Zoosk Dating Website / false advertising - not free site

Toronto, ON, Canada Review updated:

I had just deleted my profile on Plenty of Fish dating site when I was re-directed to join a new one called Zoosk. They said it was free so I set up my profile. I soon found out that I could not send messages or read any sent to me without subscribing. I've tried to e-mail them to ask about it, but because I'm not a subscriber they say they don't have the staff to deal with everyone's comments. Catch 22. So basically, I was stuck. I found it very frustrating as I found someone I really wanted to connect with and I couldn't unless I paid up. I would never use Zoosk again. Their advertising is false and I'm annoyed with Plenty of Fish that they put me on to them. Now I get bombarded with promotional e-mails from them. I don't believe that they have so many millions of subscribers as they say. They should be taken down!

Comments

• Sh
      Jun 04, 2011

I absolutely agree. I just wasted an hour of my life setting up an account, writing my "story, " blah, blah. Someone winked me and sent me a message right away. Really? At 2:30 in the morning? That's when I found out that I can't actually read his message until I pay. Really? It's free to set up an account and browse profiles. Well, what good is that? I agree that's false advertising to say the site is free. I may have paid to use the site, if that's the mindset I was in going into it. To be tricked or "forced" into paying is beyond the pale. Zoosk is on my list of places to avoid and to spread the word on.