Complaints & Reviews

wrong and damaged ring

My experience with Zales had brought me nothing but stress, disappointment and so much dismay. It took me roughly five years to save for a ring upgrade and just ended up with so much disappointment. I'm the type that more often than not, does research before purchasing a product. Thinking that Zales is a reputable company, I skipped the research and went straight to purchase, which is probably one of the biggest mistakes that I've ever made in consumer history. The ring that I bought and fell in love with was a 1CT Bridal set ring that consisted of 1 engagement ring and 1 matching wedding band with a 1/3 CT center stone size Marquise cut diamond accented by 20 princess cut diamonds in a wax setting from Zales.com. After so much anticipation, my packaged arrived as scheduled BUT to my surprise, I received a wrong and damaged Ring! I got 1 ring with a princess cut center stone in a prong setting with 2 missing diamonds on one side. I was so furious, took pictures of everything and drove right away to the closest retail store with the items in its original fed ex box including copies of my transaction receipts and a print out of the product specification with photo of the original ring that I bought. I showed it all to the store manager and sales person. They have processed the return and advised me that I should receive a refund in 2 days. What ticked me more was the store manager even had the audacity to ask me why I didn't go to their store to buy, as if blaming me for the faulty product I received. None of the Zales personnel apologized to me but instead the store mgr. tried to sell other jewelry to me in store. I already filed a formal complaint to better business bureau about my issue and will wait till I get a resolution. I don't understand why Zales can get away with this? After my horrible experience, I have started to read about horror stories of other consumers with Zales. I wish I have read the warnings earlier and saved myself from the misery. I hope someone will conduct an investigation considering the volume of people experiencing similar horror stories and most importantly, I hope I will be able to help and warn someone with my experience.

AgCc Sep 24, 2010

@Stealth Pilot: Glad that I got one of my points across. Thank you for pointing out some more valid points for others to contemplate on but I just wanted to clarify that while your guess of a "mix-up" as an explanation to what might have happened to my order, may or may not be true, it is important for everyone to note that whether I have done any research or not, I should have received the correct item (as specified and advertised) that I purchased. When I bought the rings, I did not pay the seller less than what they asked and I paid them on time. I fulfilled my end as a buyer therefore, they should do the same. It was unnecessary to subject me with stress, unnecessary use of my time as well as the gas expense for their mistake. This is my main complaint.

At this day & age, with the popularity of online shopping, I think that any one, retailer or consumer, recognizes the associated risk in web purchases. Considering the economic turmoil, most businesses survive because of consumer trust & the related factors to sustain it. In short, it was my choice to buy the diamond online without seeing it. I had placed my trust to Zales that they will give me the item I paid for as they have attested, described and advertised. And secondly, of course, I am planning to get the ring appraised by a different jeweler to make sure that the specification is correct. Needless to say, any seller will be breaking federal regulations, consumer laws and civil rights for false advertising, deception and the like and anyone considering the value of their purchase should be smart enough to verify and confirm. It's like buying a diet soda (poor comparison to diamonds but don't want to use any brand names), I wouldn't be able to tell if the calories and ingredients are as what they say in the nutrition facts. I only rely on 3rd party independent certified testing experts or agencies who conducts the research and reports to say it is. And if I bought a diet soda, I expect to receive a unopened diet soda, not water or an opened juice box. Who wouldn't get disappointed if they didn't get what their hard earned money paid for? Just because Zales had poor reviews does not give them an excuse to not deliver the correct goods and it is also not a fair reason for me to be satisfied if they give me a different thing just because people commented that they are that way. My disappointment is obviously still prevalent.

Your point about Zales' online and retail store has some truth. I know this not only because of Zales but it is the same for any major retailer too. My order was shipped from TX, the retail store I went to is in CA. However, regardless of office locations or employees, online or retail store, Zales.com and Zales is one company/corporation. Why else would they say in their return policies that I can return the merchandise to their retail store? SO, online merchant mistake or not, they both hold the same responsibility to their patrons or any consumer. They adhere to the same company policies and standards, therefore, they should deliver an appropriate customer service for errors that any of their team makes. But just to clarify, I didn't take out my frustration at the store's sales clerks nor with the store manager. Although, I did express a dismayed tone while speaking, I cannot deprive myself of that. I was civil despite the horrible experience. I believe that some things just can't be resolved in aggression and most of the time it's really counterproductive, which is why they quickly acted on processing my return. My comment towards how I was treated by the store manager were my thoughts and annoyed feelings at the time. My issue just happened yesterday, I will post an update if they resolve ever resolve it.

Bottom line, I will be more wiser in making big purchases like this one. I waited five years to be reminded of a life lesson. So my advise, don't repeat other people's mistakes. Avoid them! If I may emphasize it again, a smart shopper does his/her research and know your rights.

AgCc Sep 24, 2010

You don't have to convince me of my mistake, I already blatantly admitted from the beginning. Although I respect your constructive opinions, referring to your statement "I do not think your time or aggravation are such that you should have come here to complain." - any one has the right to express their own dissatisfaction, discomfort and annoyance if deemed unjust. It's the reason for complaint boards, this is another tool to get your message across to the entity or person you are complaining about and to people who might be able to relate. I personally can't measure any person's level of aggravation and I wouldn't judge because I do respect their rights. So In my situation, Out of $ + No Ring + Poor customer service = merits for my cause to complain.

This will be my last comment on the matter. I have said my piece. I appreciate your input and responses to my situation. You show good knowledge in Jewelry-related problems and seem to make responsible, wise choices in purchases (based on your answers), which makes your posts a good read.

AgCc Sep 29, 2010

I take no offense on your comment. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Anyway, the 2 days refund? more like 30 days! and if I don't get it in 30 days, the rep said to call them so turns out it's my responsibility to remind them! their reason? because of the volumes of packages they receive each day (hundred to thousands). So basically, I give their company props for being able to legitimize keeping people's money for 30 days, earning a month's interest on it while the unknowing customers pay for interest on their credit cards for a merchandise that's no longer in their possession. Simple math just imagine, the potential $ they could earn for 1000 people due for a refund. Maybe this would explain the free shipping! Price to pay for their 100 days return policy. Argh! hate that I got blinded with the glitz of that ring. I wish for this horror to end!

AgCc Sep 29, 2010

I take no offense to your comment. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

lost policy book

I bought my diamond earrings that were only sopppose to be 400 I ended paying 7oo and I dont even know why. My earrings had a small black spot and now I recently misplaced the policy handbook and now they wont clean or check them for me when in fact im sure they have record to top it off I didnt know I paid for this policy they dont tell you. Please dont spend your money here. Bad customer service

• Ki
    KixStar May 30, 2010

I don't understand how you went to buy $400 earrings and ended up spending $700 without understanding why. That's not even logical. $300 is not a small chunk of change.

• Ki
    KixStar May 30, 2010

Irish... is that you? :P

• Li
    Ling Chi May 30, 2010

Hahah! BlackIrish pointing out grammatical errors. Pot or kettle?

will not refund money for a returned item

I pray that you will be able to assist me in getting back my money from Zales Jewelers! I have tried repeatedly to work this out unsuccessfully and not sure where to turn at this point.

I am a truck driver and therefore in different cities from day to day. This past September 2009 was my 16th wedding anniversary. On August 30, 2009, Istopped at a Zales store and purchased a ring for my wife for our anniversary. The total purchase price was $175.28 which I put on my Zales account. The account number is [protected]. The receipt for this purchase is attached and labeled as Purchase 1.

A couple of days later, in another city, I again stopped at a Zales store and found a more expensive ring that I liked better. This was on September 3, 2009. That receipt is attached labled as Purchase 2. I returned the ring that I purchased on 8/30 and put the more expensive ring on my account.

On Purchase 2 receipt it clearly shows a total purchase of $658.10. This is for the 2nd ring with the discounts, protection plan and tax. The receipt then shows a Total Return (which was the ring that he purchased on 8/30 and returned) of $175.28. This brought my Net amount due to $482.82.

My Zales statement shows a Balance of $658.10. This account had a zero balance previous to these two transactions. That balance of 658.10 is the Total Purchase prices on Receipt 2 BEFORE the return of $175.28. The statement then goes on to show both purchases. You will notice for the first purchase that it shows Previous Balance of $175.28, then Payments & Credits of -$175.28 and ends with Plan Balance of $175.28.

Zales uses Citicorp for their accounts. They have charged me for both rings and will not refund me for the return. I can't speak to anyone at Zales but instead they refer me to Citicorp. Citicorp receives all of the information that I have provided to you in the attachment and continues to tell me that they did credit me for the $175.28. I actually get very rude customer service from them because they are acting like I have stolen a ring from them. They keep sending me the copy of the receipt from the first purchase showing the initial ring purchase as if to say that I bought the ring, why am I now asking for the money back. Then they tell me that they did credit the money.

I have already paid off this statement in full in the amount of $658.10. Zales owes me a refund of $175.28 and I don't want it in a store credit because I will never purchase from them again because of this incident.

I, Dion Alston, with Zales account #[protected] give you full premission without restriction and no liability to contact Citicorp and/or Zales to assist in rectifiying this matter for me.

My address is: 1618 Bradmere Lane, Lithia Springs, GA 30122. My phone number is [protected] or you can call my wife at [protected].

PS. My wife loved the ring that I gave her. (She never saw the first ring) After a couple of months however, one of the small diamond stones fell out of the ring. She took the ring to the Zales store near where we leave to send it off for repair. I can't express to you enough how much trouble she had even in this instance. The ring was sent back with a grayish, smaller diamond that didn't match the other diamonds in the set. When my wife pointed this out to the sales lady (Betty at Arbor Place Mall in Douglasville, GA), the lady snatched the paperwork that my wife had from her hand, displeased that she was going to have to send the ring back off for a seond repair. The reason why the ring came back with an incorrect stone, was that this sales lady had sent the ring in with the information from the receipt for the first ring that I purchased and returned.

My wife now has her ring and it looks good, but the fight that we have been through and are still going through has deminished the sentimental value that the anniversary ring should have had.

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Dion B. Alston

• Ml
    mlshep Jul 20, 2010

Dion, I sure hope you closed that account of yours before you plastered it on the net. I would like to help. I used to work for a retail credit card company. if you can post your email, i can email you. thanks.

• Ml
    mlshep Jul 20, 2010

I think my comment didnt come thru earlier. i'm upset. Dion, when you returned the 1st ring, was there a seperate salescheck# for the return? if not, then you are not due any credit. a lot of times the sales clerk is lazy and will do 2 transactions into one. they should have returned the first ring by itself, and then rung the 2nd ring by itself. you had mentioned that they only charged you the "NET" difference of 482.82. the total ring is 658.10. unless you paid 175.28, then you do owe the credit card company 175.28. they just added the first ring and then difference between the two ring 482.82 to get total of $685.10. make sense? at the end you should have paid out of cash to the credit card company 658.10. and not 482.82 b/c the ring is worth 658.10 not 482.82. make sense?

bait and switch scam

Purchased a tennis bracelet that was in a display, clearly priced $99. after it was paid for, was told that was not the $99. bracelet it's a $2k, bracelet and we can't sell it to you, the money was already taken from my account, I then owned the bracelet, who puts a $2k bracelet in a $99 display? I received no comment from the customer service department of Zales. Incompetent and inept sales staff. I wrote a detailed letter to the customer service department and several weeks have gone by with no response, with the way our economy is now, this business can afford to lose Customers this way?

• Ta
    TasR44 Dec 15, 2009

DO NOT DO BUISNESS WITH ZALES.COM OR ZALES DIMAOND JEWERLY AS THEY WILL RUIN YOUR CREDIT SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO RETURN ANY OF THE ITEMS YOU BUY!!!

• Mi
    Miles72 Feb 08, 2010

Zales has a 100 day return policy. Why don't you just return the $99 tennis bracelet. I think your angle is to get the 2k bracelet for $99. There can sometimes be a slim difference, visually, between a $99 bracelet and a $1999.
    I think there is more to your story than you are sharing.

• Mi
    milkshakesthecat Feb 24, 2010

If the $2, 000 bracelet was listed at $99, then legally, Zales must sell it to you at that price. I would report them to the BBB and to the police.

engagement ring

My husband bought engagement ring from zales. He requested it to have in yellow gold as they didn't have it at that time only white one. The store manager promised it would be done in a week. It was done. Six month later we started to look up for band, friend of ours offered help saying he knows a guy who can do it for us. When he so my engagement ring he was able to tell right away that it is a sprayed yellow gold on top of white one and they didn't even mentioned to us. We went to zales, they offered to exchange it, refused to give money back and info that that guy who sold us the ring no longer with them. I do not want anything from this store and would never buy it again.

• Li
    Litttle Nicky Jul 14, 2010

I have had a similar experience with them, after 8 years of being together my now husband decided that we needed to get our wedding set. total that day we spent over 1500 on both of our ring. I got a white gold ring that was very pretty which I can only wear for about 2 months before the whole ring is yellow. Every 2 months I now have too take it in and have it "dipped" and be with out it for a month each time I take it in to do this. I have talked with them about the ring turning yellow only to get a response of either there is no such thing as "white gold" or its the Chemicals in my skin. every one of my friends have a piece of jewelry that is white gold that they wear 24/7 to never have it change colors on them. Bottom line, your not alone and I will never do business with Zales again unless its too get my ring "dipped" and thats only until we can afford to get a whole new set someplace better

• St
    Stre-hee-lees Feb 17, 2012

We are experiencing the same situation as the two of you. I have a Celebration Engagement ring, 18K band with a 1.25 CT. Princess cut diamond solitaire. Zales states that the ring is "white gold." I believe the ring is 18K yellow gold, and when times changed and white gold became more and more popular, they had it rhodium dipped so the ring would sell. In a year, my ring had to be dipped 4-5 times to maintain the white gold look. And I KNOW THERE IS "NO" SUCH THING AS WHITE GOLD, but I do have other white gold rings, that I wear "ALL" the time that have NEVER turned even the slightest bit yellow, EVER! My husband spent $6500 on my engagement ring from Zales, and also purchased 2 diamond bands, at $900 each, and we bought his wedding ring there for $450. We were honest, loyal customers that Zales betrayed, by selling us an engagement ring, knowing the ring posessed qualities that didn't match my wedding rings, color wise. We are very embarrassed when friends & family want to look at my rings. We have returned to Zales many many times, only to hear, "it's the chemistry of my skin changing the rings, " but NONE of my other rings have changed, or they say, "it must be the chemicals I use when doing housework, " ha ha, but, low & behold I don't do housework, or I've heard, "it's from my rings rubbing together, " although I've only been married since August 2011! It's just another BS line, to get me to GO AWAY, I'm sure! I'm NOT stopping until they do something about it for me, I AM NOT SETTLING AFTER SPENDING ALL THAT MONEY WITH THEM!! Thanks for listening while I vent about the WORST JEWELRY STORE AROUND...ZALES...THUMBS DOWN ALL THE WAY!! DO-----NOT-----GO-----TO-----ZALES-----EVER-----TRUST ME, PLEASE!!!

stolen wedding ring

Took my ring to Zales to be re-sized & when I returned in 3 weeks to pick it up I was informed that my wedding ring was stolen off the delivery truck & not to worry b/c they'd "already reordered a new stone" & blah blah blah "standard procedure"

My husband & I are furious b/c of their easy going could care less attitude regarding sentimental value of the ring in addition to the fact that they called to order a replacement w/o so much as a phone call to me letting me know what happened. I found out when I arrived at the store a day after the promise date to be told. The manager was more concerned with the stores loss and minimized my $3500 ring as it was only one of 20 pieces stolen.

We have since went above his head to the regional manager & currently have been given the option to simply take the replacement ring with no acknowledgement of wrong doing, or take cash close to $1000 less than what we paid for the ring. I am mortified. I don't know what to do. My wedding ring is gone & either I take a look-alike or cash to buy a cheaper ring elsewhere, or of course contact a lawyer...To be continued. DO NO BUY ZALES.

they ruin credit scores

Make sure to read this before you decide to purchase any item requiring financing at zales or zale...

jewelery services

After dealing with this company for many years (since Parent's engagement), in order to size a ring it's taking now 2 to 3 weeks. Where in the world is the customer service! If anyone needs a fast service pretty much, it may end up having their purchase after 3 weeks and in the worst case 4. I can not understand where are the jewelers?. What happen with the customer service...why others stores in the same mall give a faster service and these times where you need to think twice before buying ...Zales defenetely need to act if they want our bussiness.

• Je
    jewelerdude Apr 02, 2010

absolutely!!! I worked for Zales for 14 years, in the store as a bench jeweler, handling all their repairs and custom work. Most of my repairs had a 3-5 day turnaround!! That was back when they still used local jewelers to do their repair work. they have since fired most, if not all local jewelers, and they send their repairs off to a consolidated repair facility full of half trained jewelers. Don't trust zales or any other big chain jewelry store to do your repair work. find a good trustworthy local jeweler! Sorry for your horrible experience.

thats my 2 cents worth

terrible craftmanship

So this is my story... October 22nd, 2009 my then boyfriend proposed to me, making me the happiest girl ever. The ring was stunning!!! A beautiful round main stone, with three rows of 8 pavè diamonds on either side of the main stone, as well as tiny diamonds surrounding that. Not knowing my size, he purchased the ring from the store and did not special order it (nor was that recommened by the salesman). He had a larger higher quality diamond put in the ring. The main diamond is now uncentered, the day after I recieved it a pavè set diamond fell out and needless to say I was not impressed. I did not make a huge deal out of it however because I still needed to send it out to be sized. The ring's standard size was a 7 and I am a 5.5. I brought my ring to the store on November 7th, 2009 for the sizing and the diamond replacement and got it back November 18th, 2009. That night I wore it for maybe and hour before I took it off to go to bed. The next morning driving to work I realized that I was missing ANOTHER diamond this was around 8am. Then by 9am I realized I was missing yet ANOTHER diamond! By now I am furious and call Zales. The manager "Rick" told me to bring my ring in Saturday the 21st and the jeweler will fix it while I wait. So I bring the ring in and wait 2.5 hours to get my ring back, leave the mall and get 5 minutes down the road and 2, yes 2 more diamonds fall out. I head back to the store and the jeweler says he has no more diamonds to put in it and I have to leave it there. So I do and in the mean time I special ordered the same ring in my size, since the re-sizing of the ring obviously compromised the settings. So I make sure to tell him that I want the damaged ring back before Thanksgiving, so I can show it off to all my family. I picked it up November 24th only to find that the jeweler could not get any of the diamonds to stay in it. So now its December 1st...I have an engagement ring with 8 missing diamonds, I am furious and I am patiently waiting for my new ring. If ordering a new ring does NOT solve my problem, I will take it to another level. I will NEVER buy anything from Zales again in my life. The salesman and the jeweler should have both realized that the integrity of the ring would be compromised if sized and a new ring should have been ordered therefore avoiding this mess. This ring needs to be a special order ONLY. It is insane to me that this would happen...my engagement has turned into a stressful hassle, not what any bride to be wants. I hope this helps in your decision.

• Ug
    UghhtheAnger Nov 30, 2009

Here is a picture of the ring

• Ug
    UghhtheAnger Nov 17, 2010

So it's me again, Special Ordered ring, still the SAME problem. Since receiving my custom ordered ring in January 2010, I've lost 4 diamonds. I am DONE with Zales, and their horrible craftsmanship. They should be ashamed of themselves.

watch repair

It's amazing how in thi economy, companies are willing on losing a clientel. My $1000 watch fell onto...

diamond chipped during soldering

Brought my wedding ring set in for checkup. All was signed off and it was perfect. Less than 2 weeks later, brought in that same set for them to solder on my anniversary band. It was also to be dipped in white gold. It was returned with a chip in the center stone under a prong. They tell me this AFTER I sign & put on my ring to leave. Manager blamed chip on my misuse of my ring (poor customer service) but finally agreed to replace the stone using the same jeweler cuz he can do it quickly and NOT through the diamond bond which takes 6-8 weeks. I got it back today and my two side stones are now milky!!! One of them has so many flaws of milky like areas that it's embarrassing to wear.

The clerk said she knows my stones were not flawed like that when I came in originally. Manager was called but I only left with a complaint phone number. The clerk was so upset how the manager was not allowing her to help me.

I want to know what the jewler was doing under a prong or having a diamond loose in order to solder & dip my set! he had no business having my diamond loose out of the prong. How can he change out ALL of my diamonds with cheap stones but put down on paper that he changed out one? The clerk was even going to write a statement but she got yelled at by the mgr and she said she couldnt.

I feel robbed!!!

• Ro
    RobMarc Dec 03, 2009

Guess what. If a diamond chipped during repair, IT WASN'T A REAL DIAMOND.

ridiculous service

I recently had heard that Zales was closing a large number of stores, reportedly as a result of a decrease in sales due to the economy. However due to the ridiculous service I have recently received from one such store, I have no doubt their deficiency in customer service must be why all the closures have occurred. Had I heard such news prior to my purchase I would have taken my business elsewhere and though this was my first purchase from Zales it will certainly be my last.

On July 27th I purchased a ring from the Zales store in The Woodlands Mall in The Woodlands Texas. I will have to say at that time the staff was very helpful. When I purchased the ring I bought the additional warranty (which has proven to be the only saving grace with this store). I gave the ring to my fiancé on Thursday July 30th and she loved it, well for the little time she has had it. She took it in on Saturday morning, August 1st, to have it sized and the staff member who helped her advised her that the jeweler only picked up on Saturday, Tuesday & Thursday. They advised her that while she had gotten the ring there prior to pick up for that Saturday it would not be back to the store until late Tuesday evening and would not be available for pick-up until Wednesday August 5th. Furthermore she was given a receipt with a printed promise date of [protected]. I contacted the store on the morning of Wednesday August 5th to confirm that the ring was in fact ready, only to be told that it was not picked up until Tuesday August 4th. Concerned I explained to the staff that it had been dropped off for sizing on Saturday August 1st and that she had been assured that it would be ready only to be told that they were sorry and didnt know what else to say but that it would not be back in the store until Thursday August 6th. On Thursday August 6th we returned to pick up the ring, surprised that it was actually at the store. Unfortunately that was not the end of this customer service nightmare. Upon receiving the ring it was notice that one of the diamonds on the side of the ring was missing!!! Of course the staff blamed it on the jeweler, which apparently Zales misrepresents themselves to be, saying that there was nothing they would be able to do and that it would have to again be sent to the jeweler. Despite their inability to accept responsibility and consistent with the staffs overwhelming talent for dodging customer satisfaction they assured that it would not be sent to the same jeweler and that they would not be using that particular jeweler anymore. It is good to know that this wont be the cause of the next customers issues with this store but I highly doubt it will be a significant enough contribution to allow for even mediocre service. They did however allow us to keep the ring and this point and told us we could just bring it in on Saturday because again they dont send jewelry that they sell and claim to service to the jeweler except on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. While it was nice enough to allow us to take additional time to bring the ring in a day later to send off, neither of us was going to be able to due to work commitments. The staffs solution? We could either leave it at the store at that time, during which time they went out of their way to point out that they would not accept responsibility for it while it was in their possession, or we could bring it in next Tuesday. Well the only prudent option to any intelligent person would be to bring it in on Tuesday since it was apparent they would not be able to guarantee that it would not be damaged seeing as it was while it was in for service. The ring was again returned to the store on the afternoon of Monday August 10th, a day earlier than requested since they had been unable to send it out on time the first time it was taken in. At that time they again falsely promised that it would be in the next Thursday, August 13th. All I can say at this point is that at least the staff had the decency to call on Thursday August 13th to say that it would not be in, again blaming a supposedly different jeweler. This time it was supposedly delayed because the jeweler had to order the diamond and it had not arrived yet. The consolation they provided was to exchange the ring or allow it to be returned, once it came back to the store!!! I did at this point become very upset with the women on the phone and was again given the standard Zales customer service line ofWell I dont know what else to tell you. On Saturday August 15, 14 days after it had initially been brought in just to be sized, I took a few minutes to call the store and again make sure that it would be in. I was absolutely shocked to learn that it again had not and would not be delivered, and would not be in until possibly next Tuesday, August 18th. Though I am filing this complaint with you (as well as the appropriate consumer assistance/advocacy providers) I hope that you can resolve this issue, ensuring that it is delivered on the 3rd date promised. While I doubt there is anything that can be done to keep my business and prevent me from actively recommending against purchasing from any Zales establishment, I would also like to ask that you do everything possible to ensure that this type of service is not the standard with your company and to investigate the possibility of implementing customer service training with your sales staff, at least at this particular store.

• Ab
    Abdullo Sep 10, 2009

I bought my custom made pendant and diamond chain from TraxNYC.com and really happy, the BlueNile will never have such a good pieces.
    www.TraxNYC.com is the best jewelry store!

• Dk
    DK-G Feb 03, 2011

Hi.
    I made a site to share your reviews and complaints with the jewel webshop TraxNYC.com
    In Nov.2010 i bought what i thought was a 10k Solid White Gold Franco Chain 30 Inches 5mm 53 Grams
    Item #:10296. For 1500$.
    I went to the best jeweler in my town, and they made a metal-test of it.
    They told me there was no gold in it at all.
    I read from multiple sites, that when/if you send your purchase back to TraxNYC.com
    You will not achieve anything else than loosing your product and money.
    Please write your exsperience with this company, so people can see the truth,
    and we together can end this scam and fraud.
    www.TraxNYCscam.com !
    Please go there and write your complaints and reviews, so we can stop this scam and help people !
    www.TraxNYCscam.com !

pricing scam

Zales can be shameless when it comes to getting customers by exaggerating the discount. Yesterday my fiance and I went into a Zales store to get wedding bands. For the one we got, price tag showed that the original price was $3, 579 and current price $1, 800. It was still expensive but we got it, thinking that the discount was too good to miss. Today we found from Zales' official online store that the original price of the same piece (same item number) is only $2, 500, $1, 000 less than what was on the price tag yesterday! We got lied to right in our face and this makes us question what Zales will not do in order to sell.

Also, when I called Zales customer service asking to know the reason behind the pricing difference, my call was cut off in an extremely rude way. All potential jewelry buyers, be cautious!

• Na
    nananabull Oct 26, 2009

i actaully worked for a zales store. On Xmass they had ur change the prices of the earings to like double and when they closed our store the gave us like a 2 day notice and did not transfer us. Many of thoose people were there for years very nice people to work with it is just the people in the higher positions that are unethical. If you find a cheeper price online print it out and they have to honor that price... Good Luck in your Jewlery shopping...

poor customer service!

We have had a Zales credit card now for about 5 months. We are never late on a payment, usually pay well before the due date. This month, we missed a payment by a week, due to recently moving, things being crazy, etc. It just slipped through the cracks. Zales customer service called my spouse and just reamed her out, yelling at her, asking her why she can't make her payments. Told my spouse she was more than a month behind. Total foolishness. She then threatened my spouse and told her if she doesn't make a payment immediately, she would cancel her account. The day this happened, I looked at our statement, and in fact, we were NOT A MONTH BEHIND! The payment was due on 8/7, the date this happened was 8/14. The customer service lady must have very poor math skills. Payment was made on 8/14...

terrible company

A few weeks ago my boyfriend thought it would be nice to buy me a gold diamond necklace from Zales as kind of a surprise. I wore the necklace for about two whole weeks and the gold stated to fade to my horror. It broke my heart because the necklace cost $800.00 and it was not even real gold, the diamond in the center of the pendant was only 3/8 carat when they assured him it was a full carat. My boyfriend had the best of intentions in mind and ended up heart broken as i showed him the fading gold. As anyone can imagine returning the necklace with me by his side was a little embarrassing for both of us. a warning to anyone looking for jewelry, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GO TO ZALES FOR ANYTHING!!! save yourself the heartache.

• Fr
    frances Jul 21, 2008

I purchased a diamond ring at Zales 5 minutes later the diamond fell out. Since then I have taken it to Zales to get repaired 4 times. I asked a Zales agent if I can upgrade the ring and invest more money into a better quality ring;I was told I could not do that. I recently had to take the ring to get fixed again, this time I went to another jewelry store for the repair. I was told the diamonds were being replaced with cubic zecornias and they were being glued back in. The jeweler making the repairs told me that he could not guarantee the repairs because the setting of the ring had been ruined. What am I suppose to do with this ring?

• Na
    nananabull Oct 26, 2009

your an idiot why would you make him feel bad if he had the best of intentions i would have returned it and said i lost it...

• Ar
    Arnold Dcaprio Jun 08, 2010

I AGREE WITH HER STATEMENT BECAUSE MOST OF THE ZALES, MAPPINS AND PEOPLES EMPLOYEES DON'T KNOW THE CORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT THEIR PRODUCT THEY SHOULD BE FIRED.

• Ar
    Arnold Dcaprio Jun 08, 2010

Few months ago i was in the jewelry store named Mappins at Marlborough Mall Calgary Alberta N.E. And the manager of the store gave me wrong information about the product and was being rude and very unprofessional. He sold me a one karat diamond, which was not a Canadian by saying that it was a Canadian Diamond and he also gave me a falsifying certificate for that product and i would really appreciate if anyone in Zale’s should take further action about this mislead information. The company should not have Managers who are abusive to the customers and he should have respect for the customers. I told him i will be complaining about this and he taunted me by saying "Yaya go ahead" he dealt with me in such a dreadful way in front of other customers and employees. I will NEVER EVER SHOP AT THIS STORE AGAIN AND I WILL MAKE SURE ANYONE I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO TO ANY ZALES STORE.

nozales Dec 12, 2011

My husband bought my wedding and engagement band together which cost almost $3, 000. Its was a 14k yellow gold with 1k diamond. 3 months later the gold started to fade! I have lots of god jewelry and this has never happened before although they are higher karat. We went back to the store a year later as i was living aboard. When we got there the sales man first he said my skin must have changed the ring???? i reminded him its GOLD and he said because its 14k there are metals then told us thats what happens with 14k as there are other metals its likely to fade. I didnt know much about 14k american gold so gave benefit of doubt and gave him to 'dip' in gold luckily my husband had lifelong warranty. When we got ring back it was bright yellow was very confused and hoped they secretly changed ring but a couple of months later it faded again! so i read up on it and found that even 14k, 9k what ever GOLD should NEVER fade. White gold can turn yellow as its natural gold colour. So this was NOT a gold ring! We went back to Zales and told assistant everything and new information therefore, they couldnt tell me BS. Then they look at receipt then computer and a rude sales women was like Oh its actually white gold! and we dipped it yellow because thats what your husband ordered!!! so they sold us a white gold ring and dipped it yellow instead of ordering it in yellow and have the nerve to say my husband was informed!!

We were shocked that she lied so blatantly and tried to make out like its no big deal we can order yellow gold now. We decided to wait for the manager and she apologised but they wouldnt give a refund as we dont trust their products anymore how can you lie to customers about what they purchased and be casual about it? If you buy yellow gold thats what you pay for NOT gold plated?? Anyway they have ordered both rings in 'real gold' but im going to have it valued independently to make sure. DONT BUY FROM ZALES who knows if its real gold Or diamond for that matter!

• Kl
    klcoconut Jul 31, 2012

I've had my ring since 2008. I've lost track of how many times accent diamonds have fallen out of my wedding ring. Sometimes they have fallen out days after I picked up my ring from being repaired. I have my stones checked every 6 months to keep my warranty current. I've also requested they send it to a different place to be repaired and that hasn't helped. Since it has to be sent out for repairs it usually takes two weeks to get my ring back. I feel like Zales has had my ring more then I've had it. I just got my ring back 3 days ago and I looked down at my ring tonight to see another diamond has fallen out. This is horrible and makes me so sad!

worst service ever!

This is the worst company i've ever dealt with as far as credit cards are concerned. My husband is military and they will refuse to speak to me (His wife) over the phone for anything, if he wants me to talk to them, he has to call every time to say I can speak to them, it's a temporary thing! Defeats the purpose of me calling if he's sitting here! We can never get straight information from them, the due date changes by 3-4 days every cycle. I can speak to one representative get one bit of information call back and get totally different information. Even when my husband calls, he gets the same thing!

They charge $14.99 to make a payment over the phone! Insane. A couple bucks, fine but $15! We've gotten a late fee every month on this credit card because we're told our payments cover certain things when they actually don't. This card / company is a total joke! I was speaking to a supervisor and he flat out told me " I have other customers to take care of i'm done speaking to you". This is the worst company ever! It's almost worth going back and returning my wedding set. If we still had a return policy on it, we would!

• Sp
    spomoe Sep 04, 2009

Zales has absolutely the worst customer service I have ever seen. I tried to make a payment online and, because I did not have the card with me to enter the numbers from the back, I was unsucessful. I tried to do the right thing and called customer service to make my payment. After they verified all of my personal information, including name, social security number, date of birth, and address, they told me they could not help me because I, again, did not have the numbers from the back of the card. They could, however, take my payment by phone for the small fee of $14.95. Wow! When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was connected with "Jennifer, " who immediately simply hung up the phone.
    I realize they outsource their accounts and the store's themselves have nothing to do with this poor service, but they need to realize it reflects very poorly on their image. I mailed a check in full and asked my account be closed. I will be complaining to any available source, whether it helps or not.
    People need to know this company allows their customers to be treated this way

• Yu
    yun-yang Feb 26, 2010

me too! their customer service representative was very rude..

• Pi
    PissedOffAsHell May 03, 2011

I agree. They are full of BS. I really want to cancel my card but don't want to mess up my credit. I paid my bill off but they were still charging me interest. Wtf? Talking about I still owe interest even though I paid my entire bill off. Don't get this card. I made the mistake because I wanted to build up my credit but got messed over. This has truly scared me away from ever getting another card. The sad thing is that we had the money to buy the rings on out and I'm no longer engaged. Nothing but BS. Never again.

poor customer service

Purchased pearl earrings and necklace for my wife. It was supposed to come with a certificate of authenticity and didn't. after 3 weeks, 3 e-mails and 5 phone calls I keep getting the same old story. We will call you in 2 days with an answer. They never call, I have to call them. I'm on my 3rd supervisor and I get the same story, she will call me in 2 days. I'm not holding my breath. I will never buy from them again or recommende them to anyone.
STAY AWAY FROM ZALES.

• D3
    d3v1lsadvocate Aug 29, 2009

Why did you leave the store when you purchased the items without the docs?? If you doubt the authenticity, you should not have left. YOUR FAULT.

• Je
    Jeffmozo Jan 04, 2011

I ordered a ring and 2 other items on Monday 12/12/10 online at Zales. All items were listed as available and guaranteed by Christmas. I got a call in the evening on 12/17/10 to inform me that the ring would not be available until mid Jan and if that would be OK. I stated that I had to have the ring by Christmas for my wedding anniversary. He apologized and said I could have 10% off of another item and by the way, the discount that I originally received because of the monetary amount (3 items) was reduced and I was informed that 1 of the items would not receive a discount at all (The discount was applied to the total originally). During the checkout, nothing indicated that some items were excluded and they don’t charge your card until it ships. So, you can’t really be sure what you are paying until it ships I guess.

Later that night after shopping wildly for an alternative, I called and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was placed on a torturous hold and then told that I could not wait for a supervisor because they needed to clear the line. I persisted and eventually spoke to a supervisor. I pointed out that by offering a 10% discount for the inconvenience was a joke. After removing the original discount and then offering 10%, I would come out the same. (What I really wanted was the item that I had spent a lot of time shopping for and selecting.) I got nowhere and was left with the impression that business is so good at Zales that they can afford to treat customers any way they want.

With only a week till Christmas, I had no choice but to select another item from Zales and to make it better I was required to place the order over the phone so they could review the account notes and straighten things out. Another half hour I will never get back. After placing my order, the Rep said she did not have the authorization codes to apply the discount and there was not a supervisor available; therefore she could not give me a total. She did assure me several times that the order would be shipped overnight through FedEx and my discount would be credited back to my card.

Today 12/21/10, I get an email showing the order was shipped 3 days later and you guessed it. It was not sent as overnight service. Instead it was sent as Express Saver with an estimated delivery of 7:00 pm on 12/23/10 (if all goes well). If I am not waiting at the door, I don’t know how I am supposed to get my hands on my order.

This has been a frustrating experience and I will never purchase from Zales again.

• Re
    Reviewer60656 Sep 02, 2015

Dear Zales,
      I am more than appalled at your Enfield CT location. I feel a great injustice has been done to me. Let me explain why I will never use your company ever again.
      I purchased a beautiful ring for my wife, the ring retailed at $5, 900 I also purchased the lifetime warranty on the ring as long as I maintain my cleanings and inspections every six months which I follow religiously. I have had three repairs done to the ring. The first repair was one of the stones cracked and was found during one of the inspections. They sent the ring out and said it will take two weeks for the repair to be made. Two weeks came and no call, three weeks came and no call, so I called and found out that it is a special repair and had to be sent to a special repair facility. I asked how much longer would it take, the girl said one week guaranteed, I said OK please call me if anything changes. A week went by and no call. Again I called and spoke to the manager he said well this is a special ring and requires special attention. I again was guaranteed one more week. I called two weeks later and spoke to the manager again who completely forgot I already spoke to him about this. He gave me the same story. I told him we had already had this conversation and he immediately clammed up it took a month and a half for a two week repair. I was upset no one contacted me.
      Repair number two. My wife recently had lost 140 lbs and had to have the ring re-sized from a 9.5 to a 6. They told us it would take 3 weeks and was completely covered by our warranty, great, I thought. Three weeks went by and no call. So again I called. I spoke to the same lady I dropped it off with and she said it is waiting for approval, I said you have my approval and she stated it was going to cost me $240 because they have to replace the entire “shank”, wow wait a minute I was told it was under warranty. Apparently they cannot re-size a ring more than three sizes and the band has to be replaced, so I spoke to the manager and after a great deal of effort he decided to only charge me the stores cost of $80 and it took two more weeks.
    Repair number three, by this time I was a loyal customer of Kays adjacent from Zales. And was getting her Zales ring cleaned and inspected along with three necklaces, a mothers day ring, and a pair of diamond studded earrings I had purchased from Kays. The gentleman at kays asked to see the ring knowing how upset with zales I was. I showed him the ring and he inspected and found a loose diamond, thats correct i just had it inspected by Zales and the guy at Kays found repair that was needed (Thank God for Kays) so I immediately brought it to Zales and spoke to the new manager and updated him on the repair that was needed and also about the many issues I have had with his company. He stated that is why the old manager was let go and that he uses a new company for repairs. So I dropped off the ring on July 13th and was told he would have it ready for me by august 3rd I also let him know we were leaving for vacation on august 22nd and if there was any delay to call me. Guess what august 3rd came and went. I called august 10th and spoke to a girl and she said its still at the repair shop and wasn't sure when it would be back, well after talking to her and asking for the corporate number she gave me the number to the repair center so I called them and they said my ring would not be ready until august 18th. I called the store on august 20th and they said “yep its been here since the 18th” it would have been nice to get

diamond ring

My husband bought me a ring 5, ooo dollar in year approx 1998. The diamond was suppose to be unique trillion...

ring

I was visiting my daughters in Ga. for mothers day and I recieved the most beautiful Mothers Day Ring. I put it on and my daughter wanted me to remove the ring from my finger so she could try it on and the band snapped and broke on the back side. My daughters were mortified. They had the whole family gathered around me and they were so embarresed. My daughter contacted Zales (she had ordered on line) and was told it had to be sent back and a refund would be sent to her but it would take 30 days. They also said that it could possibly be fixed at a Zales store but there could be charge!!!. This is rediculous. A $300 dollar ring and it lasted for 10 minutes.
I had heard good things about Zales but I am so shocked about this. There should be no shipping charged to my daughters or shipping back to me. I love the ring it is very different than any others I have seen and means so much to me. I have to give it back to my daughter and not have it back for 6 to 8 weeks. I just want someone to know about this. What can we do?

Dissapointed
Mary

• Lo
    lolgoog May 10, 2009

Apparently, you can send the ring back and get a refund.

what is the problem?

useless protection policy/resizing error

I bought my wife a diamond ring and cross and had, without being told the cost, 100 dollars added to the bill...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices