Whirlpool / water heater
Whirlpool Water heater had 12 year warranty and started leaking on Saturday at 2:00 in the afternoon, called warranty and they said turn off water and pilot and check to see if it is still leaking after 2 hours, so I did, it stopped leaking within 3 minutes but after 2 hours I called back and a recording said "call back during normal business hours!"
I called back Monday morning and the person gave me a parts and inner tank authorization number- I called a plumber and they said it cost 250 to install and the prorated tank would cost 250 to 300 dollars. So the warranty was basically a waste of time and the Water heater is a piece of junk. I had replaced the controller twice already. I never had a problem with water heaters until I got this whirlpool.
So instead of using the warranty to get the same junk I just bought a GE unit, cost 600 bucks. took my neighbor and me 2 hours to install it. Lowes would not give me a replacement unit they said work with the factory, I asked them I already had a parts authorization number but it would cost 150 to just get a plumber out there to check and verify. Basically they said they had never given a water heater to a consumer in her 18 years of working at Lowes, so that tells me they don't back their products at all-so no more Lowes and no more Whirlpool products.
Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Apr 16, 2013
Hello coffee03. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Whirlpool. We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you have endured regarding your water heater. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at Whirlpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard) along with your user name, and your ticket number (40264). We would be happy to review your concerns further. Best regards, Amber.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - oven glass/microwave glass/cabrio washing machine
- Whirlpool Corporation - washing machine
- Whirlpool - model umv1160cw-3 microwave
- Whirlpool Corporation - damaged product
- Whirlpool Corporation - dishwasher