Walgreens / awful place

This is a store that needs to be carefully monitored. On several occasions, my wife who suffers from Alzheimer's has been verbally abused, her prescriptions not filled, laughed at, and humiliated. The last instance occurred when she was trying to get her prescriptions filled, and the pharmacy refused, unless she could tell them all the medications she was taking. Of course she could not, because of her condition. So the Manager/Pharmacist refused by leaning over the counter, as my wife was too sick to stand, and was sitting on the floor, and laughed at her.

I am a health care advocate and have been for several years. On each occasion that the abuse occurred, I have either spoken to the pharmacist personally or by phone. On each occasion they have promised to correct the situation, only to commit the same or similar offense shortly afterward.

I'm writing this to try to prevent this form of abuse from happening to other chronically ill patients.

Comments

• Me
      5th of Sep, 2009

Why don't you go to the location WITH your wife. I mean if she's having this much trouble with them, go with her then especially with this situation where she was too sick to stand! You might be a health care advocate but your certainly not helping your wife out much. Next time, be with her, or even better let her go get her meds and stand a ways away so you can see if the pharmacist is mean to her or not. Bring a camera, so then you'll have proof!

• Ab
      1st of Dec, 2009

i went into walgreens in springfield mo on 11/30 and they ingored me and helped someone else first when questioned i was told it was an employee so it was diferent and was yelled at by the pharmacist and the cashier. i was also told that i could complain if i wanted and nothing would be done. so here is a scary thought they have my name social date of birth address and place of employment. and to melissa l i am healthy and didnt think about video taping every move i make no one should.

• Wa
      13th of Jan, 2010

I am sorry for you. I have my own nightmare with Walgreen's. They are the absolute worst company out and clueless as to what is going on.

I have just reported them for INSURANCE FRAUD. They continue to bill for items that should not be billing for.

Take your business anywhere else.

I would not wish a Walgreens experience on anyone. Walgreens "The Pharmacy you Trust". NOT HARDLY!