. Why hasn't this store gone out of business yet?

I finally got my dress at brides by demetrios, and my brides-maids' dresses are all from bill levkoff. If you're looking for excellent quality and gorgeous dresses, check out these vendors, and you won't be disappointed.

• Ov
              OverlyDisgusted Aug 12, 2010

Absolutely horrible service. The David's Bridal [censor]es are nothing but jealoous employees who with they were buying a wedding gown.

They were rude the first time, gave them another chance, but the rudeness continued. This is the Blasdell, NY store--unbelievable!

• Re
              Rebecca Aug 28, 2008

I originally went to Davids Bridal for a fitting, because I was ordering on of their online dresses. I noticed that the girl who was doing my measurements did them completely the wrong way. I went elsewhere, and got the correct measurements. If I had followed the sizes she had given me I would have ended up with a dress 2 sizes too big!!!
              I recieved the dress, and the dress was wonderful, I love it, however it was too large around the bust. It is a strapless dress, style BR1000.
              I went in for my alterations appointment, I figured as long as I didn't get the same girl that measured me it couldn't be that bad, right?
              WRONG!
              Reyna, the alterations manager, was the person who was supposed to do alterations on my dress. I put it on, and explained that the bust was too big and needed to be taken in, and she repeatedly argued with me that I didn't want it taken in, what I wanted was a bra with more lift.
              She said "I see you, you keep pulling the dress up there." to which I explained "Yes, because it is too big and keep falling down!"
              She had me try on another bra, and still said that what I wanted was lift, and told me she would take the dress in because it wouldn't give me the lift I wanted!!!
              I left, and took my dress to Bridals by Carol in Northampton - and the wonderful lady there had me try it on, and right away knew what I was tlaking about. She walked in and said "Oh, all you need is for the bust to be taken in 2 inches." AND she was by far cheaper than Davids Bridal!
              Skip Davids Bridal, they are just too much of a headache!

David's BridalClothing shoes & acc

It is a shame to have to buy a Prom dress without having to purchase shoes or their fake jewelry.

David's bridal is nothing but a scam - I thought it would be my number 1 pick for my wedding dress but I guess the fact that my little girl trying on just "Prom" dresses and the lady next door to us was trying on her wedding dress while her kids were eating mcdonalds in the same dressing room will not be my #1 choice of Bridal stores.

Nothing nothing but a rip off - customer service lacks in every department - this store is located in New York, central Ave, White Plains -

Anonymous Feb 06, 2011

Actually, David's Bridal has several wedding gowns for $99. They're not manufactured at that price, but rather marked down to that price. Each store has different inventory of $99 gowns and sometimes, the warehouse will periodically send stores more $99 gowns they have left in the store. I used to work there, we had all sorts of brides choosing $99 gowns. For some, it's not the price, it's the gown itself. Of course, for others, it's the price and the gown is secondary.

And if David's Bridal had corporate information on their website, then they'd have hoards of people contacting them without going through their local store first. They want issues to be resolved at the store level first, instead of going to corporate immediately. Rarely are issues unsolvable at the store level; usually, the stores are able to handle and take care of customer service issues.

• Co
                complainerguy Jan 17, 2011

Consider the add currently running on some TV stations. We have a happy bride posing next to a Rolls Royce then enjoying a reception on the lush, green lawns of a huge mansion. Are we expected to believe that a woman in a $99.00 wedding gown would be allowed even close to a scene like this? I think not. Remember, "The media is the message." You should also note that their website has NO contact information on any page. Don't ever do business with anyone who will not divulge phone numbers, web or email addresses. If the business is legitimate, then they WANT you to get in touch with them. It it's a web-based store, try looking it up at www.resellerratings.com. It's a fairly reliable source.
                Caveat Emptor.

Anonymous Apr 08, 2009

What's your complaint? I don't understand what you're complaint is.

Of course they have fake jewelry, they're not a jeweler. They don't carry gems, you have to go to a jewelry store to get real jewelry.

David's BridalTerrible service!

I totally agree with the customer service at Davids Bridal. I got my bridal, flowergirl, and bridesmaid dresses from there, which I would never recommend to anyone. I called davids bridal because the color of the bridesmaid desses did not match with the color of the tuxedo vests. They were suppose to be a beige color and ended up being more gold. Although the color of the dresses were suppose to be a beige color. My mom and sister went to go pick up the dresses up and brought them to me. The color was nothing like what they showed me. Now they will not let me exchange them for another dress. They told me there sales are final and couldnt exchange the dress when it was there fault in the first place!!!

• Gi
                  Gimme999 Feb 10, 2009

and about the appointments...I agree with that too! How do you expect the store to staff enough people for you to WALK IN whenever the hell you feel like it to try on dresses! If you did not make an appointment, then you have to WAIT! People who make appointments get taken first...it's common sense. Do you just walk in to your doctor's office and expect to be sen in front of those who made appointments???? NO! There staff has to handle those dresses...you can not go in, rip them off the rack and try them on yourself? What other bridal shop would let you do that??? NONE!!! Being that they are sold off the rack, you are basically tryig on someone's wedding dress. People complain too much!

• Gi
                  Gimme999 Feb 10, 2009

Of coarse ALL SALES ARE FINAL! David's is an OFF THE RACK store...do you want to buy a wedding gown that someone has RETURNED! NO...most picky brides don't even want to buy off the rack, let alone buy something that someone RETURNS! I agree 100%...formal wear is ALL SALES ARE FINAL! I would not want to wear something that someone has worn! I dont care who says "I didnt wear it" Blah Blah...people LIE!

• Da
                  DavidsHater Sep 09, 2008

I completely agree that David's Bridal is awful. My sister lives in Nebraska, I live in Mass...so coordinating is not very easy. I had no problem when I picked out my bridesmaid dress. A couple months later (about a month ago from today), I decided that I didn't really like the dress I had purchased and wanted to buy another one. Since the wedding was only one month away, I had to call all of the stores in New England to see if they had a certain style number/color/size in stock. This is when I started having problems. First of all...don't call them because apparently they are doing YOU a favor by looking in their computer system to see if they have the dress. I finally found a store, about an hour away, that had one in stock. I went to purchase it that night. All was good until this past weekend. I went to a local seamstress to have a seam fixed and the zipper broke. The seamstress told me that the dress was cheaply made, and started pointing out all of the crappy craftsmanship. At this point, the wedding is in a week and a half, and since it's in a different state I am shipping the dress to my sister to ensure that it doesn't get lost should the airline decide to lose my luggage. The day the zipper broke, I had to go to david's in Natick, MA to buy a new dress right off the rack. Nobody had that same dress in stock, and it would not be ordered in time for the wedding...so I needed to purchase a dress right off the rack, that day. When I arrived, the woman at the desk asked if she could help (her name was Molly, by the way). I told her my situation, and that I needed a dress TODAY because the wedding is in less than a week and I need to ship the dress out to Nebraska ASAP. She proceeded to tell me that I could look at the dresses, but because I didn't have an appointment I couldn't try them on. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? There is NOTHING on their website or in their store that says 'APPOINTMENT REQUIRED'. I told her I would look around and walked away...knowing that I was trying a dress on if she liked it or not. I ended up bringing a bunch of dresses to the fitting rooms and I spoke with another employee, who was slightly more understanding. She let me try them on. I ended up not purchasing a new gown because nothing fit right without alterations, and there just isn't time for that at this point. So now I have to wear the first dress that I purchased. I am not happy at all---they sold me a cheap dress that broke before the wedding, and they were rude. Go figure, my sister called me tonight and said her David's messed up her dress TWICE already. she was supposed to pick it up tonight...and of course it was not altered correctly again. She has to go back on Sunday, and hopefully it's right because the wedding is that following Saturday. And they had the nerve to charge her for the correction!!! She is going to dispute the credit card charge for the correction once she has the dress and it's right.

Charlotte Jun 16, 2008

I went to Davids Bridal to get a mother of the groom dress. The lady was very helpful but she took a cig. break and had another person help me. When we got to the register and she took my payment it was the wrong price. I told her the dress had a tag that said it was fifty percent off. She looked at the tag and took it off and charged the price she told me the first time. I was desperate for the dress because the first one I bought from someone else I had altered and they screwed it up. I had one week to get a dress and had been to every store trying to find one in time. Will not buy anything else from them ever!!!

• Ki
                  Kim Taylor May 21, 2008

I agree on the horrible service of David's Bridal. I went to the one in Abilene Tx. I was by myself because my family is serveal hours away, they gave me choices on the gowns but when it came to every thing else they just said this is what goes with the gown. They had to order the gown no problem they said it should come in no later than June 12th no problem, they called me 2 weeks later and said it was in (awesome). When I went to pick it up I had to ask to try it on, glade I did because the gown was to small. They said they were going to reorder the gown in a bigger size, I asked if it would be here in time to heme it and they said if we didn't think so we wouldn't order it. They also said it should only take as long as the first on did but no later than June 23rd. I told them I didn't have untill then I'm getting married begining of July, they said it should be fine. About a month and a half later the gown still isn't even on it's way, so went to return the gown and every thing else but they said all sales are final even though it was THEIR FAULT they ordered the wrong size in the first place. I did get the gown returned finaly cause it was still on order but wouldn't let me return any of the other stuff. I will never shop there again and will not get my brids maid dresses from there either.

David's Bridal — Color hassle and rude service

I went with my two bridesmaids to get their dresses at David’s Bridal. They advertise that they can get...

David's Bridal — Lady's.. Take it for what it's worth

Lady's.. take it for what it's worth. David's Bridal sells cheap wedding dresses. Therefore...

Davids Bridal-Orange, CA — Poor customer services

On Thursday 4/10/08 I called to find out if my dress had arrived that was ordered back in 1/08. When I spoke...

David's Bridal — Terrible customer service

I had my bridesmaids order their dresses from davids bridal because they live all over the country. The first...

David's BridalTerrible customer service!

My friend and I stopped into our local David's bridal store today to look at weeding dresses for her upcoming wedding. The customer service was absolutely horrible. We are both full figure women, but that doesn't mean that we don't have feeling and a right to look beautiful on her most important day. I will not recommend that store/company to anyone who asks.

• Ha
                    Happy Groom Mom Sep 02, 2015

I am the mother of the groom.My experience was not bad at all.Yes you have to make and appointment for which I did to try on dresses.Did not order from the store though.Waited and found a beautiful dress on line and I was shocked to see that the dress came quick.Ordered on a Monday and it came on a Thursday! was so impressed! Not only that but the dress fits perfectly.No alterations needed.Just have to have it pressed because it did come very wrinkled.My son's wedding is November 1st.I ordered the dress in July.Me being a plus size lady was tough to get a dress in a style and color of the wedding, but I lucked out.The only complaint I had was that I had to ask for help in trying on dresses but other than that, I was very pleased with the experience.I did not want to wait till the last minute to get a dress for the wedding.Was giving myself plenty of time for alterations if needed.If I were to get alterations it would definitely not be at David's Bridal.It would be elsewhere.I'm looking to get another dress from them for a special occasion in the future.

• Wo
                    Wontshop there Apr 27, 2011

I was there today too in the Eugene Oregon Store, the service was horrible. I will spend the gas and effort to travel to Portland, and I will not shop at David's Bridal. Where was management, no greeting, no one offered to help. That is too bad because there was a dress I actually considered buying.

• Di
                    Disappointed Bride Aug 11, 2008

BRIDES BEWARE - I would NOT recommend David's Bridal in Wayne, NJ. The service was horrible. The staff acts annoyed when you ask a question or need further assistance. I went with my future sister-in-law because her 2 daughters are going to be Flower girls in the wedding. We saw a dress we liked but they didn’t have her size. We asked if they could call the Paramus store to see if they had the size. Well, needless to say, the girl helping us wrote down the item # of the dress & told us to call ourselves. That was just the experience with my flower girls; let’s not even get into my dress hunt at David’s Bridal. Let’s just say they limited me to 5 dresses to try on. Then, the cashier messed up my transaction & my mom, sister & I had to wait over an hour for them to fix it. Then when my mom wanted a drink of water because the store was so hot, they said no. That was it for me, be nasty to me but don’t even go near my mom with that attitude. I have a few more stories but I think just hearing these would make someone think twice about going there. I went there to save money but wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Pay the extra few dollars and go where the service is better. You will want to remember this experience and if the experience is bad, you'll want to forget it like I do. I have my 2nd fitting at the end of the month & dread walking into that store.

• Sh
                    shannon May 04, 2008

I spent over 1200.00 for my wedding dress in Davids Bridal in Wayne, NJ. I went back the following day at 7:25 the doors were open and I asked the m anager for a swatch of my brides maid dresses. He was rude and said we are closed and would not help me. I know it seems small but I paid a lot of money in that store and it would of only took them 30 seconds to grab a swatch for me. Good customer service is hard to find especially at Davids Bridal.

• Ci
                    Cindi Schneider Mar 22, 2008

I recently purchased a wedding dress and four bridesmaids dresses on March 17th, 2008. Our store clerk was wonderful (Morgan Miller), however we were to recieve two fifty dollar gift cards on March 17th as a gift for shopping in your store in Bowling Green, Kentucky and the manager said that the computer showed we had already recieved them. My daughter and I do not have these cards and the manager was testy with us both when I repeatedly told her we did not have them. She kept saying that since the computer showed we had them that we must be lying. I am very disappointed with this turn of events because up until this point I was totaly satisfied with everyting about your store.

Cindi Schneider

• Me
                    Megan Johnston Nov 19, 2007

Well naturally I am engaged and so excited about planning my wedding and trying gowns on. So the first place I go was David's Bridal because they always have some type of sale going on. I actually did find my dress there so my mother and I ordered it and we were told that when the dress came in in 2 or 3 months that they would contact us. So as weeks passed I became very anxious about getting it in until I could not stand it any longer and called my local store. To my surprise they said the dress had been here in the store for a while. When I asked why I had not been contacted they said they had tried and with today technology I can clearly say they did not call at all. So I just brushed it off and when to get my dress. I was in the store waiting as they searched in the back for my dress. The sales ladies were whispering and pulled another dress off the rack walked to the front of the store after 45 min and said we have a problem. The first time they said my dress was sent but without the extra length I had ordered and just seconds later they said that the wrong dress was sent. They offered the one that they pulled off the rack for me to take as my own which I quickly said "NO" to. Why would I want or pay for a dress that has been on the rack for everyone to try on. The sales ladies contacted their head office and told me it would take another 6 weeks for a dress to come in. Now no way was that going to work I had bridal portraits in 2 weeks which we paid money for a spot and travel arrangements. I left the store furious and trying to contact the person in charge and as usual I got her voicemail after ranting to a machine my local store called and said a dress is being rushed and would be there in one week. I finally got my dress with the extra length but now I needed shoes. I searched everywhere but ended up back at David's Bridal for the shoes I wanted. I searched the store and found no one to help me so I left and unable to find any other shoes on such short notice I went back now they did not have my size and could not order any in time so finally someone found a pair in the back they were dirty and the name in the bottom of the shoe was smeared and disappearing but I had to have them at least for pictures so I asked if I could have a % off and of course they said no but did clean the shoes. Thinking I was finally finished with Daivids Bridal I had gotten my dress dirty at my bridal portraits and needed it clean. So I have taken up there where they say it is gonna take a few months because they are so far behind and I still have more pictures to take so if they can the cleaning lady says she will try to put a rush on it and now I can not get anyone on the phone and when I do they just leave me on hold. So bottom line do not use David's Bridal.

David's BridalHorrible experience at david's bridal!

It was my worst shopping experience in years, while this was supposed to be one of the most important things in my life: finding my wedding dress. I went to the David's Bridal store in Bakersfield, CA, after work. I walked in and stood there for 2 minutes until someone approached me. The employee was not friendly or helpful at all. Without any greeting, she had an attitude like “what are you doing here?” She barely talked to me although I tried to express my need in a friendly manner. She threw me a catalog, asked me to fill out a form, and had another girl help me. That girl was more friendly with a smile one her face, but she was impatient to listen to my description of dresses that I would consider. She only heard the first criteria and ignored the rest. Of course, she could not be very helpful to find me “the dress.” She found me 3 dresses that were very similar, while I’d like more variety to choose. She took me and the 3 dresses to the fitting room, asked me to try on, and said she would come back and check on me soon. The dresses did not fit and took me a while to try on each of them. There was not any mirror in the fitting room so I had to walk out of the room to see what it’s like in the mirror. I spent 20 minutes trying on, coming in and out of the fitting room, but she was never back. During that time, I really needed help, but where was my help? When the dresses didn’t fit, I really didn’t feel comfortable walking all over the store to find that girl with my bra showing. I was extremely frustrated w/ their service so I finally changed and left. When I left the store, no one even approached and asked me how I was doing or if I found anything I liked. Since I entered the fitting room, the girl or any other kind of help just seemed to disappear, and I was left alone. For the whole time, I felt like I was not welcome there.

How did that happen? I kept wondering after I got home. I have been very disturbed. The employees seemed pretty friendly and helpful to other customers. They only had an attitude to ME, so it must be something about me, not their general personality or service. Was it because I didn’t make an appointment and just walked in? I don’t think that it could justify their bad service and attitude. They could have had told me that they were occupied by scheduled customers at that time, explained to me professionally, and helped me schedule an appointment, as any decent business would handle it. There was no need to give an attitude. If that wasn’t the reason, what is? Because I went there alone? Why would it be an issue as long as I have money to spend? I dressed better than many customers at the store, so I’m sure that they treated me like that not because they thought I could not afford their stuff. I understand big women sometimes are discriminated, but I am a size 4 so it is not a problem. Plus, people who know me always say that I am the kind of customer that every business (especially fashion) would love to have. Then the only thing I could think of was my ethnicity. I am Asian, and I was the only Asian at the store. I am not sure how much experience they had in serving Asians. Anyway, racism, which is the last thing I’d like to believe, was the only believable guess I could come up with after ruling out many other possibilities. I will never recommend this store to any of my friends, and I will make sure that my experience is known by people. (By the way, I wanted to file a complaint to David’s Bridal’s head quarter because I assumed a successful business like them must care about this kind of issue and would try to improve it. However, my attempt was unsuccessful.)

None Apr 24, 2009

Glad to hear there are people who work at David's Bridal who actually do believe in CUSTOMER SERVICE, unlike the person who left the fisrt comment! Talk about negativity...maybe the customers wouldn't be so negative if there were more people who were positive, and actually made an effort to provide some CUSTOMER SERVICE! Somebody needs to go to training on people skills because obviously, she has NONE!

BTW, if you hate your job so much because you feel don't get paid enough to put up with other people's crap, then you are definitely in the wrong line of work. You get paid to do a job! If you don't like it, no one has you handcuffed to the store, so make a decision and get out...cut the "I don't get paid enough to deal with other people's crap" crying!

Maria Sep 26, 2008

Wow...this is terrible- of the girl that left the first comment! I used to work at a david's bridal. Although I do not think it was because of race, it was bad customer service. But to the first comment- maybe you should NOT be working there anymore- I started getting a negative attitude and realized it was time to leave because it wasn't the brides fault it was management and MICRO management by corporate. Obviously first comment girl doesn't commission because of her negative attitude, otherwise you would get paid well! You shouldn't say "WE" for David's Bridal as a whole. It really sucks that David's has such a bad reputation, I do believe they just don't worry so much about the quality of the consultants, but there ARE a few good ones at every store and really it just isn't possible to have all "awesome" employees in any retail situation.

• Mi
                      michelle caffrey Apr 20, 2008

I apologize for your experience. I apologize even more for the embarassing behavior of a fellow David's Bridal employee. We do see about 30 Brides a week, but every bride should recieve the same attention. You should attempt to contact Heidi Miller. I'm all the way out on the East Coast in Yonkers, NY, but if you want to contact me at [protected], my name is my Michelle, and I would be happy to help you resolve your situation.

• Cl
                      CL506 Feb 26, 2008

To: Girlinshowbiz...

Wow! Way to pull the race card. Is there a different way that we as employees at David's Bridal are supposed to service Asian people? I don't care what color/ethnicity you are, if I am busy with one or two brides I will not drop everything just because you walked in the door being Asian. Can you really be that self-centered? It is people like you that can't let segregation rest.

Also, are you completely helpless when you are in the store? Can you not ask questions? We are not there to answer your every beck and call. You need to remember that we have to deal with a lot of negative people, and when you think that you are the only one in the store at that very moment, that is when we hate our jobs.

Oh, and another thing...knock off the "I'm a Princess" attitude because we are sick of it. You are no more special than the bride before you or that will come after you. You want to know why we are irritated employees? It is because we don't get paid enough to put up with the crap that you and other negative people bring into the store. You want a good experience then have a good attitude and knock off the racial stuff. No one cares that you are Asian and getting married, they just care that you are getting married. Plus, if you want to feel like a "princess" then go to another store where the gowns don't start at $99.

Good luck with your wedding, I hope that your groom is prepared!

David's BridalWrong size!

My entire wedding day could have been ruined! I went to Davids Bridal last May to pick out my dress. I actually had a pretty good time doing so. I found the perfect dress, and best of all, it FIT perfect too! I was so excited that i did not need to spend extra money on alterations. The only problem with the dress is that there was a black string under the fabric , but my consultant said that she was taking the dress back to the seamstress to remove it. She came out in about 5 mins, and said it was removed. The dress was bagged up and i sent it home with my maid of honor. (I live with my finance, so i didn't want it at my house.) It is now Jan 2008. I was visiting my maid of honor, and she asked if i wanted to see my dress. I said sure, so then i tried it on. I COULDN'T EVEN GET IT ZIPPED!!! There was NO way i gained that much weight in 8 months! I looked at the ticket, thinking... they couldn't have! But i was devastated to see that i had a completely different size then i tried on! What if it was my wedding day!!! Ok, so mistakes happen, i realize that, but instead of getting that little piece of string out of the dress, they just gave me a different dress, WITHOUT TELLING ME!!! AND GRABBED THE WRONG SIZE! We called immediately, but they said the manager was to busy for us, took our #, and said they would call the next day. But guess what? NO CALL. So the day after that i put in a call, and finally got through. The lady (who stated that she traveled for corporate) made me feel like it was my fault by saying, "well maam, the size in on your receipt". WHY WOULD I THINK TO LOOK AT THE SIZE ON THE RECEIPT WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS BUYING THE DRESS I HAD ON MY BODY!!! Not to mention, this store is a hike for me (2hrs). With gas costing 3.15 a gallon, it is gonna cost me another $30-$40 just to go pick it up. This is ridiculous. They should have offered to compensate for that. I wanted to complain to corporate, but they said there isn't a phone #. OK.What happened to customer service? They made a mistake, but pretty much blamed me for it. If i hadn't already had my brides maid gowns made to match, i would have demanded a refund. I have already told everyone i know about the lack of service i got from these people. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS STORE TO MY WORST ENEMY.

• Ev
                        evelyn Diaz Sep 21, 2008

I went to Davids Bridal in Torrance California looking for formal dress for my daughters 15 party I couldnt even get some help I asked for dress with sleeves look over there nobody came to help when I asked I guess I was the wrong ethnicity don"t they know we have money to spend...

Jaclyn Jacobs Jun 11, 2008

So what did you do! I'm dealing with the same sort of problem. They ordered the wrong style of dress for me, and being in the wedding party everyone else has the right dress. when i called the store the manager basically said it was my fault, and could not offer me any sort of compensation for THERE mistake. I am so upset, and appaled at what they think they can get away with that im not only calling there customer service number (which prob. wont help) and getting a lawyer. I am so disgusted

• Kr
                        KRISTEN SLOVER May 14, 2008

i lost wieght not gained! i just had a c-section the lady didnt want to tie the dress 4 me!

• Br
                        Bridal Diva Apr 15, 2008

So why didn't you check the garment out before you left the store. Mix ups do happen. I am sure that it was not done on purpose. There are alot of wedding gowns in the stores as well as in the Alterations room. And yes, it could have happened.

You should have inspected to make sure that the thread was gone and checked the size on the tag to make sure.

Don't blame them for your incompetence and yes you could have gained that much weight in 8 months. Seen it happen.

David's BridalUncalled for rudeness!

I was informed this week by my husband that we were attending the Navy Ball in less than a month, and I would need a formal ball gown. After exhausting several other options, I called David's for an appointment, and to ensure I wasn't wasting my time, asked if they had any plus-sized dresses in stock. The woman actually replied, quite snottily (as if she were disappointed an overweight person would DARE to shop there) "Oh. I think we have a white one. And maybe a pink one." OK, whatever, I just need a dress ASAP. I showed up promptly at 3 for my appointment, and a woman found four or five dresses for me to try on. She was somewhat helpful, but after she left me in the dressing room, I *never* saw her again. I found one I liked, and wandered around the store looking for help. I saw one saleswoman, but I couldn't pry her away from the lovely young bride she was helping. I browsed and tried on the dresses again. I wandered around *in* the dress. Finally a woman asked me if I was doing ok, and I told her "no." She helped me find three jackets to try on, (only because the bride she was helping was in the dressing room right then) and when I gave up on that, she rang me up. I would have *much* rather shopped and bought online, but for some reason, David's doesn't do that. Suffice it to say, don't believe what they say about the "David's Difference" or whatever their slogan is. I wanted to write to a manager or customer service, but of course, there is no information on the website regarding comments or complaints.

• Jd
                          J Diaz Aug 04, 2008

my fiance purchased a wedding dress from David's Bridal back in June. We left it there for final alterations with a pick up date of Aug 1st. At 10:30 am, the day she was supposed to pick up her dress, someone from David's bridal called and said that the alterations would not be done because they weren't paid for. Noone told my fiance at the time that she had to pay for the alterations prior to this time. So they had the dress for 4 weeks and did nothing. With our destination wedding loomin, we had to have the dress ready in order to send it UPS to our wedding coordinator in Puerto Rico, when we arrived at the store later that day, the person she spoke to on the phone called my fiance a liar, in front of the store manager, meanwhile this same person had taken the credit card information over the phone. My fiance was angry, hurt etc. Then the dress was not altered properl. The seamstress was totally rude when questioned why the hem was crooked. The store manager tells her that alterations are not her department. It was a mess, not to mention there were 6 other brides there with similar problems. With our wedding looming in a few days, we had to stay there over 5 hours to make sure the dress was completely properly altered. The people at David's BRidal in LIC were rude, nasty and had no compassion or consideration towards my fiance. They forget that this is the most important day in our lives.

• Tk
                          TK Apr 20, 2008

David's Bridal employees are very rude. They gave me an estimate for $45 for alterations and when we went in for the fitting I was handed a bill for $115. The dress only cost $60 and when I was contemplating on purchasing it I specifically asked about how much the alterations would be. Since they said around $45 I bought the dress. When they handed me the bill for $115, their attitude was basically "if you don't like it, we can take the pins out and you can go somewhere else and have it altered". Givng the time constraints, I did pay up but I can tell you I will never purchase anything there again and I will let everyone I know not to go there. the store is in Albany, New York. I left three messages at their corporate headquarters and finally just wrote a letter to the CEO which I do not anticipate an answer. Very rude, very unhelpful and just out for the money.