Menu

reviews & complaints

PeekYou.com Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
7 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with PeekYou.com at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for PeekYou.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of PeekYou.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

PeekYou.com complaints 7

Sort by:

Newest PeekYou.com reviews & complaints

D
1:54 pm EST

PeekYou.com Davietta Beyans info

I have opted out of peekyou.com one million times; I have asked them to take me off their site and to stop using my name as an SEO to sell my info and my sister, but they attach my name to other individuals with the last name Beyan so that they can continue to sell my information. I even have emails opting out. I am going to report this company to the FTC. Also, I will see what type of legal action I can pursue against this company

Desired outcome: I would like you to leave me alone and stop selling inaccurate information about me

View 0 more photos
12:50 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

PeekYou.com Violation of my privacy

Hello,
I have tried to contact peekyou.com several times in vain. I did not consent or authorize them to publish my private information on their website including my names, age address, relatives etc.
I am not able to reach them via phone and the emails I have sent go unanswered. I have tried the opt-out option but nothing changes.

Can someone do something about this? The only option left is to file a lawsuit against them if they don't respect my privacy. All other companies I have contacted have responded and deleted my data.

This is not just offensive but a disregard to one's privacy per paw.

S

Desired outcome: Delete my data and respond to my emails.

A
1:03 pm EDT

PeekYou.com Inaccurate information about me

Info on me that is inaccurate and my address is 112 First Street, Fredericksburg VA 22405 and my name is Ashley Rebecca Nave. I'm want my personal information removed.
Plus I want to know what what data from info on about me about court records, and crime that are inaccurate. I have never committed serious crimes, and dealt with court date issues to begin with.

Read full review of PeekYou.com and 1 comment
1 comment
Surb
Sterling, VA, US
Oct 22, 2021 12:51 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am equally frustrated. I am contemplating a lawsuit if they don't delete my data.

Is PeekYou.com legit?

Our verdict: PeekYou.com's legitimacy, as determined by Complaints Board, strikes a balance between trust and caution. This nuanced position suggests that while PeekYou.com may operate with some level of legitimacy, users are strongly advised to undertake their own verification processes, reinforcing the call for a cautious but informed interaction.

PeekYou.com earns 58% level of Trustworthiness

Average Trust Update: PeekYou.com assessed by Complaints board with 58% credibility. Caution advised for personal and financial details.

Peekyou.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows PeekYou.com website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Peekyou.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up PeekYou.com and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• PeekYou.com protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to PeekYou.com. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  • Our analysis of PeekYou.com's website indicates that there are elements on the site that are commonly found on scam sites. It is important to be cautious and conduct thorough research before providing any personal information or making any payments on the website.
  • Peekyou.com may be a potential scam or fraudulent website. It's important to take caution, red flags such as unsolicited emails or messages, requests for personal or financial information, unrealistic promises or guarantees, and poor website design or functionality.
10:23 am EDT

PeekYou.com my photo is uploaded without even using this app

Why is this website uploading my pictures in the google search without even considering the members and from this website which I have never used this is really ridiculous and misbehavior iam very disappointed with this kind of behavior and who gave u the permission to upload a photo in the google search with the user name I want you people to remove the photo from the google search as soon as possible.

C
9:04 am EDT

PeekYou.com Poor customer service

I used www.peekyou.com, but I was really upset with it. I wanted to remove my personal info from different websites and the agent explained me how to do it. Also I wanted to remove it from their website, but when I tried to contact the customer services, all emails were returned back to me and no one replied to my phone calls. Maybe someone has ideas what to do now and how to contact the owner. Please post your comments and ideas.

8:04 am EDT

PeekYou.com Worst people search site ever

Worst people search site ever! The phone number doesn't work on the website and you can't get in touch with anyone in customer service. I have done what the website says to remove my personal information from other websites and they won't remove my info they just send you an email saying "we manually updated your information" okay well I didn't tell you to do that I told you to remove my information. They don't answer your questions and just give you the run around. They have an F on BBB and our not BBB ACCREDITED! This site is owned by Michael Hussey and all the websites he owns have a F rating. Go ahead try to remove your info by contacting them. Better yet call the number on the BBB site and it rings and then goes blank. They can blast your information, phone number, but trying to call them is not allowed.

Read full review of PeekYou.com and 2 comments
2 comments
F
F
FuriousSB
, US
Jul 15, 2018 10:03 pm EDT

AGREED! Peekyou and Michael Hussey, 2 names that mean the same as scumbagscamartist. Need class action suite for damage this guy causes. You can opt out, they claim you are removed but they still keep your info showing... info they took from other search companies that have removed you! People at peekyou are total idiots!

imagine909
, US
Jan 05, 2013 2:01 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Agree completely. Been trying unsuccessfully to at least have them update their pages about me, since they display personal info that I've seen had removed, and I can't get more than an auto-response from them.

The owner Michael Hussey is a class A jerk. He has time to tweet all day but can't have someone follow up on my simple request to update the pages that have old info on me. And this is AFTER I took the steps to Opt-out in the way his website tells you to.

I've also personally messaged Michael Hussey on Facebook to no avail. Should be illegal what ### like him does.

A
3:16 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I did not authorize MYSpace or PeekYou to post a personal photo or any of my private information online. I had everythig checked for Myspace for complete proivacy but my photo and personal info in on Peekyou and I want it removed.

Read full review of PeekYou.com and 5 comments
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

PeekYou.com contacts

Website

www.peekyou.com

Most discussed PeekYou.com complaints

privacy violation
(opinions to this review)

Elevating the Voice of the Consumer