06:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Zulily.com / items for sale misrepresented

Ja Review updated:

Description: My complaint regards the deceptive presentation of the furniture items for sale which I purchased from Zulily.
I am 70 years old and purchased a bureau and changing table on Zulily's website for my son and daughter-in-law who are expecting their first child.
Nowhere in the specifications did it indicate the furniture had to be assembled.
So a delivery was made of 2 boxes, one 70 pounds with the numerous pieces for assembly.
I would have never purchased these items had I been aware of the fact that I would need to put them together, especially since I could have easily purchased these items from Toys r Us which is close to my home.
Here is Zulily's response to my complaint
"Thank you for taking the time to contact zulily and apologies about the items. With furniture items, unfortunately due to the bulky nature of them, generally assembly will be required once they are received.
That being said, we would be more than happy to assist in paying for shipping of the items to your son so that he can assemble the items. If you would like us to do this, please follow up this email with his address as well as convenient times for UPS to pick up the items."

I am so upset to think they would want me to give a gift for my first grandson and expect that his father have to assemble it.

Zulily did offer a $15 store credit to my Zulily account. I told them the only thing I would find acceptable would be for them to pay for a handyman to assemble the furniture, or give me a credit for both the pieces and I would throw the pieces away and buy assembled furniture at the nearby Toys r us, or for them to take the items back.

The response was negative other than to find the lot numbers so they could approach the vendor to see if they could POSSIBLY be returned. At this rate my grandchild will be living out of baskets by the time he has furniture.

Adding to my frustration with Zulily is that when my order was confirmed on April 12, it indicated that I would receive a tracking number.
On April 21 I wrote customer service telling them I never received a tracking number.
Their response:
"Thank you for contacting zulily! Re: tracking number
Thank you for contacting zulily. We appreciate your business and will
respond to your email as soon as possible."

I never heard back until 5 days later on April 26 when I received an e-mail indicating that the bureau and dressing table were being shipped and on their way.

In conclusion my complaint is against Zulily for misrepresenting the item for sale in not stating that assembly was required and for the slow response to my inquires.

I have had to pay $175 to a handyman to assemble the pieces because I could never have done this myself.

In general their customer service responses have been very slow.

Comments

12th of Sep, 2013

Have not received my order, no email follow ups but money taken from my bank account