Walmart

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 by

price gouging

walmart.com
I shop repeatedly online with walmart as well as in store, I buy the same items, and will go into the recent order list and just click away. What I didnt notice right away was that the price of all the items that i normally purchase increased to up to 3 times the amount. The items that were added that were not in my frequently ordered list were the normal price. Example.. Hawaiian punch gallon.. 1.68 in store and normally online prior to noticing, they charged me 4.74 a gallon each. I paid 30.00 for 4 ocean spray cranberry juice. plus additional items were well above the normal price. They said they were not price gouging.. well what do you call it? I say taking advantage of your customer!!
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Food

Comments

N  10th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
How are they taking advantage of you? If you don't like the price, don't buy it. Did someone put a gun to your head?
D  11th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I bought Great Value Drink Mix from Walmart.com for $4.28. The next day I bought the same in a Walmart store for $1.98.
They will not simply refund the difference (the sensible thing) with an email or phone call, I have to take the stuff I bought online to a store to return it for a refund. Then I'll have to re-buy the items from the store. I have better ways to spend my time.
I was told that Walmart no longer guarantees that their online prices will match or be better that the price in their stores! Check pricing before placing an order. Buy at your own risk!
A  12th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I found the same thing with my orders from Walmart.com. For about three months the online prices matched my local Walmart. Then when I started to reorder the prices went sky high. Up $1.00 on both the cereals I buy. Up $1.50 on 12 oz Tuna. Some items were up even more. A 40 oz. peanut butter was up over $2.00 a jar. This is bait and switch pricing if ever I've seen it.
I know grocery pricing well. For 38 years I owned three good size supermarkets. I did my own price maintenance and constantly checked my competitors to remain competitive. So now that I am no longer in the business, I enjoy shopping multiple stores checking prices and getting the best bargains I can. Its a matter of pride for me.
This is the worst case of PRICE GOUGING I've ever seen!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree