CVS Pharmacyharassment

store no.: 2123
manager name: mousoumi
sales associate name: unknown
Dear sir or madam:

I am writing this letter regarding how i was treated in a cvs store located at 61-01 wood haven boulevard rego park, ny 11379.on march 3, 2017, at approximately 3:30 pm.

The minute i entered the store the associate approached me and asked if she could help me with anything. i politely said no thank you i am good. i started to walk down the aisle where skin products are located and started to look for acne cream for my son who was with me at the time. the whole time i was looking for the product, the sales associate was standing there watching me, which was around 15 to 20 mins. i stated to her that she is making me uncomfortable. the response i received from her was, either i allow her to watch me or she could call the police. then, she proceeded to make accusations that i or my son who is autistic could be “stuffing things in the backpack” my son had on his back. i told her to go ahead and call the police and continued to search for what i was looking for.

The associate then called the police from her cell phone and gave full descriptions of me and my son like we were suspected criminals in front of the other customers. i was embarrassed and humiliated. the police arrived on the scene and i requested to see the manager so this could be rectified. not once during the whole incident did the manager make an appearance to see what the problem was. it was almost as if the manager was aware of the situation and was condoning the behavior of the sales associate. without anything being resolved my son and were then escorted out of the store.

I have been going to that cvs location ever since it opened and not once have i ever been approached in such a vile manner or made to feel like i was a criminal.

I look forward to hearing a response regarding this matter.

Regards,