Wawa / misleading pastry pricing

1 RTS.209 & 715, Brodheadsville, PA, United States Review updated:

On Wawa's pastry display it states, "1/2 dozen Doughnuts or Bagels $4.29". I chose 6 items of which one included a sugar twist. The cashier proceeded to tell me that technically that wasn't a dougnut and that the individual price is $1.39 and why would it be included as part of 6 for $4.29 deal? After going back and forth I told the cashier that I did not want the items because the display pricing was misleading. I told her that if that's the case that the sign should state EXACTLY which pastries were not considered doughnuts and therefore not part of the deal. I would like WAWA to correct this misleading sign. This happened at 5:15 PM on a Saturday and my receipt states 17:17:10 TRX 1357464 on the item I purchased and Cashier ID#134 Register 1.

Ke

Comments

• Cr
      22nd of Aug, 2009

You’re absolutely right and the sign says exactly what it should… “1/2 dozen doughnuts or bagels for $4.xx” which includes all doughnuts regardless of their price point. If this matter hasn’t been resolved than I suggest calling either the manager or 1-800-444-9292; they would either send you a coupon or a gift card.

• Go
      18th of May, 2011
    Best Best Advice

people always try to get away with things, the sign clearly says 6 DONUTS, if you read the all the tags in the actual bakery case it says glazed DONUT, chocolate sprinkled DONUT, caramel DONUT and then it proceeds to coffee ROLL, Sugar twist, muffins, crumb CAKES and so on. It is not called sugar twist DONUT, it is not consider a DONUT therefore you should know it was not going to be counted in the deal. The Wawa I visit even has a different tag for the ones that are included in those deals. Let's be a real realistic for once and instead of complaining or trying to get away with stuff make suggestions in a more adult manner, not whining or running into websites like this one because it only makes you look bad.

12th of Feb, 2012

A doughnut is circular. The twist is obviously more expensive than the doughnut, therefore it wouldn't be included. You shouldn't argue with the employees, they do get paid to know the store.

• Er
      11th of Dec, 2018
    Wawa - Subs unavailable
    260 ne prima vista
    Port Saint Lucie
    Florida

My daughter and I went in to buy 2 tripletta subs because that has became our new favorite subs. But we found out it is unavailable on app and in store. I asked the manager and she didnt seem to care that much so that's why your receiving this email.

• Yo
      5th of Jan, 2019
    Wawa - Sourdough chicken sandwich
    2920 nj-73
    Maple Shade
    New Jersey

They didn't care for making my sandwich they were all just talking and laughing. Waited 15 mins for this garbage. This not the first time this has happen.

11th of Feb, 2019
    Wawa - Customer service and memu

Went to wawa near park and gandy it had meatball subs and the staff has a habit of walking to has conversation instead of answer the questions the exact address is 3101 Gandy Blvd, Pinellas Park, FL 33782, USA

• Ro
      20th of Mar, 2019
    Wawa - Sandwhiches/Drinks
    Fowler Avenue Tampa, Florida

I frequent your store on Fowler Avenue in Tampa. There is an employee by the name of Denise Glomb who works at this store. She works in the drink area. She is extremely rude every time I go into this store and for no reason. She also appears to be high on something everytime she's there. Just thought you should know.