Wendys / wendys service is bad!

I went to Wendys on my 30 minute lunch break to try to get a quick bite to eat. I was in the drive through for about 15 minutes before I get to the window to pay for my food. When I get there, I hand the lady my debit card, and she says that their debit card machine is not working. I tell her that I do not have any cash on me. So I can't get my food, and my lunch break is almost over, and I still have to go to another place and get something to eat, stand in line AGAIN, and then I was late getting back to work. If the machine didn't work, a sign should have at least been posted on the drive through. I was really upset about this.

Comments

Sh
  22nd of May, 2007

I went to Wendy's last week in Euless,Tx. going to get dinner for my husband and myself. When I arrived at work I found that there was a fly in my chili. I called the corporate office and was told that someone would get back to me within 24 to 48 business hours. Such luck!!! That was 168 hours ago. I gave them my address, cell no, and e-mail address and still no contact from them. They have lost a valued customer. Maybe I should go to the media because I was informed to keep the order and it's still sitting in the fridge. Any suggestions?

Sa
  12th of Jul, 2007

My husband left work and stopped at Wendy`s to get dinner for the two of us and our 2 grandkids. He had his hands full with 6 drinks, so one of the workers brought 2 bags of food out to his truck for him. Gets home (it`s a ways away) and find out that there`s NO food for the kids-no burgers or fries and there`s no dressing for the salad. I called the store and could hear a woman in the background saying that yes, she did pack the kids food. I said NO,they got their drinks and that`s all and now they will have to go hungry, and what are you going to do about it? She said the only thing she could do was to have us drive back out there and get it (yeah-right $8 worth of gas!). NO apology whatsoever... and I don`t give a damn attitude to boot! I said you will not get our business again... no reaction.

Sa
  12th of Jul, 2007

Oh, yeah... no forks or knives for the salad and baked potato, either! My daughter works at In and Out and she says this is inexcusable!

Ju
  17th of Jun, 2008

Well, sometimes ### happens and lines get cut, or theres no lines in the store working that day, or maybe the machine was broken!

And when it comes to service times, sometimes theyre short handed and one person has to run 2 to 3 positions.

Maybe you should work in a fast food place for a little while to get a better understanding.

An
  4th of Apr, 2009

Sometimes machines break down. It's not the fault of the people who work there. I'm a bit confused, though, that you think someone should put up a sign. Where would the sign be placed?

You should always bring a little cash with you, no matter where you go. Even if you have a debit card, you still ought to be prepared for the worst.

Fa
  29th of Jan, 2011

Our credit card machine goes down at random intervals usually when the register is overloaded ( from 40 and 30 dollar orders such as the six drinks and 2 big bags of food as described above) when we put signs up on the menu and speaker box you'd be amazed how NOBODY READS THEM!!! they just pull up order and then act surprised when we say "I"m sorry our credit machine is down, will that be a problem this evening." the purpose of the LCD screen is for you to confirm your order to make sure its right before! you go to the window, but if your not paying attn. then you wont see it.