Costco Wholesaleinexperienced opticians and incorrect glasses and contacts

R

October, 2016 - present.

Costco optical on 12300 W Dodge Rd, Omaha, NE 68154, USA.

I went in for an eye exam. They didn't have the exact trials because I have toric lenses so they instead gave me something "close enough". After wearing contacts for >10 year and never having an issue, I figured they knew what they were doing.

The lenses were fine, I ordered glasses, and later ordered contacts. Once I got the contacts, I noticed immediately that I could not see - I couldn't wear them even 30 minutes before I had to remove them from eye strain. I went back to Costco optical and they told me to talk to the team that sells contacts.

In speaking to that team, at least 5 times they told me (different representatives, different visits) i) there is no possible way that the optician gave me an incorrect prescription because I am able to see out of my glasses, and ii) my astigmatism increased greatly and couldn't possibly be an error, and iii) I am longer a good match for my brand of contact lenses and have to try something new. They ordered me trials, same prescription, new brand. 2 weeks later they still didn't arrive even though they had on file they were ordered. They placed the order again - 2 weeks later I tried them, exact same issue as the original brand.

Asked for a refund because it had been months and nothing was getting resolved. Every time I stopped in there was a miscommunication with the representative. I would ask the representative what they had on file from my prior visit, and it was what the former representative 'interpreted' (her astigmatism increased, she is no longer a good fit for her current brand of contacts, etc.), and not what I was stating: my prescription is wrong.

I finally got a second eye exam with another optician. No idea what prescription she gave me, but she said "I increased XYZ. No idea why it would make sense to do that, but I am doing it". Of course, same issue.

Again, asked for a refund. Had to come in yet a different day to speak to the manager. Manager insisted she would fix the problem and have me see "Dr. Brown".

Dr. Brown was condescending and didn't even explain what the issue was: they made a mistake and changed the cylinder from -.25 to -1.25!!!

I ended up just asking them to write me the exact same prescription that I had come to them with, from a different optician NOT associated with Costco, so at the very least I could walk away with a current prescription.

In "making it right", they gave me 8 contacts per eye of 'trials' instead of the 12 contacts per eye that I purchased!!

And they did NOT correct my glasses.

June 29th, and my eyes hurt SO BAD - and I just now realized it is from the ridiculous prescription that I got from Costco optical, for which I paid over $200 for these glasses.

The two ladies that originally conducted the eye exams not only rushed through it, but the first actually got upset with the receptionist for scheduling her (during OPEN hours) because she wanted to go home! Dr. Brown was a joke. I am sure he is a nice guy, but I already told them walking in that my old prescription worked - at the very least he could have acknowledged it and just double-checked it. I was only going through the motions at that point because the manager said she would make it right - thought I would at least give it a chance.

I'm going to burn these glasses tomorrow to at least get some satisfaction out of this ridiculous, expensive, and complete waste of time for the >20 visits I had to make because the "right person" wasn't there to help, or the contacts weren't in, etc.