Walmart

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 by

price gouging

walmart.com
I shop repeatedly online with walmart as well as in store, I buy the same items, and will go into the recent order list and just click away. What I didnt notice right away was that the price of all the items that i normally purchase increased to up to 3 times the amount. The items that were added that were not in my frequently ordered list were the normal price. Example.. Hawaiian punch gallon.. 1.68 in store and normally online prior to noticing, they charged me 4.74 a gallon each. I paid 30.00 for 4 ocean spray cranberry juice. plus additional items were well above the normal price. They said they were not price gouging.. well what do you call it? I say taking advantage of your customer!!
Complaint comments Comments (7)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Food

Comments

N  10th of Oct, 2017 by    -1 Votes
How are they taking advantage of you? If you don't like the price, don't buy it. Did someone put a gun to your head?
D  11th of Oct, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I bought Great Value Drink Mix from Walmart.com for $4.28. The next day I bought the same in a Walmart store for $1.98.
They will not simply refund the difference (the sensible thing) with an email or phone call, I have to take the stuff I bought online to a store to return it for a refund. Then I'll have to re-buy the items from the store. I have better ways to spend my time.
I was told that Walmart no longer guarantees that their online prices will match or be better that the price in their stores! Check pricing before placing an order. Buy at your own risk!
A  12th of Oct, 2017 by    +2 Votes
I found the same thing with my orders from Walmart.com. For about three months the online prices matched my local Walmart. Then when I started to reorder the prices went sky high. Up $1.00 on both the cereals I buy. Up $1.50 on 12 oz Tuna. Some items were up even more. A 40 oz. peanut butter was up over $2.00 a jar. This is bait and switch pricing if ever I've seen it.
I know grocery pricing well. For 38 years I owned three good size supermarkets. I did my own price maintenance and constantly checked my competitors to remain competitive. So now that I am no longer in the business, I enjoy shopping multiple stores checking prices and getting the best bargains I can. Its a matter of pride for me.
This is the worst case of PRICE GOUGING I've ever seen!
A  28th of Oct, 2017 by    +2 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me. The sad thing is I have friends who are disabled like myself and unable to get to the local walmart due to being wheelchair bound. We were all so relieved at being able to shop somewhere we could actually afford on our fixed incomes. Anyone who thinks Walmart has a right to charge whatever they want should have to live like the ones of us who have to count our pennies just to get by every month. For the person who said no one held a gun to your head...I hope you find out what it's like to live like the rest of us. Then you won't be so quick to open your mouth and spout garbage that is insulting someone with a valid concern.
N  29th of Oct, 2017 by    -2 Votes
"Anyone who thinks Walmart has a right to charge whatever they want should have to live like the ones of us who have to count our pennies just to get by every month"
They do have the right to charge whatever they want. And you have the right not to buy it. It's called living in a free country!
"Then you won't be so quick to open your mouth and spout garbage that is insulting someone with a valid concern."
I didn't insult anyone. I have the right to my opinion even if you don't agree. That's also called living in a free country!
A  22nd of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Yes the same thing happened to me.

One item was priced 250% higher one month later (but if I used a DIFFERENT computer they didn't recognize, the online prices matched those in store). ALL my items that I had ordered listed repeat-order prices that were 15% to 250% higher!

This IS price gouging because they are charging different prices to different people, discriminating AGAINST THEIR REPEAT (read "loyal") CUSTOMERS. Not only that but if you order online, now, and pickup in store you will be paying those higher prices too.

This brought them a stock jump recently.

Watch your prices! Try clearing all Walmart "cookies" if you know how, and COMPLAIN.
N  22nd of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
What REALLY doesn't make sense about it is that it cost them LESS to sell online, mail order, which is WHY we are losing so VERY MANY brick-and-mortar stores now (which were overbuilt even before the Internet wave).

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree