Walmart / over charge for sale item

1 Kerrville, TX, United States Review updated:

During the thanksgiving day sale there were "Riders" jeans on sale for 8.00, all sizes including plus sizes. The add showed only a pictur of the blue ones and I needed black (for work). I had been checking Walmart for my size and they had been out of them. Well when I went at 5:00 in the morning the day after Thanksgiving I went to the dept. for my size clothing and they did have my size but I wasn't sure if the black ones were on sale. So I took a pair and scanned them and they scanned the regular price. I thought well the black ones must not be on sale but I needed them anyway so I bought 2 pair at 19.96 each. The following Monday a girl I work with said she got her black ones for 8.00 so the next day I went to Walmart and found the same EXACT jeans I had paid regular price for 8.00. They were located in the juniors dept with all the other jeans that were 8.00. I went to customer service and explained the situation and the lady there told me to bring in my receipt and I would get a refund. So 2 days later I did (they still had the jeans for 8.00). I was told the jeans I got from the plus size dept were not the ones on sale even though they were the same EXACT jeans, they had different numbers because the ones on sale were purchased specifically for the sale. I feel like I should have gotten the sale price no matter where the jeans were located in the store. They were the same product in 2 different locations at different prices. I also recently picked up a DVD that had a whole center isle of the same movie with a sign that clearly said 16.96 but when I got up to the check out it rang up 19.96. I was told 19.96 was the correct price so I went back to the electronics dept. and the sign was there, 16.96. I was told that they could not override the price on movies anymore.
I am very upset with Walmart right now but I live in a small town with the next large city an hour away. I like to try to keep my business in our town but if I have to I will go to the larger city and shop. If there was a competitive department store for Walmart in our town that's where I would shop from now on. This is not the first time I've had a complaint about this store and have spoken to managers but it doesn't do any good. Walmart advertises they are the comsumer friendly store but I'm beginning to wonder about that!

Comments

• Di
      22nd of Dec, 2009

Irish! I could not get over your analogy of this complaint. After looking through more or less 30 of your 140+ comments I noticed you side with the company the person complains about. I will bet 98% of the time you side with the company that is complained about. You are negative, insufferable and discourteous to say the least. You filed a complaint saying you were accused of stealing a VCR accidentally!? You want people to believe you!? You have an ID of IRISH. I know there are black irish, never the less, I never seen an African American that is IRISH. Is this a game to you, or do you have a problem??

Most of your comments have thumbs down. I also have noticed Trevor also follows your comments.

I was compelled to comment on IRISH. I would not doubt if there is a complaint on IRISH