Whirlpool Washing Machine / pathetic after sales service!
We had purchased a Whirlpool washing machine a year ago. The machine stopped working about 10 days ago. The first call for service was placed on Sat Mar 15th 2008. We were promised that a technician would come by Sat evening to check on this. Hence, we postponed all plans and waited for this elusive technician to check on the machine... No one turned up and the call center did not answer calls after 5:30 p.m. I called the call center on Mon 17th March and after a lot of haggling got the technician to come in the evening. This technician without opening any part of the machine concluded that the heating element was spoil and needed replacement. There were another slew of calls and haggling to get the next technician to come and replace this. He finally showed up on the evening of 19th and concluded that not only the heating element but some other part also needed replacement. There was no response from anyone from the service center. It was always I who had to call and check the status of the complaint. Not even a courtesy call to say when this will be fixed. Finally, after a lot of threats, warnings, swearing etc- the new technician has done his job today 25th Mar 2008. The excuse was that there is only one engineer in all of the Bangalore City who is trained to attend to these kind of problems.. How much more pathetic can a co. get. More than anything- what appalls me the most is that the service center has "zero customer focus", absolutely no awareness of customer problems! At the end of the whole episode, there was not even a word of remorse or repentance... Is whirlpool going to repay all the money spent on laundry bills or compensate me for the time taken off from work... Obviously the answer is NO!!!
In a world where the most important differentiator between products is the service how can a co. like Whirlpool afford to be ignorant to customer after sales issues... I for sure will NEVER EVER BUY or Recommend a whirlpool product to anyone... !!!
More Whirlpool Washing Machine Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - Dishwasher
- Whirlpool Corporation - kitchenaid refrigerator
- Whirlpool Corporation - range
- Whirlpool Corporation - cabrio 5 3 washer high efficiency top load washer with steam cycle
- Whirlpool Corporation - dry machine ref# 7723566124