Walmart / biased return policy!
I have been a loyal walmart customer for over 20 years, spending thousands of dollars there. In that amount of time I probably returned 3 things to that store. I have never had a problem until this new policy there of returns went into effect. I had received a gift of a digital camera, which was too complicated for me to use, and given as an anonymous gift for a mission trip to me at our church. They did not leave receipt or name, for obvious reasons but did put a note on it that it was bought at walmart. It was sku'd at Walmart and they sell this camera.
When I brought it in, I explained the situation. I was told that, the only thing they would do is... give me another camera. I didn't want money back, but a gift card so I could purchase things for kids for Christmas that wouldn't have anything. They refused to do that, even though they sku'd the camera up, it showed in stock. They said it was due to the money involved. Well, they had no problem TAKING the money for the camera. It was in an unopened box, with tape still attached. The sign at Walmart says they are ready to always satisfy the customer with return, credit or repair. I didn't want another camera==why bring a camera back that you aren't going to use, to only get another one? Makes no sense at all.
Had I bought 600.00 worth of merchandise and returned it all, there would not have been a problem. However, because I returned an ELECTRONICS item, there was. I feel as though they are now treating all their customers as thieves, since they refuse to return ANY electronic item. Had they looked my name up, they would have seen my many, MANY purchases over the years there.
This is so wrong and I am hoping that someone will see this, contact me and allow these kids to get a Christmas, instead of a camera sitting in a closet, collecting dust.
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations 
- Walmart Stores - ami ventures
- Walmart Stores - pharmacy
- Walmart Stores - employee committed slander through private message 
- Walmart MoneyCard - debit card
- Walmart Stores - rainbow vacuum latch