Menu
Zulily Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Zulily
reviews & complaints

www.zulily.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.5 182 Reviews

Zulily Complaints Summary

21 Resolved
151 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Zulily's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Zulily has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zulily. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Zulily reviews & complaints

H

Zulily Zulily Review: Sketchy Situation, Hassle Not Worth the Savings

I gotta say, I'm not as mad as some of the other peeps who left reviews, but I definitely feel their pain. Zulily is a bit of a sketchy situation. Sure, you can save some cash by snagging some sweet deals at 40-50% off, but the hassle of the whole process just ain't worth it. Trust me, you're better off finding coupons or waiting for a clearance sale from the actual company.

My story is pretty much the same as everyone else's (coincidence? I think not). I was a member of the site for months before I finally decided to buy something. They had a sale on Crocs, so I grabbed a couple pairs - one for me and one for my kid. A month goes by and I haven't heard anything about my order, so I shoot an email to customer service. They tell me it'll be 10-14 business days before it ships. And, like everyone else has said, "business days" means like 3-4 weeks. And you gotta pay like 8 bucks for shipping! (Total ripoff, right?) But that's not even the worst part. They take your money right away, even though they haven't shipped your stuff yet. It's like they're walking a tightrope between legit and scammy.

So, after waiting like 5-6 weeks, I finally get one pair of shoes - my kid's. Yay, I guess. But where's the other pair I ordered? I check my account and it says the order was canceled. What the heck? I never got a notification about that. So I email customer service again and they tell me it wasn't canceled. A few days later, I get another email saying they couldn't get the shoes I ordered, so they're sending me a totally different pair. Like, what kind of business does that? I can order something, pay for it right away, wait forever, and then find out they can't give it to me and send me something else? That's like playing the lottery, man. And they don't even tell you that's how it works on their site. I email them back, pretty much telling them how I feel, and they apologize and refund my money. They even let me keep the ugly shoes they sent me. I was surprised they did that, since they say orders are non-refundable. So, I guess they get one star for responding to my emails and kinda fixing things. But seriously, watch out for this company. Unless you like being frustrated, stay away.

A

Zulily Zulily's Customer Service Needs Improvement: A Review

I've been a loyal customer of Zulily for quite some time now, having ordered a whopping 109 items from their website. However, I've had a few instances where I received an item that was completely different from what I had ordered. It's definitely an inconvenience, but I always make sure to send an email to Zulily with a picture of the incorrect item attached. In the past, I've always been offered a refund, an apology for their mistake, and asked to donate the item to charity. I appreciate this gesture because it wasn't my fault that they sent the wrong item, so why should I have to go through the hassle of finding a replacement and returning the incorrect item?

Unfortunately, my most recent experience with Zulily was quite different. I received an item that wasn't even close to what I had ordered, and when I sent an email with a picture of the incorrect item attached, the response I received was not what I had expected. They told me to print out a return address label and send the item back if I wanted a refund.

Now, this may seem like an easy task for their representatives, but it's not that simple for me. I'm a handicapped woman with a serious bone disease, and I'm unable to shop in the retail world. In fact, I have surgery scheduled for July 10th. So not only am I inconvenienced by having to find a replacement item and pay for expedited shipping, but I'm also being told that I have to find a way to return the item to Zulily if I want a refund - a refund that I only need because of their mistake.

I called and spoke with a live representative, who put me on hold for almost ten minutes before coming back to tell me, in an unfriendly tone, that they would make an "exception for me THIS time" and refund my money. It felt like they were doing me a favor, rather than acknowledging their mistake and apologizing for the inconvenience they had caused me.

I was so upset and shocked by the tone of the conversation that I asked to speak to a manager. After being put on hold for an extended period of time, I spoke with a manager who had the same attitude as the first representative I had spoken to. When I explained my situation, the manager's response was that Zulily couldn't be aware of each person's medical situation. While I understand that, I also believe that quality control should be a priority. If the person filling the order has no way of knowing if they're doing so correctly, then how can Zulily expect to keep its customer base?

While I appreciate that my purchase price is being refunded, customer service is about more than just that. How a company treats its customers is a huge factor in whether or not they'll keep coming back. Zulily's prices are good, but they're not good enough for me to put up with being treated poorly.

If Zulily is experiencing growing pains, that's understandable. But if their customer service team continues to make customers pay for their mistakes, then their growth will definitely come to a halt.

M
2:43 pm EDT

Zulily Store credit being withheld

I cancelled 3 items. I am due 130 in store credit. I've been waiting for 5 days now due to a technical issue. I've been lied to several times, have emails to prove. I cannot be given a corrected timeline. I missed out on all of the sales, I missed out on my site wide free shipping. I've been stressed, again lied to, hung up on. Rochelle a floor manager managed to put $10 in my store credit, like I can buy anything with that? Why not front the entire amount you owe me in store credit? It is mine to use, right? As it stands now I do not have any type of date as to when this technical issue will be resolved. I loved zulily, now disgusted. Please realease my store crefit. You could do $10 why not my full amount? Deal with your technical issue on your time, not mine. Unprofessional shady business. I was told not to use you, now I know why. Where is my $130, plus free shipping plis my aggrevation, plus the items that are no longer available.

Desired outcome: My $139 credit, my free shipping, my items that are now gone and the total waste of over 3 hours of my time.

A
9:07 pm EDT

Zulily Brown Sock - Accent/ Brown Knit-Cuff Boot

I ordered 2 pairs of boots, which in their description were to be different... One pair was described as brown knit-cuff mid calf boot (sku#[protected]) and the other pair is described as brown sock-accent boot(sku#[protected]) . But in all reality they are both identical pairs of boots. i am requesting a refund on one of the. order was shipped to me on oct.7,2022

Desired outcome: refund for one of the pairs

3:56 am EDT

Zulily Missing items that I ordered //

Missing items from recent order ! able to logon unto to site earlier 08/029/22 now have been trying to logon website for 4 ++ hours and keep getting error code 401 , as I had free shipping until 08/30 until 0300 PST but now will[ have to pay more $$$ for shipping ! now is this fair ? Missing callura bracelets that were shipper on 08/19/22 = aqua & silverstone crystal bracelet $12.99 // Pastel & Silverstone bracelet =$12.99 and Iridescent crystal $ Goldstone earrings!

Desired outcome: refund the missing items and waive the shipping fee and an apology for their problems !!! Thank-you

R
12:23 am EDT

Zulily Unauthorised transaction

Hello

I am based in Australia and someone has done an unauthorised transaction on my bank account today (13 July - Maybe 12 July in US) for an amount of AUS $29.35. I have flagged this with my bank and have raised a dispute. The order id is - [protected]

Desired outcome: I would like to have the transaction cancelled

C
10:44 am EST

Zulily Returns and billing

I bought 4 dresses on Oct. 10, received the dresses on Nov. 10th. They were too small, so I requested a return. My return was "excepted" and they sent me a return address to print out. I don't have a printer so I called on the 15th to ask if they had a QR code that I could use at USPS, nope. Got it sent back on Nov.16th. On Dec. 2nd I received my FIRST bill for $85.83. I called to ask why since I have no items at all. Finally after several different calls, they took off the "late fee" but I still have to pay $18.96 because you only get a partial refund. That is not right. Credit card was cancelled immediately. No more of Zulily's ignorant refunds.

Desired outcome: $18.96 for nothing

10:38 pm EDT

Zulily Deliveries Scottsdale Arizona

I am filing a complaint, not with Zulily's products but with the postal service, ups, trac, and delivery update notices that Zulily sends. I have used Zulily for several years and have always been pleased with the products I have received but the delivery service is terrible. I believe at this point Zulily has been around long enough to correct this problem for its customers. Amazon does - when you order something it either comes or Amazon lets you know if there is a problem.

As of recently I have ordered over a thousand dollars in items, including school cloths for my niece. I have no problem with how long it takes, but please please correct the tracking information! I live in an apartment building, which is vulnerable to stealing. Twice this week I have received emails stating items from UPS have been delivered. Not so - and what is worse you cannot find out because the tracking information is never correct. You cannot speak to a live person, and when you do a chat it tells you to look in the bushes of your front yard. There are no phone numbers, and when you "click" on tracking for UPS, it just shows the same thing that the items were delivered, when in fact they were not! This is very stressful and causes a lot of anxiety for your customers. Then some items show they are at the post office, but again try calling the post office, they never know either, even though they sent me a message stating it was delivered! Then there is something called "trac ..." and items just show up, with no notice. I have items from 3 weeks ago, and when I go into my account it shows that I have received these items and if I would like I can print a "return label" the problem is I've never got them!

If it takes a while to deliver that is fine with me, but as of lately I have made a career of trying to track down all of these packages I supposedly have received. I ask you, please please work on your department that sends out these messages and the vendors you use to send the correct information. As of now I am not going to order anything from Zulily anymore! I would like some confirmation that this issues is going to be resolved.

Susan Capoccia
[protected]
4387 N Parkway Ave, 638
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
susie.[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Fix Tracking! I'd like to get my packages, when the tracking department and the delivery vendors send me a message that it was delivered, WHEN IT WAS NOT!

X
12:40 am EDT

Zulily Zulily Canada's referral program is a scam

I've shopping on Zulily Canada for quite some time. Even though a few things I bought were either very low quality or overpriced, I was overall happy with Zulily, so I recommended Zulily to people by sharing invite and event links. Zulily promised to automatically add invite credits for qualified referrals. However, the invite credits never came automatically, and it was a hassle to get back the missing credits. And I was only successful in retrieving part of the credits - Zulily Canada stills owes me invite credits. Therefore, I think Zulily Canada's referral program is a scam.

I shared invite and event links in May and June, and people joined Zulily through my links - I could see new referrals showing up on my invite list. If someone made a purchase, the user's status would change to "Placed an order. You'll earn CAD$40.00 when it ships!" When an invite's order shipped, the invite would be gone from my list. Since I've been keeping track of my invite list, I would know if any of my invites have placed orders and if their orders have shipped.

So far at least five of my invites have made purchases and their orders have been shipped. However, the promised CAD$40 credits have never shown in my account automatically. Every time I had to contact customer service to get back the missing credits. But still, out of the five qualified referrals, I so far have only received credits for 4 of them. I'm still waiting for my invite credits for the referral whose orders were shipped most recently - and I've sent several emails to no avail.

As for the credits that I did manage to get back, for each request, I had to send at least two emails because my request was never responded directly the first time - most of the time the first reply that I received was a standardized template asking me to call Zulily's 877 number. I totally don't understand why - as a customer, I'd expect to receive the same level of services whether I contact Zulily by phone, via email or live chat, right? Every time when I was directed to Zulily's phone service, I'd wonder if the CSR, instead of trying to solve the issue, was just trying to get rid of me by passing my request on to someone else.

After a few frustrated email communication, I one time decided to contact CSR via live chat, but it didn't turn out to be any better. I was asked so many questions and given so many excuses, and I had to show some photos to prove myself to finally get back the missing credits - imagine if I were talking on the phone, how would I be able to show photos?
I took part in other companies' referral programs before, and never had problem with receiving the promised rewards - everything was done automatically without the client asking. So I don't understand why Zulily cannot automatically add the promised credits, and why the CSRs that I contacted were so unwilling to help me get back the missing credits. The only explanation that I can think of is that Zulily's referral program is a total scam. Otherwise, what can explain all the hassles that a customer has to go through to get back the credits deserved?

My experience with Zulily's referral program was very frustrating, disappointing, and discouraging. As a result, I've stopped sharing Zulily's event links, and I'm considering not using Zulily any more myself.

Desired outcome: Add the invite credits due

Kimberley Brooks
, US
Jul 12, 2021 11:29 am EDT

You are absolutely correct! That new promotion from last week had a link. I followed it to a screen that is not normally available. It showed credits going back 6 years that I never received. Tried talking to them about it today and basically was told to never call again about the credits. I did not know about these accepted invites and orders being placed or I would have contacted them in a timely manner. I have contacted them on three (they say four) occasions regarding missing credits. I invited people, they placed an order, therefore there should automatically have been a credit in my account. There invite program is definitely a scam.
No more Zulily for me.

11:02 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily Order # [protected]; shipment # [protected]; associate elisa ampuero-dole diced peaches + mixed fruit 16 x 4 oz

Received the above on June 29, 2021. The carton/box was wet and soaked with fruit juice. Several cups were open and contents didn't look good; had to discard them. PLEASE REPLACE THE PRODUCT. Shipping of replacement should be FREE; I paid almost $20 for 2 small items: the Dole Fruit Cups and Kleenex Go Packs Facial Tissue. This never happened before (boxed items + other items). I may re-consider ordering BOXED because of your shipping cost. Thank you; I hope to receive the fruit cup replacement soon.

LYDIA ASTORGA
[protected]
Astorga.[protected]@gmailcom

Desired outcome: Replacement of damaged Dole Fruit Cups

N
1:46 am EDT

Zulily Delete my account

I have shopped with Zulily for well over 10 years. The last few years product quality and customer service have gone downhill. A few weeks ago I chose to delete my account and realized I wasn't able to delete my own account and personal information with the instructions Zulily provides, therefore, chose the second option of emailing Zulily customer service. After many emails (which I still have) and being put on a runaround I finally received an email stating it will take up to three days but my account will be deleted. Weeks later my account is still not deleted and Zulily has not responded to my emails that have stated this job is still not done and would like to speak to a manager or someone who can do this job professionally. I no longer give Zulily permission to have any of my personal information and want my account deleted with all personal information and the company holds on to even after numerous requests to delete.
I've attached a photo of one of Zulilys responses stating they will have my account and personal information deleted - which has not been done!

Desired outcome: DELETE MY ACCOUNT ONCE AND FOR ALL

Skylar Jayne
Bush, US
Mar 05, 2022 4:13 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have purchased from Zulily for well over a decade, and I've never had a problem. Yes, some of the products were terrible quality, but overall I was pleased with the service and the items I purchased. I tried to make a purchase today and they wouldn't process my order. I've never had that happen before, and I have probably placed over 60 orders. So, I kept trying and it kept telling me to contact customer service. I called Zulily and the customer service rep told me that it wasn't on their end. So I tried multiple credit cards and nothing worked. In the meantime, 3 items I wanted to purchase were no longer available. I called Zulily back and I was told that my account was suspended and a review would have to be filed. That review would take several days. I asked why my account was on hold. I owe no money and I've never had a problem. The CSR couldn't tell me. So, I am left not being able to purchase on the website and by the time Zulily clears it up, all of the items I wanted will no longer be available for sale. Super frustrating for someone who has given this company a ton of business.

6:49 pm EDT

Zulily magazines

ordered Highlights magazine 11/28/20 and first issue was to arrive 01/2021. The magazine never arrived however under orders it indicates delivered. I have contacted Zulily several times since January and was told it can take 6-8 weeks for the magazine to arrive. Once again I called customer service, spoke with a supervisor (Ashley) on 03/25/21 who stated she will contact the manufacturer. I responded on 04/10/2021 for an update and never received an email back, however I was told one was sent. Today on 05/03/21, still no magazine and I was told the concern would be reopened, I didn't know it was even closed especially considering there has been no resolution.
Also I expressed my disappointment with the clothing merchandise as it seems it's the same products just recycled. Thank you, Laura Dixon

Desired outcome: I want the magazine delivered and the start of the one year subscription to start on the day of delivery

P
4:41 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily Over charging and taking extra payments

They have my account so messed up. I am getting charged for cancelled items and being charged multiple times for the same purchase. They have a "smart Pay", option. They take payments even if your item was cancelled. The balances are not visible to the customer. The bookkeeping is so confusing and no help from customer service. I spoke to 7 representatives and 3 supervisors. Noone has a clear, understanding of the "pending, holding, or payment" procedure and the bank! They say pending, my bank says the money was taken, period!

Desired outcome: Recovery of funds taken. Compensation for mental anguish and stress. I just had surgery and have been dealing with Zulily and my bank. Causing a near hospitalization. They will not cooperate and continue to lie and take my money.

12:46 pm EST

Zulily Bait and switch/deceptive advertisement

From Sep, 25th to date I'm still sending products back with approximately 1, 500 paid in full. I'm only going to mention received switched products. Sept 25th shirt order # [protected] Oct 6th earrings order # [protected] Oct 23rd 2 shirts order # [protected] Nov 13th T shirt order # [protected] Nov 13th coat
order #[protected]. This also just happen to my friend. This is being done intentionally. My friend tried to get to a higher up management but was unsuccessful. They have Deceptive Advertisement making the product look much better. Their product description that is important to the consumer's decision to buy Zulily's "Features" are "Vague" Example: you look at Nov 5th order # [protected] Leggings display tight fitting, no where in the product description does it let you know these have an elastic waist, there is a difference. If you can't visually see it because the leggings are squeezed into their model, then it should be in the product features. You won't sell as many because most people who wear leggings prefer spandex style. That model represents a spandex style. I've forwarded some of this information to a bait and switch Attorney's office and hopefully this will get the attention of Zulily. If any further information is needed please feel free to contact me. [protected] Thank you
Carlene Heselton

Lisa B Hahn
, US
Apr 17, 2021 10:32 pm EDT

Bait and switch. Advertised as a BOGO and NEVER stated as Buy one get one for equal or lesser value. I ordered a hydrangea which was $231.00, thinking I’m getting another one free. I also ordered a BOGO $23.00 geranium, thinking I was getting another one free. I called about my order after three weeks or so because I noticed only one hydrangea had shipped and I didn’t see a second geranium either. Unfortunately, I was told it was a buy one get one equal or lesser. I said I read the print and it said BOGO which means exactly that. Nothing stating equal or lesser value. We now have to send the hydrangea and geranium back to get a refund...when they come in. They were trying to argue that I chose a hydrangea and a $23.00 geranium as my free one. Seriously! Yesterday, I received a glass cutting board that I ordered from Zulily and it was broken all to pieces because it wasn’t packed properly. A couple of weeks ago, I received the wrong color of foot rail although I selected the proper color.

M
12:11 pm EST

Zulily Packaging

Ordered two (2) separate quilt sets...one full/queen, one queen. First one came in..supposed to be queen..they sent me king. Received credit for it and I kept it..I made it work, BUT, the full/queen came in as a "queen" for my other bed which is a full size. No way I was going to make that work. I called and was told they would not credit me..I had to return it.
Always wanted to get merchandise from Zulily only because everything looked so nice, BUT I will never again. I consider this to be false advertising. Either you have what I want or you don't You have my cell #..a simple call would have been much appreciated. I would have said either yes or no, that's all.
I do NOT recommend them and I will tell my friends and family NOT to buy from them unless they want to receive the wrong merchandise!
(order #'s 8115580 & [protected], name: Martha Cardenas)

4:45 pm EDT

Zulily Trying get someone’s attention

So I made [review comments] in "review item" and vented out because "I want what I order." Some items where requested in August. I've been patient until now. Under Order Status it shows that such item was already delivered and that's when I hit the roof. I have no patience when there is FRAUD. I follow all the suggestions given on the Zulily site to no avail. To make matters worst when I called Help Center at. 1-877-724-0535 an answering machine with male voice says..."the person you're trying to reach at this time is not abatible [whatever] try your call again later ..." click and then the same male voice says something in a foreign language and then ... click ... repeat the same thing again in English. So it's nothing but a loop recording.

8:23 pm EDT

Zulily 16 items missing on order placed june 15

I would like to know where is my order from june15th.
You claim ups picked it up... Ups doesn't have it, as tracking order is not theirs.
I stay on the phone for an hour and a half,.
2 notifications this week says arrival. July 10th before 9pm.
July 11th, again call, now, no one knows where package is, with 3 different people spoken to, with 3 different zulily reps, still no one can give me an answer.
Now I can't even expect a deliver till after july 24th!
Out of 20 items ordered, june 15th. I received 4 items, and a large [censored] razor.
Which no can explain!
Yet, you charged my card, june 15th immediately
On the phone, I find out ups doesn't have it, that usps has taken it over, without any notifications, still on "orders" tab track package, blue bar ups!
What gives you the right to falsify shipping, I paid for., now no one is responsible!
So, after this frustrating hunt, im out of over $300 worth of merchandise, that none of you [censored]s can find, 3 1/2 weeks later. You have fraudulently mailed this with another shipping company without my knowledge, and certainly got your money the minute the order was placed, and I have nothing!
I own my own business, and know this is theft and fraud. So I will take appropriate action and on every public forum, will state your company's unlawful business practices. To settle this matter; find my package!
Do not charge items until shipped. Keep customers informed of 2-3 month delivery time at the time of placing order. Do not deceive customers of who they shipping with. We pay for shipping, in good faith, they are responsible from pick up to delivery. Customers have no recourse if you have packages transferring from shipping companies, to shipping companies.

B
7:58 am EST

Zulily emails

Hi
l have received an item from zulily which was broken on arrival, i have sent 7 emails all to your various email addresses on your site but none of them are accepting my emails, they keep coming back saying emails are having work done or something, very annoying, making a phone call from england would be far too expensive,
order no [protected] wooden santa
mrs susan watson

this item came in 3 peices totally broken, i need to know how to send this item back and get a refund please.

5:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily not a family friendly website any more... foul language all over the website!

I started noticing a couple of years ago or so the use of foul language started showing up on products such tees, mugs, tea towel, etc. ( The "S" word) Gradually, the "F" word started showing up sporadically and now it is everywhere all the time. Your web site used to be family friendly and sad to say, it no longer is. Oh, I forgot the "B" word too, what might be next, the "C" word?
Also, I noticed when you first started selling "Personal" products the pictures were discreet and now you are actually showing pictures of some of the items on the main page. I have to ask, "What's Next?"
I hope your site decides to get off this slippery slope. You have great products, great prices, AND AWSOME CUSTOMER SERVICE! I would hate to stop using your shopping site, but I will if this trend is not reversed.

4:16 pm EDT

Zulily kate spade sunglasses

Received item damaged. Says non returnable. Damaged item and paid $50 for them. Would like my money back. I cannot afford to pay that much money and have nothing but damaged item to show for it. I shop with Zulily often and have never had to complain.. But due to this item I am not happy with their site. Will be very care with my next orders and what I do order from them.

Zulily Customer Reviews Overview

Zulily is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products for women, children, and home. The website has received positive reviews for its unique and affordable products, as well as its user-friendly interface and customer service. Customers appreciate the daily deals and flash sales, which offer significant discounts on popular brands and products. Zulily's selection of clothing, accessories, and home decor is diverse and constantly updated, ensuring that customers can always find something new and exciting. The website's mobile app is also highly rated, allowing customers to shop on-the-go and receive notifications about new sales and products. Overall, Zulily is a great option for those looking for affordable and trendy products, with a focus on women and children's fashion.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Zulily contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Zulily?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Zulily Customer Service. Initial Zulily complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Zulily above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Zulily. Discuss the issues you have had with Zulily and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.