Vodacom / signed contract agreeing to r280 and almost r400 is deducted from my account.

1 Vodacom Promenade, South Africa

I can't understand how vodacom can mislead their customers like this. I am very upset, because if I was told in the store that it would cost me R400 monthly I would've politely cancelled and said no thank you. But to mislead me like this is disgraceful. The contract agreement and what I signed for is R280 including insurance and then R374.57 was deducted. The 1 September 2016 I went in for my upgrade, I remember asking only what it would cost me in total including insurance and R280 was the total I was given. I specifically remember telling the consultant that helped me, "I am not willing to pay more than R300 for a phone, because I cannot afford more than that". Vodacom is so quickly to make a sale, yet had they been honest about the extra costs, I would not have taken the phone. On top of everything I called the call centre, the cancellation department, and the consultant there, put me on hold for more than 20 minutes till I hung up. The customer service I received was pathetic, and I work in a similar environment and we strive to help our customers and solve the problems, but clearly this is not the case for Vodacom.

Ma