Having problems with Vonage?

Vonage reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 12, 2006. The latest review Customer support - billing unauthorized charges was posted on Aug 11, 2021. The latest complaint deceitful customer service was resolved on Oct 12, 2017. Vonage has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 143 reviews. Vonage has resolved 70 complaints.

Vonage Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vonage Customer Service. Initial Vonage complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vonage above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vonage. Discuss the issues you have had with Vonage and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Vonage Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Vonagerefuse refund

ON 11/2/2011 I CANCEL MY SERVICE WITH VONAGE ON 11/6 THEY CONTINUE TO CHARGE MY CARD $50. WHEN I CALL THEM TO REPORT THIS ERROR A RUDE, DESPICABLE PERSON B THE NAME OF SARAH REFUSE TO LISTEN TO ANYTHING.SHE KEPT TELLING ME TO KEEP THE SERVICE & THEY WOULD GIVE ME A LOWER PRICE I EXPLAIN I GET DISCOUNT WITH PHONE COMPANY I HAVE NOW DUE TO EMPLOYMENT SHE TALKED OVER ME AND KEPT INSISTING I KEEP THEIR SERVICE & THE PREVIOUS SERVICE REP DIDN'T PUT IN THE DISCONNECT REPORT. MEANWHILE THE PHONE NUMBER THEY CHARGE ME WITH IS DIFFERENT CAUSE I TRANSFER THAT NUMBER TO THE NEW COMPANY THE THEY GAVE ME A NEW NUMBER & CHARGE ME. WHEN I TOLD HER I WAS GOING PSC & BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU SHE SAID THAT WAS ON ME. I TRIED TO CALL THE COMPANY THE PRESIDENT NOTHING SENT A E-MAIL TO THEM NO RESPOND DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM SERVICE IS GOOD BUT DON'T TRY TO TERMINATE

Vonage Victim 2012 May 02, 2012

Vonage was my voice over IP provider for two separate lines. I contacted Vonage on September 16, 2010 to disconnect the service, as we no longer needed it and were relocating to another state. When I phoned in, I did not have my pin number, so I was told to read the MAC Address off of the Vonage equipment to the customer service representative. Over the last 22 months my American Express credit card has been billed $78.81 per month. I have contacted Vonage approximately 5 to 7 times in the last 22 months regarding this issue. Each time I am told that the card will be reimbursed and that I will receive a confirmation e-mail regarding the disconnect status. These e-mails never come. Yesterday, May 1, 2012, I initiated another disconnect and have yet to receive an e-mail confirming this. I informed Vonage that if I did not get a refund of the money that was stolen from my American Express account by them, that I would move forward in contacting your organization and many others until Vonage satisfies their debt to me. I was informed today, May 2, 2012, that Vonage would only reimburse me for the last 60 days. This fact alone clearly shows Vonage's attempt to pacify a customer that they have wronged with a "low ball" figure. I have tried to be polite, courteous and professional when speaking with their customer service representatives in light of the fact that they have lied to us time and time again. I was told by Vonage that they have no record of any disconnect being initiated by us EVER. They also stated that the only record they have of me contacting them was in June of 2010 for "technical issues". I confirmed with Vonage that all of their phone calls regarding customer accounts are recorded. I asked them time and time again to please pull up those records. Their response to me was that there are no records to pull up. I invited them to look at the account over the last 22 months to prove that there has been no activity and that the Vonage telephone modem has not been plugged in at any point in time over that 22 months. Three separate representatives from Vonage (Lynn, Michael and Pauline) have confirmed that there was no account activity during that period of time. It should be noted that Vonage has also managed to access my American Express account even after changing the card numbers to avoid their "auto-Billing".

Vonagecharges loyal customers higher and takes money after cancellation

I can honestly say that Vonage service was acceptable and solid during the many years I was with them. However, I recently switched VOIP service to a much cheaper service. When I called Vonage to cancel I was given the opportunity to have my service provided for 1/3 of the cost I had been paying them for years. When I asked about this they informed me it was a "special rate" not advertised on the internet. In otherwords, if you are a loyal customer Vonage will take advantage of you for as much money as they possibly can even though they know and could provide their services for much less. In fact, the more loyal and uncomplaining one is, the more likely they will take as much from you as they can.

When I cancelled I had been charged on the 6th and cancelled on the 10th. They are very adamant that the entire month I had paid for in advance could not and would not be pro-rated. While I agree that all of this is spelled out in the TOS and it is my error that I was not aware, it seems to me that most companies that care about their reputation and fairness to its customers provide a refund based on a pro-rated rate of the unused portion of service. So, beware, after several emails at different "levels" of their so called "Customer Care" (which others have so aptly put in perspective, only the customers care) Vonage would rather hold tightly to their clause in the TOS rather than provide Customer Care to a customer they had overcharged for years.

No, Vonage has not done anything "illegal" and both situations I am complaining about I have equal responsibility for being taken advantage over. However, I have come to expect that major companies have a sense of rewarding long term customers and being fair in taking money for services rendered.

There are so many VOIP services that are dependable and cheaper that there is absolutely no reason to open oneself up to the "legal" yet unfair TOS of Vonage.

Vonage.comstay away

Oct 09, 2010, I contacted vonage regarding service. I was told my phone number could be transferred to vonage, so I gave my credit card information and set up an account. The same day, I was told my number could not be transferred to a vonage account so I asked them not to open an account for me. I was told it would take a few days, but the account would be closed. Dec 09, 2010 I saw they were still charging my account, so I again cancelled the account and asked for a refund of the charges to my account. They said they would cancel the account but could not refund the charges. Jan 11, 2011 I contacted them again because my account was charged on Jan 09, 2011. I again cancelled this account and asked for a refund, they cancelled my account but refused to issue a refund. I cancelled the credit card they were using to charge my account to ensure they could not charge my account again. On Feb 13, 2011, they managed to charge my account again. Today I contacted my bank to report these fraud charges, and vonage to find out why they charged my account. I was informed my account was still active, so again, I went through the cancellation process with vonage. Lets see how many times it takes to cancel.

• Valerie Oct 24, 2008

Bad Customer Service Relationship.

I called VonAge to disconnect their service since I was having an issue with internet bandwidth. I do understand VoIP market is very competitive, but the customer service representative doesn't let me go. It took more than 25 minutes to unsubscribe to their phone service including putting me on hold 3 times saying their system is very slow. If you are planning to disconnect their service I would suggest you to practice 30 minutes of Yoga before you call them.

Vonageterminate service nightmare!!!

Vonage is ABSOLUTELY one of the WORST companies I have ever dealt with!

I signed up for service with them in March of this year and paid every month for a service I did not use, which is especially crazy on my part. In August, was preparing to move and updating my address with service providers, etc. and realized that the Vonage equipment was still in the box. I called on August 15 to cancel the service. A bill had just "printed" on August 14, according to the customer service rep I spoke with. She offered to apply one month's credit to my account in order to take care of the $13 I would owe for one day of "service" and assured me that I owed nothing and the service was cancelled.

Around September 17 or so, I started receiving phone calls, text messages (voicemails) and emails from Vonage about an account charge error (good thing they don't have my new card information). I sent them an email asking for an explanation of the messages, since my account was cancelled in August. I received an email stating that someone would get back with me within 24-48 hours, I believe. Well, of course THAT never happened.

So, they've been blowing my phone up everyday about the $13 bill for September. I just decided to answer the call today to resolve the issue. They tell me my account was not cancelled and I should have called them back. WTH? Why would I call you if I've already cancelled?!!!

I literally spoke with 5 people this afternoon and still have not resolved the issue. Transfer after transfer to people asking me questions and offering credits. The customer service, or lack thereof, is absolutely amazing...in every bad way imaginable. I even spoke with two "managers."

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR VONAGE!!! They will not allow you to get out of their service. It's a trap. Now, I have to take time to document this, pay for certified mail, etc...AFTER spending an hour on the phone with them!!!

• Ha
            haza Dec 31, 2011

Its a fraud company..they wont let me cancel either...i blocked their payments after calling the CC company...

• Te
            Terry Linde Oct 06, 2011

I have had Vonage in the past and had no issue with cancelling. As the above poster suggests, I asked for confirmation information for my records just in case, so I'd have a reference should there be any problem. And also why did you let them blow up your phone instead of answering and dealing with it, that doesn't sound right.

Vonage — cancelling service/return equipment

Tried to cancel vonage service, they tried to trick me into making another payment. I would not recomment...

Vonage — rip off

Vonage states that if anything happens to your internet or computer and the service is down, the calls will...

Vonagevonage redefines the meaning of unlimited

Vonage is a scam!

I have reported them to the FCC, NJ Atty Generals Office and BBB ... let's see what happens.

If you are thinking of switching to Vonage BEWARE. Lastly, once you port a number to them - good luck getting it back ... it's like pulling teeth!

Vonagescammers

For years I've heard complaints about that mickey mouse company. On June 4, 2011, I rec'd a wonderful offer in the mail, so wonderful that I got suspicious so I decided to check with this Board and sure enough, my instinct served me well. My advice to all of you is to: 1) Report them to the BBB in your area, you can file the complaint online. 2) Report them to the FCC. 3) Talk to an attorney, or check with Legal Aid in your city. 4) Sue them in Small Claims in your city, it's easy, you can get all the info. online. 5) Save all correspondence, bills, cancelled checks, etc. you will need them as proof when you take them to court. 6) Don't be intimidated by Vonage or anyone else. Small Claims are there to protect us, the little people. They are informal, quick, and to the point. 6) Don't forget to include the filing fee and the process server, the certified, return receipt requested cost in your Complaint so that you get all your money back. I bet that Vonage will not show up anyway.

zJustMe Jun 15, 2011

Vonage is a scam! I was a customer since 2004 and recently made the decision to cancel based on the way they have decided to redefine "unlimited". If you use more than 3000 minutes a month (basically a little more than 1.5 hours a day) you are classifed as a business and will have to take a business line and pay twice as much. If you have a teenager you know this is easy to burn through ... besides it's supposed to be UNLIMITED.

Too Smart Jun 07, 2011

Yes, I'm so soooooooooooo wrong that I have won every lawsuit I have ever filed. Go away ignorant pinko. Enjoy Vonage.

Too Smart Jun 07, 2011

The typos shown above were made by the server, so relax.

Too Smart Jun 07, 2011

Once again " My advice was for the consumers who have been ripped off, NOT because of flyers, but for ACTUAL DAMAGES, this is why I adviced them to save all their communications."

I did make a mistake in depend, it was a typo.

I used the proper word, advice/advise = a recommendation of what should be done. They can be used interchangeably.

At least I don't fall for trickeries and if I do, believe me I'm a regular at Small Claims.

Too Smart Jun 06, 2011

Your reading comprehension is below par and certain companies depends on people like you to profit. My advice was for the consumers who have been ripped off, not because of flyers, but for actual damages, this is why I adviced them to save all their communications. Now, go sign up with Vonage, you are a good candidate for them.

Vonage Phonecharging my account for non-service

Yes, let me start by saying to anyone whom which to sign-up for phone services with Vonage, you better think twice about what you will get in a phone service and what you want in a phone service.
              I signed-up for the $9.00 per month service with Vonage. From the time I got their service I had problems with my phone not working correctly and also my internet would go down. It took over two week for the service to even be switched to Vonage form my other phone company. Then each day I would wake up with no phone working and my internet would be down with no service with either. I made calls on a regular basis to Vonage to technical support. They even had me on the outside of my home switching wires inside my phone box on my house. They then said they would send out a technical support from a outside contractor form a company called star something. That company called me to tell me that did not support my area and I would have to get someone on my own to come out and fix the problem. Again I was on the phone with Vonage trying to get my service fixed or I wanted it cancelled as of that day. Well they did not send anyone out or call me back. So The I check my checking account to find they have taken out of my checking account for the amount of $ 14.79. I had called Vonage asking for the money to be put back to my account and they said they would not give my money back to me. So what ever you do, be careful when dealing with these so called phone services which Vonage claims they are offering.

zJustMe Jun 15, 2011

If you are thinking of switching to Vonage BEWARE. Lastly, cancelling is a hastle as they try to keep billing and once you port a number to them - good luck getting it back ... it's like pulling teeth!

• Db
                  DB2010 Apr 01, 2011

Vonage advertises "Unlimited Local & Long Distance/Nationwide" calling for only $14.99 a month. It is true...for the first 90 days. On the first day of the forth month, my Vonage rate more than doubled to $34.00 a month! They don't tell you that the $14.99 for new customers is only for the first 3 months when you sign-up! That's the old "Bait & Switch" scam, so beware Vonage!!! I'm done with them.

Vonagetrying to cancel service

Last month I received my Vonage bill and it had increased from $20 to $36 so I called customer service to cancel. Now Vonage bills in advance so when I called, I figured that day would be the end. Nope. They refused to let me cancel! I told them 3 times to cancel then spoke to a manager and they "refused" to cancel the account. I called my cc company anf filed a complaint, then had the cc company issue me a new card number. Sure enough today I got an email saying they were trying to bill me but were unable to charge my account! Again I called, again I spoke to a manager who said they would now cancel my account (they couldn't get the money anyway because they did not have my new cc number). They refused to refund last month's charge saying they "did not have enough time to advise me about cancelling!!!) THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD!!!

Vonagenumber slam

My vonage account was disconnected without my consent, and vonage is not doing anything to help me with this situation

• Ba
                      Babs57 Apr 12, 2011

I was slammed to yesterday. I just got off the phone with Vonage and they said they had 5000 customers who were slammed. They are working on retreiving everyone's phone number. I heard that's going to be hard to do.

Vonagewont shut service off

WAS LOSIN SERVICE BROTHER WAS DYING CALLED 2 HAVE VONAGE SHUT OFF CAUSE I NEEDED 2 B ABLE 2 B N TOUCH W/ FAMILY AS THEY R MO. & I CALIFOENIA LADY I TALKD 2 GIVE ME A HASSLE & THEN SAID $120 TO SHUT OFF WHICH IS ADERTISED NO SHUT OFF FEE WELL BROTHER IS DOIN FINE BUT VONAGE SERVICE IS STILL ON & THEY WANT 2 KEEP CHARGIN ME.I AM D.A. & I WONT CALL EM BACK CAUSE I CANT TAKE THE ARGUING W/ME I JUST SMPLY WANT THEM 2 CLOSE THE ACCOUT & NOT CHARGE ME 4 WHAT I DONT USE.I JUST KEEP GETTING MESSAGE ON MY P

• De
                        DENTMC Nov 18, 2011

JUST GOT VONAGE AND IT IS THE WORSE THING I COULD HAVE DONE. I AM TRYING TO GET BACK TO VERIZON BUT I HAVE TO WAIT 10 DAYS TO PORT MY PHONE NUMBER OVER. I HAD 7 PHONES IN MY HOUSE THAT WORKED. WELL NOW I HAVE AN OLD, OLD CORDED PHONE IN ONE ROOM THAT IS WORKING. WE CANNOT USE ANY OF OUR CORDLESS PHONES. NEEDLESS TO SAY, THIS IS A NIGHTMARE BUT AT LEAST I HAD AN OLD PHONE TO USE UNTIL I CAN GET MY OLD COMPANY BACK. VONAGE STINKS. CUSTOMER SERVICE AWFUL WHEN YOU CAN EVEN UNDERSTAND THEM. CANNOT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS.

• Ak
                        A.K Drammeh Mar 24, 2011

this company is a fraud. i call to cancel my service, the rep i talk to told me that it will be taken care off, but guuess what, two months later they send me a bill for cancellation fee and two month back pay. when i was signing for the service, they told me that there will ne no cancellation fee and all i have to do is to call and that is all they need to know. please save your self and your money and look for something better like magic jack.

Vonage.ca/world Canada Planfalse advertisement

In the advertisement and description of the service it says "Unlimited* local and long distance ..."
                      However in the fine print there is "fair usage policy", which is fine.
                      But there is also following statement in the fine print of fair usage policy:
                      "Vonage World Canada plan is subject at all times to a limit of 3000 minutes ..."
                      Which obviously contradicts with the word "Unlimited" in the main description of the service!
                      This is not a situation of pending certain conditions but it is a set hard limit.

Vonageunautorized billing (double billing)

Vonage charged me about $165.00 for the calls. But when I realized that $165.00 per month is too much for calls across the street to my neighbor, I immediately cancelled the account. So, I had the account less than a month (less than a billing cycle). But when Vonage closed the account, it charged my VISA ANOTHER $165.00. So, Vonage double-charges people for telephone calls. I tried to attach the proof, in pdf format, but this web site is archaic: it allows only JPG, GIF, and PNG format. So dumb.

Vonage — ponzi scheme

Vonage is a Ponzi scheme. I say this based on my experience with Vonage service, and viewing the...

Vonagepoor service and unfair billing practices

I used Vonage from 2005 until 2010. But in July 2010 I had to cancel their services when my softphone line couldn't be accessed online. Many discussions with their Tech support could not solve the problem and they told me the problem would be solved within 2 weeks. 2 weeks! I ran a home business through that line and couldn't miss an hour let alone 2 weeks without losing thousands of dollars and in the meantime I had to pay for this service. I ended up canceling my vonage services. it was ludicrous that they found it acceptable for me to wait up to 2 weeks for a phone service i was paying for in order to have access to it again. I had to cancel my service and went elsewhere to a free voip service. I have found the the free voip service is similar in quality and it's free! I can do whatever I did on my previous vonage line. In September 2010 I received a notification for a bill that seemed to be the soft phone line that I had canceled with vonage. I called and they told me it was a bill for a softphone line that I had called to cancel in January 2007 and they continued to bill me until September 2010 even though i did not use the line since January 2007. I called to complain and they gave me no refund because they said i had agreed to a "6 month hold on the account" so that I could avoid a disconnection fee. Not only do I not recall any such agreement but they refused to reimburse a customer one penny for a line he did not use for almost 4 years because i had presumed it would have been cancelled after the 6 months. on the vonage email receipts they send you each month they do not write which phone number it is for. So it is difficult to determine what you are being billed for exactly especially if it is for an account you had thought was canceled and had forgotten all the passwords and usernames and even the actual phone number itself. I had presumed all this time that the separate bill i was getting from vonage was for the softphone line that i used up until July 2010 but shockingly learned it was for a line that I had presumed was canceled long ago. They had been billing me and charged my credit card for 3 years and 8 months after I had called to cancel the phone line!!! I had mistaken their bills for one of my other lines (I had 3 in total when I canceled all my lines in July 2010). If vonage wrote the phone number for the billing like Bell does on the bill itself it would have saved me tons of money. "6 months to hold an account to avoid a disconnection fee" is just long enough to forget about the account itself and forget to make that call to cancel the account once and for all. vonage initially agreed to give me a one year credit but when it was escalated to their executive department they offered no reimbursement. User Beware of Vonage!

• Is
                              I S SETHI Dec 03, 2010

We got the service in the florida mall The guy did not tell about any contract at all.We discontinued paying when they started charging us $25.00 They are still billing us for the service when we do not have the service for the last two months & when my wife called to tell them to stop sending e mails they deceitfully replied "Thank you for coming
                              back "What a deceitful practice?They are blackmailing the customers.We should file a complaint with Attorney General & FTC to stop this fraudulent practice.

Vonage World Calling Plan — unlimited international = 3000 minutes

Vonage advertised its Word calling plan as Unlimited. When i reached their unsaid limit of 3000 minutes, they...

Vonagedid not give refund as stated

On September 8, 2010, I ordered Vonage service. I was charged over 60 dollars on my credit card that day. I was assured in a phone followup that there was a 30 day refund, if only a partial one, and likewise refund in returning the adapter.

My wife objected and wanted the refund and to use our existing system of Comcast.

On September 10 as ordered I cancelled.

An email was received stating that my order was before September 8, and no refund at all would be granted and I could keep the adapter!

I called and asked about the 30 day refund, and it was impossible for me to find a time machine and go back one day. The response was, more or less, that the refund was "misunderstood" despite my careful checking before a commitment.

Thanks, Comcast. Ten bucks more, BUT at least I can trust your guarantee and refund policy. Comcast may have faults, but not like this! Read the below to confirm my problem:

COPY COPY COPY COPY
                            If your Order Date is before September 8, 2010 and you have cancelled within 30 days from your Order Date, then you are under a 30-day money back guarantee offer under which we will refund your payments, if any, for the first line only, including any paid activation fee, adapter and initial shipping charges, 1st month service charge, fees and certain taxes. Your Order Date is your sign-up date or the date we processed your first payment, whichever came later. If your Order Date is on or after September 8, 2010, there is no money back guarantee offer or refunds upon cancellation, which is further described under "Cancellation" in your order confirmation.

If applicable, our money back guarantee does not apply to any charges for international usage, payphone calls to Vonage toll free numbers and any features or services not expressly included in your monthly plan fee. In addition, we may not be able to refund all of the taxes that you paid.

To receive this refund, you must meet the following conditions:

o You must return the adapter in its original condition, at your cost
                            within 14 days after you receive the Return Authorization email,
                            which includes instructions on how to return the device.
                            After receipt of the Vonage device, we will apply a refund to your
                            payment method on file within 10 business days. If you do not
                            return the adapter according to the Money Back Guarantee policy,
                            you will be charged a Rebate Recovery Fee equal to the rebate
                            amount you originally received for the adapter.

If your Order Date qualifies your cancellation for the money back guarantee and you purchased your adapter from a Retailer, you can return your adapter only to that Retailer pursuant to its return policy. We do not refund the price of Vonage adapters purchased from Retailers under our Money Back Guarantee. However, you will receive a refund of any paid activation fee, 1st month service charge, fees and certain taxes.

Charges for any overages, payphone calls to Vonage toll free numbers, and out of plan international calls or any other features and services outside your plan are separately emailed, billed and charged to your payment method within seven (7) days after cancellation.

Vonagecharging disconnect and &return of rebate& fees

I started Vonage telephone service in February 2010. Phone line with Vonage has static and skips out so when talking to anyone they report that they cannot understand what I am saying. (AT&T is the only other provider in my area for phone service and everyone knows how poor their customer service is.)
                              Called Vonage many times to see what could be done, but due to lack of bandwidth from my interned provider, Vonage is not compatible which was confirmed today by their Tier 4 tech. Called to switch service to AT&T, Vonage wants $79 charge for the "discount" they gave me to sign up, plus the disconnection charges for not completing my year's commitment, I think around $170 total. In order to keep the service with Vonage, Vonage offered to switch my ISP to a DSL service, with Frontier, which would be a downgrade from my current service and probably very slow as I am 7 miles from the freeway, and who knows how far from the station that sends the signal. I think Vonage should do something about the disconnect fees as their service does not work at my location.

Vonagevonage unlimited calling plan

Beware Vonage unlimited is not an unlimited if the usage goes beyond 3000 minutes they are sending emails and customer support calls you to change to powerplan
                                Email below:

Account Number: *************

Dear ****************,

We appreciate your business and thank you for using Vonage for your phone service.

In order to provide the best value to all our customers, we track usage of Vonage residential calling plans. At the time of signup, you agreed to the Vonage Terms of Service (TOS), which includes usage guidelines for normal residential use. If you would like to review the usage guidelines, please see sections 5 and 10 of the TOS.

We have observed usage on your account, ***********, which is not consistent with normal residential use. Specifically, your account shows irregular patterns of use and/or international-minute usage that is more than twice that of our heaviest users.

At this time, you can remain on your current plan, but your usage will need to be changed to fall within normal residential use guidelines; this usage would generally not exceed 3, 000 international minutes per month. As another option, you can switch to a different calling plan, or you can disconnect your service without penalty.

For additional information about your options please respond to this email and one of our associates will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Vonage Customer Service

VONAGE_FAKE Aug 16, 2011

VONAGE FAKE COMPANY..

Comments

VONAGE_FAKE Aug 16, 2011

its a fake company .. getting service is easy
                                    but its difficult to get ride of VONAGE..

• Shekhar Sharma Mar 18, 2011

Vonage Charges $35 and gives 3000 Minutes.
                                    If you want good Service please call us at [protected] Extension 407, we will give you best service and homely customer support.

• Pt
                                    ptcruzinmama Mar 18, 2011

Have you guys ever read your "unlimited" cell phone plans terms of service? Unlimited is never truly unlimited. Theres always a limit. if you are on the phone for 3000+ minutes a month you must have NOTHING better to do!

• Co
                                    complaintourmomma Dec 22, 2010

this is a sales strategy, every company offers unlimited plans ONLY to destinations of small rates per minute such as INDIA, CHINA, EUROPE(only land lines in this case), ect; they work out an estimate amount of minutes an average customer would talk for and release it to the market, now this works wonderfully for some because most of them never actually use the amount of minutes they are actually paying for, thats how the companies make money out of these plans, HOWEVER there's a smallthing companies missed out, you see india is a very populated country, I mean it's not like birth control is the most popular subject there, what I am saying is that these guys really ARE heavy callers because the have a lot of people to call to, they call gradma, grandpa, mom, dad, their 17 brothers and sisters, their sons and daughters, their wifes, friends etc. and the funny part is they believe everything they are told.
                                    Bottom line: "unlimited plan" offered to the indian inmigrant market, not really lucrative.

• Shekhar Sharma Nov 11, 2010

• Pr
                                    pratimohini Nov 11, 2010

Ditto!

Got fed up with Vonage and filed a formal complaint with FCC yesterday. I urge everyone here to do the same. If enough complaints are filed they will investigate the fraudulant practices by Vonage.

• Sh
                                    shantanuk Oct 25, 2010

received same voicemail. customer service cannot explain the limite "unlimited" talk time! they refuse to argue and the only thing they say is you are free to cancel your service!

• Am
                                    amitm Aug 23, 2010

Even I received the similar email. After struggling couple of hours with customer rep, no one and no where they are able to explain that unlimited=3000. And the customer rep (account management) are really crappy. They don't want to listen in any way.
                                    One of the technical person told that earlier they use to send such email if anybody would have crossed the limit of 5000 minutes. But due to congestion in their network, they changed the limit to 3000 minutes and came with new plan (Power user) of $50.
                                    I am thinking to switch to other calling plan. Otherwise tomorrow they will say that unlimited=1500 minutes.
                                    From last one year, Vonage is attracting Indian customer by providing advertise in the leading Indian news paper and Indian TV channels. And now Vonage is not keeping up with it's promise and sending an email that we are not in compliance with it's Terms of Service.

Bottom line -
                                    TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR FROM VONAGE.