Walgreens / unauthorized billing
Took two pictures to print at Walgreens photo lab last Friday. The two photos are passport size photos taken by myself. I uploaded the pictures through the computer and was told it will cost $0.58. About half an hour later, I went to pick up the photo. The photo lab manager took out the photos and ask me whether it is for passport use and want to charge me $7.99 for each of the pictures. I was really pissed off,
1) I only used the print service. The picture is taken by myself and they did not do anything other than print the picture. Why should I pay for the passport service I did not receive? I guess according to this logic, if Walgreens is providing wedding photography service and you happen to take some wedding pictures using your own camera, they will charge you for the wedding photography service if you print your pictures there.
2) Why should they peek into my photos and begin to speculate about the usage of the photos? It is none of their business about the content and the intended usage of the photos.
3) What pissed me off most is the photolab manager is very rude and insisting charging me for the passport service even after I repeated the process on the computer which clearly showed the charge is $0.58. Eventually I had to ask him to tear off the pictures because I do not want him to keep the photos.
4) the Kroger store across the street happily printed the picture for $0.40.
Anyway, I am extremely pissed off by the Walgreen photolab service. I have no idea whether this is their photolab policy to peek into customer's photos and identify any passport like photos and begin to charge for it.
More Walgreens Complaints & Reviews
- Walgreens - as an employee 
- Walgreens - refuse to pay back 
- Walgreens Phone Card - calling cards 
- Walgreens - employee relations 
- Walgreens - $3000. sweepstakes 
- Walgreens - photo dept
- Walgreens - cashier mistreat customer 
- Walgreens - pharmacy service/staff
- Walgreens - pharmacy services
- Walgreens - present identification