Having problems with David's Bridal?

David's Bridal reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 15, 2007. The latest review Wedding gown was posted on Apr 16, 2021. The latest complaint Services was resolved on Aug 19, 2014. David's Bridal has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 105 reviews. David's Bridal has resolved 50 complaints.

David's Bridal Customer Service Contacts

1001 Washington Street
Durham, North Carolina
United States - 19428

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with David's Bridal Customer Service. Initial David's Bridal complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for David's Bridal above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about David's Bridal. Discuss the issues you have had with David's Bridal and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

David's Bridal Complaints & Reviews

David's BridalDo not use them

I am engaged and getting married in August 2006. I went through David's Bridal to get my gown and was very satisfied when my associate called me to tell me the gown I wanted was being discontinued and $300.00 off. I went to the store with my mother, and we were told that if we wanted to hold the dress, we must put money down. We put down close to $300.00, which we were later told will put the dress on lay-away. While reading the contract with the store manager, I was confused to the wording of the receipt. We went over it TOGETHER, and I understood that 25% of the deposit would be lost if I did not want to purchase the dress. That is also what I was told by the store manager. I asked her three times. I decided I no longer wanted that dress, so I called the store to find out what I should do. The first time I called I was told I would get in-store credit of my deposit amount. I was furious! Why would I need almost $300.00 in in-store credit? So, I called back and spoke with a manager. She told me that 25% of my deposit would be in in-store credit and the rest would be refunded to me. That is also what was explained to me at the time I signed my contract. I explained the amount I put down and my remaining balance. I was told that I would have about $70.00 in-store credit and the rest refunded. This was after her calculations. I went to the store just last night to get my refund, when I was RUDELY told that that wasn't the case. I explained to both the store manager and the assistant manager what happened, and they simply said, "Well YOU signed the contract." Not only was the manager condescending, she was rude, making snide comments to me under her breath. I took this to the Corporate level, contacting Mary Mike, who was also no help. She told me that I should have read the contract more carefully and it was basically my fault. When I told her that I was lied to, being told that I would get 25% of my deposit back, she didn't want to hear it. She told me that I could go the next level up by contacting her supervisor. She gave me an address so I could WRITE A LETTER! What century do we live in that I cannot call him?!? I asked her if she writes letters to get a hold of him, and she said rudely that she calls his secretary. So why the hell can't I call his secretary? Needless to say, I was lied to, demeaned and treated horribly once I made a complaint. DO NOT SHOP AT DAVID'S BRIDAL. I wish that I had done research first. I checked the Better Business Bureau, and there are unresolved cases such as mine, where customers were told one thing, signed the contract which is ambiguosly phrased, and when they wanted a refund they were told the same thing that I was. Please, do your research! David's Bridal is not the way to go.

• Me
      Medina Stefanski Feb 03, 2010

Is there ANY way possible to cancel an order at David's Bridal and get your money back and NOT store credit?

David's Bridal — Returns

I ordered a dress online & it was too small. I have been trying to get a return item number so I can send it...

David's Bridal — Total nightmare - unprofessional, disrespectful and dishonest staff

Our experience with David's Bridal has been a total nightmare. The staff has been completely...

David's BridalDelivering wrong items

I visited the David's Bridal store in Brooklyn to buy my wedding gown and other items. The consultant was helpful, but I did not realize that when she was billing me, she put in the order not the corset I tried in the shop, but a completely different model. I paid for the combined delivery of the items to my home address in a different state. A few weeks later I got an email saying that I need to pick up the corset at the store. It wasn't an option, first of all, because I am away from NY, and the corset # was different from what I tried in the shop. I called the store. First, the secretary left me on hold transfering to someone who was not picking up the phone. I hung up after 7 minutes, called again and asked her to check that someone is ready to pick up before transfering me. She tried to compain, but I knew from my visit to the shop that she is sitting literally around the corner from the associates and could just turn her head and call for them. Then I spend about 20 minutes talking to an associate. He tried to talk me into several options that required more payment, such as delivery of different packages etc. I insisted that they should send me the corset I tried in the shop, together with my dress, for which delivery I had already been charged. Finally, we agreed on these conditions and on refund of the difference in price of corset (the one they tried to push on me was more expensive).
    Now, it's been two months since my visit. They delivered a box with a corset, which is neither what I tried nor the one they tried to send before. It does not fit me. I tried to find a corporate contact of David's Bridal, but they do not provide and feedback or contact forms online. I can only try to call the shop in Brooklyn again, or give up and buy the corset I wanted online, of course for an extra charge. I am very upset with this "service" of pushing on me the items I have never tried or ordered, and with the absence of contact information to get in touch with the company.

angelica riley Nov 02, 2009

I ordered 3 size 12 dresses and received 3 size 22 dresses
        order # is 1994835
        I would appreciate if someone would contact me ASAP
        to see what is going to be done about this matter
        Angie Riley
        contact me at
        [email protected]

Joe Jul 16, 2009

David's BridalNever again!

Initially when I purchased a bridesmaid dress the girl helping me told me the hem would run $10 and the alterations would run $50. You can imagine my surprise when I took the dress in for a hem and they wanted to charge me $60. They then told me the dress didn't fit because of my bra and tried to sell me a bra for another $60. Not to mention that the sale people completely ignored me. There were approximately 8 sales people present and I was the only customer. I will never set foot in another David's Bridal again.

David's BridalSleazy sales tactics

I found what I thought was the dress & veil of my dreams at the Sunset Hills location in St. Louis last Thursday. I put the dress, garment bag, veil & blusher on layaway and put down a deposit of $200 (total was about $750 with the dress and veils). The dress was very beautiful and the veil was dainty with a small edge of pretty beads very light and simple. I was kind of surprised that it was $179, but the consultant told me that is how much they run on average. So I came back on Sunday to try the dress on again with headpieces (tiaras and headbands) and to get my Maid of Honor's opinion. My consultant let me try on the headpieces with the dress but in a different size since the one I bought was on layaway. I thought that was odd because I had already put money towards it... but whatever... She also brought out a sample of the veil I had in layaway. I was very confused at first to see that it was NOT the same veil as the one I had tried on last time! It was this heavy thing with gaudy beads and tacky lace! I asked her if this was the same veil from Thursday... she double checked and said that it was indeed the same on that I had on layaway. I didn't make a fuss then but I was 99% sure it WAS NOT the same veil. IT WAS NOT MY STYLE AT ALL!!! Since they were very busy on Sunday and my consultant was working with about 3 other customers, I just left and went home. I compared pictures from Thursday with the ones we took that day and I confirmed it WAS NOT THE SAME VEIL! So basically I had bought something that I didn't try on. I could not believe they had done that to me! So I decided I would go back Tuesday night (Monday was a holiday) and take that veil off of Layaway. I figured I wouldn't cause a scene and I was just trying to give the consultant the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe she mixed the veils up. When I arrived I spoke with a girl named Tammy who was professional but did not seem to want to help me. I was hoping to take the veil off layaway and just put that money towards my dress. She told me that I could not do that. She said I had to pay everything off first and then I could exchange the veil for something else of equal or LESSER value. So if I couldn't find something worth $179 (cost of the veil) then I would basically LOSE money. Now why would I want to pay towards something I didn't want in the first place?!?! Or even more so something that I never even TRIED ON!!?! Next she told me that if I cancel the layaway I could only cancel the entire purchase not just a portion of it. So I did. I canceled the dress and everything. To top it off she tried to tell me that I would forfeit the 25% I had put down. I had to point out that the layaway policy CLEARLY STATES that all cancellations with in 10 days entitle the buyer to a FULL refund. THANK GOODNESS I had read the policy! It's a shame they lost business over a simple matter. We were planning on outfitting our entire bridal party (12 people) plus the mother of the bride & mother of the groom through David's Bridal. We were also going to go with them for our invitations and party favors. To quantify this: They lost about $6000 over a matter of $179. What fantastic business sense they have! I was hoping to send an email to corporate but there is only a mailing address on their site and I will be sending a letter but I doubt anyone will read it. I would not recommend David's Bridal to anyone.

• Ha
            Hannn Sep 23, 2014

Um maybe you should have gotten the point across that it wasn't the same veil. You should have showed her the pictures. Not DB's fault you couldn't put your foot down and stand up to her. Just saying.

David's BridalMarketing tactics

Our daughter is getting married in California and selected David's Bridal as the source of her wedding dress and wedding party dresses. My wife went into the store in Tacoma, Washington, to order her dress and they insisted on personal identifying information, even though it was a cash purchase. Shortly thereafter, we began receiving telemarketing calls from other businesses, including the Mens Wearhouse chain. We are sure that this is the source because we always insert a "time bomb" when responding to marketers or merchants, such as a mispelled word or name or some incorrect but vital information. That way we know the source of marketing we receive in violation of ethics and often law. In this case, we are on both the state and federal "do not call" lists. Today (2/11/09) we received a call from "Steve" at the David's Bridal customer relations office in Virginia, asking how their service is. When my wife relayed this information to him, he replied that it must have been a dishonest employee who sold the information to make some extra money, because David's Bridal has a policy against selling information. He said this very matter-of-factly, as though having a dishonest employee doing such things is no big deal and not unusual for this business. Also, since providing her registration information to this business in Fresno, California, our daughter has been flooded recently with spam e-mails tailored to her wedding plans. She made the mistake of providing them her e-mail address so they could contact her.

I do not recommend this outfit to anyone who does not want to be forever haunted with junk mail, spam and telemarketing calls in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.

Ted L. Bader, Hoodsport, WA

• Li
              lizlmt Mar 15, 2009

sorry the site is actually... http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PrivacyView

• Li
              lizlmt Mar 15, 2009

I recently received calls from Men's Wearhouse as well for tuxedo rental for my fiancee. He's in the Army so he will be wearing his military uniform so therefore neither one of us ever inquired about renting a tuxedo. I suspected them when I got the call, but never thought anything of it. Well yesterday was the tip of the iceburg when I received a call from a company called "Royal Prestige" saying that I had won some prize package with a 3-night stay at a hotel, etc... I told the girl that I never entered any contest & asked her where she received my information she could not tell me... of course not, right? She then wanted me to set up an appt. for 8:30PM at a hotel she said it was 1-hour long & that they'd try to get me out of there as fast as they could. She said there was no purchase neccesary, blah blah blah. So I set up the appt. to see what it was all about. I did not go however after having time to think it over I knew if it sounded too good to be true it probably was. Plus why would I have to go to some hotel to pick up my "prize" & why did it have to take an hour. She was also VERY persistant about me having to bring my fiancee along with me as if it was a requirement. Anyways... I did do some further research today & came across a lot of consumer complaints about this company that supposedly makes you sit thru an hour long presentation full of false claims that have no scientific backbone to them trying to sell young happy couples $2000.00 pots & pans! WHAT A DISGRACE! Ontop of that the company preys on you & pressures you to make the purchase & they even offer financing which is RIDICULOUS. For pans? WHY...How are newlyweds supposed to be able to afford pots & pans at that price! CRAZY... I then found out from some other disgruntled consumers that they never received their money back, etc... when they were not satisfied with the products they just spent their life savings on. I then found a few threads of people that said David's Bridal had allowed these people to get their grubby scamming hands on your PERSONAL & PRICATE info, HOW RUDE & SHAEFULL! I did some other digging as well & found that in fact on David's bridal website actually discloses that they are aloud to sell/rent your personally identifiable info. whether you like it or not! When we bought my dress no sales person ever told me they would do something like that. Here is the link to that very page with that horrible policy of theirs. http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PrivacyView. As it states verbatim from that link... David's Bridal may also choose to sell, trade or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties providing offers that we believe would be attractive to our customers. If you wish to opt out of these offers, please send an email to [email protected] Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of these third parties.
              I suggest anyone as unhappy as me write them a very forward email letting them know how you as a consumer feel, that you were never told this would happen. As a matter of fact I let them know as well that I was planning on getting my bridesmaids dresses there, but not anymore I don't want my girlfriends going through what I have. Thank God I decided not to go to that meeting who knows what I would have risked! All because David's Bridal wanted to make a quick buck off of me!

David's Bridal — Bad service and customer injured

I recently had visited two David’s Bridal stores one in Northridge, CA and one in Oxnard, CA. My first...

David's Bridal — Discrimination

My friend is getting married in July of this year 2009. She, her mother, her physically challenged 4 year old...

David's BridalHorrible service at not 1 but 2 locations!

I'll be in wedding number 10 in May. I'm starting to get excited about this one because the plans are coming together. The bride is letting us pick which dress we want to wear (Yay!) out of a few options that she selection. So, I've been trying to get to a David's Bridal to try one of the options on. I went to the David's Bridal in Antioch on Monday to find out that it no longer exists (Go Figure...let's just shut Antioch down why don't we?). That left me with three David's Bridals to go to - none of which are in Nashville - all of them at least 30 minutes away. *sigh*

So, I decided to go to Cool Springs to the David's Bridal. We can call this one DB1 since it's the first one I went to TODAY. I walk in and no one is sitting at the front desk. I'm weary of going into bridal shops and just roaming around because it's a specialty store. So, I wait...

And wait...

And wait...

Suddenly, this woman appears and says, "Did you need something?"

I proceed to tell her that I am in a wedding in May and I need to try on 2 dresses that the bride selected. I proceed to show her the list and she kind of waves it off. She explains that I would need to be fitted and that I may have to wait a few minutes. I told her that it was fine and asked her where the bathroom was. Despite her slight attitude, I proceed on to the bathroom and then went to the racks to try and find the dress.

The dresses were haphazardly placed on the rack but I was able to find the ones that I needed. They weren't all in my size but I picked a few as samples so that they wouldn't have to search feverishly for them. When I get to the desk, she says, "Let me see if I can find someone to help you." I said, "Great! I just thought I'd get these dresses as samples." When she returns, she says, "We're really busy right now. Is there anyway you can come back because... (AND THIS IS THE PART THAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF)...you're obviously frustrated and can't wait."

Without even pondering that she just made an assumption about me and my feelings, I said, "You know what? I'm good. I'll just go to another David's Bridal. Have a good day."

Her: Please don't leave.
            Me: NO, I'M GOOD! YOU SHOULD HAVE POSTED ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT AN APPOINTMENT IS MANDATORY!

That was instance Number 1. The second instance happened 2 hours afterward the first instance. As I'm ordering my dinner, I decide to try and make an appointment at the David's Bridal in Murfreesboro for this evening. I call and make an appointment for 7PM. I get lost trying to find it but eventually found it. I was a few minutes late but I called ahead to let them know that I would be late.

I walk into the store and (again) no one was sitting at the desk. I know they must be busy. However, the girl that was walking through carrying a dress could have said, "I'll be right with you ma'am.". Keep in mind I MADE AN APPOINTMENT THIS TIME. So, I wait...

...and wait...

...and wait some more.

Finally, I decided to start walking around to see if I see anyone. I see a woman walking through the store. She was busy but caught my eye and said, "May I help you?" So, I told her the same thing I told the last woman. Being that I noticed she was busy, I said, "I'm going to go ahead and start looking for the dresses.". She said, "That's totally fine! I'll be right with you in a second!"

So, I go back into the racks. I lost the paper I had written the serial numbers on so I went back through the emails in my phone. I found the dresses and came back out to get waited on. The girl I saw earlier was having a conversation with another woman who worked there. Neither one of them acknowledged me. So, I wait...

...and wait...I move to another spot in the room...and I wait...

The girl I saw earlier was now playing on the computer. At this point, I put the dresses down on a chair and leave David's Bridal...PISSED.

When I get home, I start to search for an email address or phone number to report my complaint. They have nothing of that sort on the website. Therefore, I call the only other David's Bridal near the Nashville area to discuss the matter. While talking to the manager, I break down crying. For several reasons:

1. I feel like I've been discriminated against.
            2. I just drove to 2 David's Bridals outside of Nashville.
            3. It was just plain rude and uncalled for.

The woman I spoke with at Rivergate apologized repeatedly. I made an appointment with her and she promised that I would be taken care of. She stated that they will be BUSY but I will be taken care of when I come in on Saturday. She also gave me the name and number of someone to call and report this to.

All I know is, I WILL NOT be using David's Bridal when I get married. They can kiss my...

David's Bridal — Customer service

I will never refer any bride to go to Davids Bridal. I went and ordered my dress from Davids Bridal in...

David's Bridal — They lied about alterations!!!

Please, I'm begging you all to NOT EVER shop at David's Bridal!!! I wish I had researched the...

David's Bridal — Unreliable service/shady business

There are so many consumer complaints out there on David's Bridal and rightly so. If you had a good to...

David's Bridal — Dirty business

I purchased my gown without too much thought. I would be remiss if I did not say that the first idiot lie...

David's BridalBad service, poor quality

The first time I went to David's Bridal I presented myself to the woman at the counter and she asked me for the bride's information. It was a whole production involving two or three sales people and they couldn't find the information for the bridal party in their system. Lucky for me I remembered the color and style of the brides maid dress that I needed to get - they should have been able to tell me this but they did not know to find the information in their system. So they put me as a separate entry in their system.

I found the dress and did a fitting. It was too big in the bust and she wanted to sew pads in it. I told her I wanted her to just take it in. She disagreed and said it would look better with the pads. I had to convince her I didn't want them and she said that she would take in the bust. So, she did the pining for the alteration as I requested.

I was required to pay before they did the alterations. When I went to pay I was standing right in front of a sales woman at the register. She was not busy except for the fact that she was chatting with the sales person and customer at the next register. I just stood there and stood there waiting to just pay. I'm sure she saw me - I was standing right in front of her and she just kept on having her conversation. And I'm not talking about waiting for a brief time, she just went on and on and ignored me. When she was finally done running her mouth, she said that she couldn't ring me up because she couldn't find me in the computer. They just entered my information in the system minutes ago! I had to wait more - just so I could pay and leave!

When I went back the second time the seamstress finally saw me she could not find my dress. They had put it in the wrong location on the rack. When she finally found it I got to try it on. I had (wrongfully)assumed that it was ridiculous to have a second fitting - if they measured me right they should have been able to do the alterations correctly. However, she never even took in the bust seams! I was speaking with a different seamstress this time (the head seamstress) and she said that I didn't ask for the bust seams to be taken in. This made me furious. I had go there a third time.

I went back for my third appointment, which I scheduled it for the first appointment of the day (I think it was noon on a Sunday). Because the store was a distance from where I live and I wasn't sure what the traffic would be like I left with ample time so that I could arrive on time. I got there early and waited for over half an hour outside their doors in the hot South Carolina heat. Evidently there was a bride that was already in getting a fitting before the store opened. The sales people saw me waiting outside. I understand that they didn't want to let me in before the store opened but, it was unfair that they let another customer in the store while I stood sweating outside.

I couldn't be seen at the time of the appointment because the bride was getting upset or something in the fitting room. I had to wait another half an hour after the scheduled time of my appointment. This was totally unfair because I was there early! They asked me to come in at a specified time and I was early but had to wait even more. They had trouble finding the dress again as I had come to expect they would. I tried it on and the seams were all crooked. I definitely did not want to come back a fourth time. I settled for the unprofessionally altered dress because it was getting too close to the wedding, I didn't want to drive all they way there again and I was afraid that they would make the dress worse. They made me sign a form saying I was satisfied with the dress, which I was definitely not - there were all sorts of bumps because of the crooked sewing! I should also mention that when they dyed the shoes they got dye all on the inside of the shoes which stained my feet. I would strongly recommend against anyone doing business with David's Bridal.

David's Bridal — All sales final and employee(s)

Wedding Gown/David's Bridal I myself have had the worst experiences with this "All sales are final"...

DavidsBridal.comLousy customer service

I bought my wedding dress at the Richfield, MN store. My sister lives in Appleton, WI and will be one of my bridesmaids. She went the that store and the service was so bad. They had my wedding date off by 2 months. They acted like she didn't know what she was talking about when she told them the correct date. When the dress that she ordered came in, the called me in Mpls. instead of her and when she called them back about the dress they didn't even know that it was in and told her that they would call her back. Never called back. She went to pickup the dress that following Monday 8/11/08 and the staff still acted like they didn't know anything about the dress and made my sister repeat the same information 3 times. She finally did get her dress and shoes she ordered but the staff really didn't care one bit about helping her properly or apologizing for any errors on their part. I would not recommend going there if at all costs. I love my dress and the bridesmaid dresses are lovely, but no one should have to put up with that poor of service and attitude. I also tried to find a phone number to the main headquarters on the internet and somehow you cannot get through to a live person to lodge a complaint. How convenient for them.

David's Bridal — Poor service/alterations

I purchased my wedding dress at David's Bridal in Ft. Myers. I decided to get the alterations done at...

David's Bridal — Bride's/bridesmaid dresses

Our youngest daughter is getting married in two weeks. The bridesmaids live in New Mexico, Florida, Kentucky...

David's Bridal — Alteration rip-off!

I went today for a fitting for a bridesmaid dress. the manager of the alterations dept wanted to charge me...