Vonage / This company sucks and everyone should call their Better Business Bureau!

Vonage - www.vonage.com

We live on disability and was looking for a cheaper phone company.Went on internet looked into vonage (did not know about Complaints.com) Signed up for the 1 Month free service offered at $24.95. Got to billing page found out that they were charging $29.95 for activation fee. Signed up anyway only to find out that this transaction was costing $47.94 I signed up on 10/13/07 the router which i realized had to be hooked up. I have certain things on my phone line for contacting medical alert for my husband so I decided this would be too much of a hassle. Called Vonage on 10/16/07 to tell them to cancel order.Router which you need to use Vonage service was not even shipped yet. I have called twice and was told my CS that their system was updating. On 10/16 when I called they said the system was updating but CS went into why I was cancelling. I answered her any questions after about five minutes of this I got POed and told them to just cancel the order. She said they would cancel the order but I needed to pay $13.99 to cancel she started to say something about this was a temporary charge By this time I am livid told her they already have 47.94 that was mine and that I would tell everyone I knew about this bogus company I told them I was going on internet and let everyone know how they take your money and you can not get it back. Checked email today 10/22/07 Order status is still pending this means the router was not shipped yet can not get money until I receive or decline the shipment. THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND EVERYONE SHOULD CALL THEIR BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IN THEIR STATE TO STOP DOING BUSINESS WITH A TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN VONAGE COMPANY.

Va

Comments

• Cr
      19th of Jan, 2008

Suck service is BREACH of contract. SUE for a full refund in small claims court

Vonage is the new MCI: they're good at selling but have ZERO interest in customer service, have ZERO ethics, and don't even have the best audio codecs. You're call quality will suffer with vonage. Most of their money is spent on advertising. Their "support" model is like AOL: paying abusive cretins that use vonage with free vonage service. ZERO accountability!!

You're better off with VoicePulse.com or even voip.com. VoicePulse has the BEST quality audio codecs with the lowest compression. $20/mo unlimited National. They also offer lower bandwidth codecs. I use them. They're a little slow implementing new features. It's been TWO years and no new features.. but they will never screw you like vonage does.

For best results use a router that works with DD-WRT.com firmware!

--quote-start--

VoicePulse is the only service that offers five features to protect your privacy.

* Telemarketer Block stops telemarketers even before your phone rings.
    * Anonymous Call Block stops all unidentified calls. (I LOVE this feature!)
    * Do Not Disturb stops all calls.
    * Filters let you configure who can ring your phone and who can't. (puts an end to abusive family calls)
    * CallerID Block stops others from seeing your phone number when you make calls. (if I don't get to see who it is they are NOT ALLOWED to ring MY phone)

--quote-end--

voicepulse can also email voicemail.

Combine with YouMail.com for your mobile phone -- screw verizon wireless!

If you're techically savvy consider getting OPEN SOURCE asterisk and setting up your own VoIP system that's SIP friendly.. with EVERY FEATURE imaginable..

save even more money!!

asterisk.org

"Asterisk is the world’s leading open source telephony engine and tool kit. Offering flexibility unheard of in the world of proprietary communications, Asterisk empowers developers and integrators to create advanced communication solutions...for free"

asterisknow.org

"AsteriskNOW is an open source Software Appliance; a customized Linux distribution that includes Asterisk (the leading open source telephony engine and tool kit), the AsteriskGUI™, and all other software needed for an Asterisk system. AsteriskNOW is easy to install, and offers flexibility, functionality and features not available in advanced, high-cost proprietary business systems."

The VoIP providers, especially vonage, will hate me for informing you about asterisk! ;)

spread the word and screw vonage into non-existence

web ads suck too. never see another one. get all three easylists: http://easylist.adblockplus.org

• Cr
      19th of Jan, 2008

the Better Business Bureau is a WASTE of time. They have ZERO POWER. They just log ###. Complain to the FTC or file in Small Claims court.