A  20th of Aug, 2009 by
I have a brand new Whirlpool model # ET8WTEXMQ03 that freezes stuff continually...I have contacted them many times, am told that someone will come out and look at it under my warranty. The most ridiculous part of all this besides the fact I have a brand new fridge freezing stuff is that on more than one occasion by both the customer service at the 1-800 number and one of the technicians actually told me that to alleivate the problem I need to not use the top or back of fridge! Are you kidding me? Yes, this is what Ive been told. I even asked 1 of the customer service reps on the phone if she had a fridge, to which she replied "Yes". I then asked her if she used the back and top shelf of her fridge, to which she said "Yes but I dont have that model" Gee go figure. Unfortuantely I got this thru a low income assistance program thru my electric company who give free fridges to customers who have old units...wow I think Id rather have my old unit! At least it didnt freeze! I cant believe this whole thing. Today the 4th tech came out, so Im waiting for Whirlpool to call me back. I am going to demand a new unti, and will nto stop until I get what I think I rightly deserve. If you dont want the customer to use the back of the fridge or the top shelf, then dont make those areas...I think we have some people who are off kilter shall we say to actually tell a customer to do what they have said. Has this happened to anyone else? I dont know if this is a defect or just lame engineers. I was told today that he has called some of the bigger brand name companies to tell them of this type of problem in hoping to help the customer since they are the one dealing with them that "they are not the engineer" Wow.
A  27th of Jul, 2013 by
I have the exact same model and it freezes stuff on the top shelf also. I also got this fridge FREE from a low income program, so I am not inclined to make trouble - considering the fact that a comparable fridge would have cost me about $800 that I surely did not have. I make do with what I am blessed to have, and a new fridge is a sight better than one that is over 25 years old like my old one was. I actually consider the freezing as an indication that my food will stay fresher longer as it is being kept at a colder temperature! Works for me!

Whirlpool Corporation Logo Whirlpool Corporation