Zales / beware

My wife turned a new diamond ring into Zales to have it sized and three weeks later, we still have yet to see the ring. We fear it may be damaged beyond repair and their subcontract jeweller may be trying to cover his mistakes. We receive daily phone calls regarding delays in the shipping of the diamond they LOST and the replacement for the other one they BROKE!?

I am tired of the excuses and delays and no one at Zales seems to care about the emotional toll this is taking on my wife and the repeated trips to the mall to get them to fix their mistakes.

I sent a firm e-mail to their customer "service" and I have not received a response from them which does not surprise me, even though I threatened litigation if the ring is unserviceable due to their carelessness.

So, if you live in Utah, DO NOT SHOP at Zales or have repair and service work done on your jewellery if you want a smooth, painless experience.

Va

Comments

• Ni
      9th of Sep, 2008

the same thing happened to me...when i gave my ring to be resized they changed the diamond and gave me back...i challenged them about the exchange and i was right...number encrypted on the diamond and the certificate didnot match...the regional manager accepted the mistake and promised me to give a good quality ring but all their promises are meant to be broken...after all the stress and time spent after months they gave me another option to take back my money...thats it they are not going to do anything...

30th of Dec, 2009

My brother and his fiance ordered their wedding bands 2 1/2 months in advance. They planned on having them engraved before the wedding. Zales ordered the wrong bands!!! So, they had to not only get married with the wrong wedding bands, but now they have to turn them in and wait for the right ones to come in. That is just bull! On what was supposed to be one of the most memorable days of their lives, they had to deal with the extreme disappointment of being unable to get married with the bands that they will wear for the rest of their lives.