Wendy's Asian Chicken / product bait-n-switch

Wendy's has been advertising their "new" spicy Asian chicken. The commercials and print ads show big chunks of chicken, glistening with a nice coating of some special sauce overflowing a black plastic tray. What you get is nothing even close to this. Basically, what you get are Wendy's chicken nuggets, arranged in a plastic tray, and drizzled with sauce. The chicken does not look anything like what they advertise. In fact, what it looks like is someone took their chicken nuggets (that they sell for far less money) tossed them in a tray and poured some sauce on them. The chicken is not "coated" in the sauce. It is floating in the sauce. It is not thick, juicy, boneless chicken wing pieces (as they told me it was supposed to be when I called). Its pressed, breaded, nasty chicken that has been warmed up and tossed on a tray. Its a rip off! A BIG BIG RIP OFF.
I've visited three Wendy's in two different cities just to confirm that this wasn't an isolated incident of someone not knowing what they were doing. All three experiences were identical and, in one case, an employee actually argued with me that the pathetic looking food on my tray looked just like the chicken on the poster plastered on the wall next to the cash register. Another customer overheard our discussion and CHANGED HIS ORDER as a result. He thanked me and told me that he thought the "new" chicken was a joke as well.

Comments

• Da
      25th of Jul, 2009

It tastes good because I was super hungry, but it DOES NOT look like the advertisement. It was some chicken nuggets FLOATING in some Asian ripoff sauce. I only ate and continued to eat WENDY'S, because I love DAVE THOMAS and his commercials...but he has died and it is no longer owned by the family...!!! Freakin ARBY's owns it! :-(

• Ra
      5th of Aug, 2009

Yes, the Asian chicken is a big rip-off. Nearly $4 for six dinky chicken nuggies. definitely not what I expected. They would be good if there were more of them for the price. Heck, it was about a dollars worth of chicken. how cheap.

• Br
      28th of May, 2011

The chicken was completely different than what their chicken nuggets are. Wish they would bring it back