Walmart.com / cancellation policy

1 United States

Do not order anything from walmart.com... I ordered a pool, paid for shipping to my house because the item was not in my local store (Or so I was told when I called. See more about this below). However, the next day I ended up going into my walmart and found the exact pool that I had just ordered online! I tried to have the store cancel my order, which they could not, so I decided to go home and get back online or call myself. Incredible! Walmart.com will not cancel an order made online, even within minutes of ordering. They said it's because of fraud... What does that mean? What about my legal right to cancel a contract within 72 hours? I am certain my order had not even been processed as it was still inside 24 hours. So? I just paid an extra $27 for a pool and have to wait a week for my kids to use it all because of a zero cancellation policy. I even asked the manager at the store to refund my $27 if I bought another pool off his shelf that day. I was mostly angry because the day before I was told there wasn't a pool at the store and no one could tell me if or when any would be coming in. The manager said that was very likely true, they just got a truck in during the night. He said he was not affiliated with walmart.com and his hands were tied. Whatever.

Lt