Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Hamp / hamp

CO, United States

I have a Wells Fargo Mortgage. It's been a tough year. I was unemployed and I went through a difficult divorce and reached out to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage for some assistance. Since I was unemployed I qualified for assistance in their Unemployment program. After just a couple of months I found a job and I then applied for their Home Affordable Modification Program. From the beginning it was full disclosure that I would be ordered by the Courts to pay alimony as part of my divorce. You can use alimony as income, and was led to believe by their "specialist" that once the divorce was finalized we could send the update to the underwriters and make the adjustment. I submitted the underwriters my new adjusted taxable income, but they wouldn't use that and insisted on using my gross income. As a result, they save me $200 a month!!! I'm now I must short sell the home because I just can't afford it and also pay my alimony. But wait, there is more! Throughout the process I made every payment that was part of each program. The payment amounts were less than the mortgage and Wells Fargo Home Mortgage release those authorized short payments to the credit rating system and have trashed my credit rating! It's so bad, that every credit card has cancelled my accounts. My application for a rental unit was also declined! This has been an absolute personal disaster...all to save $200 a month. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is simply controlled by computer algorithms that they don't even understand all in the pursuit of creating derivatives that they can sell for a profit. Shame on you...