Walgreens 10680 / unfair dismissal

walgreens 10680
west wheeler
Aransas Pass
Phone: 3617582135
my name is Deana Aleman I worked with Walgreens for almost 2 years. Durring most of the two years i feel like i have been treated unfairly & crule. I am a single mom with a son who has special needs. When i was first hired on I told management that i could only close on Fridays due to his sleep apnea. The first PIC worked around that for me & i worked every Friday night. The new PIC & sr tech keep giving me attitue & tellling me that is not fair to the other employees. I brought a medical excuse form his doctor & still got attitude & rude remarks from them. I have been having problems with them for over a year. I have gone to management, & district mgr & even loss prevention, with still no help. The district mgr told me there was nothing he could do due to the fact they begged her to take the PIC position. Loss prevention did an investigation in which she did not speak to other employees & pharmasist whom have witnessed the treatment in which i was received. lp told me that she was told by the Pic, sr tech, & store mgr that they didn't like me. She said that there wasn't any specific thing just that they didn't like me. I have been trying to get transferred to another store for at least three months. They were only giving me anywhere from 5 to 10 hrs a week, so i had to go to other stores for hrs. They would not sign off on the transfer. I felt as if they were trying to get me to quit or find a reason to fire me . Their reason for firing me was that they said i didn't get along with the other employees. Also that i sold a rx to the wrong customer on 7-3-09 but i wasn't told of the incident till a week later 7-09-09. There was never a writeup or stars incident done for this event. I asked mgr to show me the video of the incident, but he would not show me. I have called corporate several times sinnce 7-9-09 & have not had anyone call me back, eventhough i was told someone would contact me within 48 hrs. There are several pharmist & other employees that witnessed the mistreatment i received. When the names were given to district they refussed to talk to these people. I feel managent both at store level & district just ignored any of the people that would speak in my behalf. Due to the fact that they did not want to upset the PIC or Sr tech at that time. Any time i tried to talk to someone about what was going on it was twisted around to come back as if it was my fault. I feel that an investigation into this will show that i was unjustly terrminated. If some of the pharmasist & employees & customers were talked to it will come into the open that i was not at fault. All i have wanted was for them to sign off on my transfer to another store. I enjoyed working the company & its customers all i want is my job back so i can provide a life for my son.

N  28th of Oct, 2009 by
Hell yeah, I know you are a busy woman, but find the time to file a complaint, or talk to an attorney. It could be worth your time.
A  2nd of Feb, 2010 by
my name is pamela shoulders and i worked for walgreens for almost six years. in the six years that i have been there i have had five diffrent store managers. i was just terminated today and feel that i was terminated because somebody didnt like me. i belive this because with the first three store managers i never had one write up for customer complaints in four years. we got a new male store manager about a year ago and i had six customer complaints from customers who have said that they had prpoblems with me every time they shopped there i felt that this was wrong because if they had a problem with me every time they shopped there than why did they all of a suddan decide this store manager was better to complain too. this store manager was transfered to another area store and we got a new store manger about a week before halloween and i thought the complaints and the write ups would stop because i had changed and felt that i was happier and alot nicer not that i hadnt been before but these same customers still complained and said that they had problems with me all the time. i feel somebody at the store or company level didnt want me there anymore because it seems kind of strange that nobody from district or even the first three managers ever got a complaint then all of a suddan i have 10 write ups in a year for customer complaints. something just doesnt add up to me.

Walgreens Logo Walgreens