The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Woodforest National Bank / unspecified nsf charges

1 United States Review updated:

Woodforest national continues to charge my account with nsf charges for unspecified/unidentified attempts to withdraw money from my checking account. I am not notified of these attempts and if whom ever it is tries again, knowing there aren't funds from the first attempt to cover it, woodforest charges me again. This has happened 3-4 times and has added up to several hundreds of dollars each time. Isn't there a legal concern to such activities?

I'm on a fixed income and can not afford to give my money away to a billion dollor corporation. My livelyhood depends on every dollar that comes in. Ultimately, I want my money back, and I want that practice to be stopped immediately before they render me homeless again.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Sl
      28th of Aug, 2008
    0 Votes

    Go into the bank and request a copy of the transaction. They can provide you with a withdrawal slip or copy of the check, or show it to you on the computer screen. If that doesn't work, ask them to pull the cameras for the day and time the transaction occured. They can do that. Also, you can file a formal dispute. Go into the branch and tell them you want to dispute the transactions. If all that fails, call customer care. 1-877-968-7962. Also, you can go to a different branch to fill out a dispute if the one you're going to is being difficult, which they shouldn't be, and if they are you need to report this to customer care as well. There are things any teller or manager can do to help you if your complaint is legitimate. Have you filed a formal complaint? Have you spoken with a manager? Good luck :)

  • Ca
      22nd of Sep, 2008
    0 Votes

    How is the bank suppose to know you aren't trying to pull the money out? That's not their job.
    Go to the bank and ask for the copy of the transaction.

  • Ba
      17th of Nov, 2008
    0 Votes

    The first question that should be asked, Do YOU keep a check register and do YOU balance your account every month? Next question, did YOU set up "preauthorized" debits to your account. (electric bill, insurance payments, etc.) Did YOU write the checks? Each item can be presented at least 3 times and if your account doesn't have the funds, the item will be returned NSF plus your account will be charged a NSF (non-sufficient) fee; you can also incur a fee from whomever presented the item. All fees are disclosed at the time you open your account...YOU have to read through the fee schedule, YOU are to ask at that time, any questions you may have. Yes, you can dispute the items on your account but, FIRST you need to go to whomever is trying to debit your account, reason being 9 times out of 10 YOU authorized each and every transaction. Before you go on a whinning spree, take a good look in the mirror and ask, "DID I cause this probelm?"

Post your comment