Whirlpool / cabrio 5.3 cu. ft. with steam model # wtw 8500dw3 - serial no c73170748

Waxhaw, NC, US Review updated:

I bought this washer on August 14th, 2017 from Goedekers, (order No. 1233275) . It was installed on October 6th, 2017 and paid $613.21.
I am thoroughly disgusted and disappointed with the way it washes. My whites are no longer white. Stains do not come out of the clothes. The sheets get tangled inside the drum causing it to stop, untangle the clothes and let it resume the cycle. I love white sheets. That is all we use in the master bedroom and they are now a dirty white. It makes a terrible noise.
We recently moved to North Carolina and have asked my neighbors if they have the same issue with their clothes here. Their answer is no. One expects better quality from the name Whirlpool and this machine provides absolutely no quality. In Miami, where we previously lived, we had a Samsung Washer which performed better than my current Whirlpool Washer. If Whirlpool is a company that concerns itself with Customer Satisfaction and Quality Product, I expect for something to be done.

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Nov 24, 2017

Dear Devyvp:
    Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Washer concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [protected]@Whirlpool.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, and a brief description of the issue. We look forward to your reply.
    Thank you.
    Whirlpool® Social Media Relations

De
Nov 23, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 23, 2017

Hi Devy.

I appreciated reading your complaint. I have a great deal of background in appliances and think I may be of some great help.

To begin with, the issues you're speaking of are not typical of Whirlpool Cabrio units. Normally, if used properly, these units can produce decent results. Whirlpool utilizes a quality dealership network to support what is sold. One of the easiest forms of service is just contacting the retailer you purchased the unit through. Most have forms of satisfaction guarantees that can kick in. They can have a service technician look at the washer to make sure it is working as it should. They can even exchange the unit for you.

Once you've contacted them, I'd be interested in hearing what takes place. Please let us know.