Vonage / disconnection fee

1 UT, United States Review updated:

I just cancelled vonage after a year and a half with them. I do not use my home phone and did not need it any longer. They cancelled the service and went on to explain that they would need to charge a $39.99 termination fee because I was cancelling less than 2 years. I pointed out that their terms of service of their website states that termination fees would only be charged for accounts cancelled before one year of service. They said that was only for accounts after May 2009 (although it says nothing about that in the terms of service). Ridiculous!

Comments

• Li
      3rd of Feb, 2009

i signed up with vonage in august 07, after sunrocket stopped their service. When I signed up I asked if there was a contract or termination fee and was told no, no contracts, no cancellation fees. I switched to comcast today and find out vonage charges a 39.99 disconnection fee if you cancel within two years. no I know who has vonage knew about this. bad business all around. and I had to call four times to get them to actually cancel my account.

DO NOT use vonage!