Birch Communications Logo

Birch Communications

Having problems with Birch Communications?

Birch Communications Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 424 5100 (Customer Service)
+1 877 319 1540 (Sales Representative)
320 Interstate North Pkwy SE
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30339-2213

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Birch Communications Customer Service. Initial Birch Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Birch Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Birch Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Birch Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Birch Communications Complaints & Reviews

Sep 21, 2020

Birch Communications — Failure to disconnect our service when asked

We have notified your company many, many times that we are wanting to disconnect your service, yet you either...

Birch Communicationsbirch communications continues to bill for two months of telephone service after porting completed to century link

July 31, 2017 Birch Communication signed for the receipt of Termination of Service request for our Company Telephone service. The porting over of all of our Business lines to Century Link was completed on 8/24/2017.

Birch Communication continued to Invoice our Company for two additional months of telephone service through 10/31/2017 plus late fees due to their failure to complete the processing of porting paperwork internally. In January 2018 and again in June 2019, Birch Communications and their collection representatives have been provided proof of the porting completion date and delivery of the termination request yet they refuse the reverse the overcharge for telephone service and two years of late fees. It seems unethical that a telecommunication company can continue to charge customers for a service they no longer provided.

Birch Communicationssubstandard product and unreasonable disconnect procedures and billings

Our company signed a 3-year service contract with Birch Communications in February 2016, being promised that we would get dedicated IP internet service at 6MB download speed minimum and 10% discount throughout the entire service period. We got the 10% discount but the internet speed rarely hit 6MB and affected the speed of our office operations. I called in multiple times to complain, but all I got was the Tech Support claiming that my IT department set up some kind of firewall that prevented the internet speed from going up but I know that this is not true.

In early December of 2018, we sent in a written non-renewal/disconnect notice, but received an email to call in after phone and internet services were ported over to the new ISP. Our new ISP sent in multiple requests to port but was blocked or rejected, thus postponing the porting date a couple times. However, during the two phone calls that I had with Birch Customer Service, they told me that the requests were never made. By the time the phone lines got ported by a technician, it was already a month from the initial request date. When I called to make sure all services have been disconnected, the first customer service rep told me that the porting has not been completed, leaving me puzzled and confused. I called my new ISP to verify and called Birch again, this time the customer service rep told me that someone will coordinate the disconnect and that it will take 30 days to complete the disconnect process.

During my entire adult life and the many times where I switched phone companies never had I heard of such non-sense disconnect procedure and additional billing after service has been terminated. And by far, this is the worst internet/phone company I've ever dealt with.

Birch Communications — Internet and Phone Services

We had been with CBeyond for about 2 years and were negotiating a new 3 year contract about 2.5 years ago. I...

Birch CommunicationsPhone Lines

I got a call today from "Naurice" stating that since AT&T has had many complaints, they were allowing Birch to lease accounts. The man made it sound like it wasn't something that was optional and it was just going to happen and my bill would lower significantly. He was speaking so quickly, I didn't have a chance to write everything down that he said but it seemed extremely fishy. He told me that he had to transfer me over to his supervisor to give me the details and when he did, I started to ask him more questions about the situation; his name was Steven Austin - phone [protected] ext. 0. When I asked why I hadn't been contacted by AT&T, he said it was because we had less than 15 phone lines...They repeated that we were NOT entering into a new contract and that there was no action that needed to take place on my part. Then, I stated again that I did not understand and he repeated that AT&T was allowing them to take over the billing while we remained a customer of AT&T and that was just bizarre to me. He then told me that I needed to answer some questions from an automated system verifying our services via the key pad on the phone and it would complete our transaction. I told him I would like a formal written statement from him so that I could be fully aware of what was taking place and he took my email address down so he could "get that right over" but I still have not seen that email. Do not let them push you into a corner and certainly DO NOT ANSWER THEIR AUTOMATED QUESTIONS. Do your research on them before they try and force you into a new contract with their company and terminate your contract with your provider because I have no doubt that although they said it wasn't a contract, it very much was and AT&T gave them no permission to do that.

Liz Shewmaker Aug 01, 2016

The EXACT same thing happened to me at my work! On June 6th or so, I received that same phone call and went through that same process, thinking I was actually speaking to an AT&T employee and the changes that would happen were simply discounts to our AT&T account. The man who called never ONCE clearly stated who his employer was, leaving me to assume he worked for AT&T! Especially since he had so much of our business information! So naively, I completed recording all the answers as instructed by the sales person and fell victim to the deceitful and deceptive ways of business of Birch Communications. Fortunately, we were able to switch back to AT&T within a week all because of AT&T. They were extremely helpful and understanding, saying this has happened to so many people. Apparently it is called "slamming" and according to the FCC/Federal Law it is illegal to switch landlines without authorized permission (hence why Birch records the answers to the questions they ask, and not the ENTIRE conversation with the telemarketer). They have your voice recording to make it appear that you were aware of what changes were to occur, when actually you're only doing what the shady-### telemarketer tells you to. The following month, we received a bill from Birch for over $170!! We only had 7 days of their service before returning to AT&T! Also, Federal Law (The FCC) says if you are a victim of "slamming", you do not have to pay the slamming company for services rendered for the first 30 days. So my boss wrote them a letter in response to their bill, stating we would not be paying them anything because of this FCC Law. A few weeks later, we received another bill from Birch, this time crediting us so our bill was for only a week of their service ($63 total) with a $10.98 late payment fee! How ridiculous! Again, the same letter was sent to Birch, but this time it threatens legal action. So to sum up, DO NOT USE BIRCH COMMUNICATIONS EVER!
          I hope my experience with Birch described above can help anyone.
          Here is a link to the FCC website about "slamming":

BirchComm Jun 22, 2016

Alexa, My name is Cassandra Gulia and I work in the Marketing Dept. for Birch . Please email me at [email protected] regarding your experience with Birch Communications. I will partner with our Customer Care Director to help resolve your issue. Thank you.

Birch Communications Inc. — Landline service

Our land line service has been inoperable since March 24. First off, the support phone number on their...

Birch Communications — Being billed for 2 additional months after service termination request

When arranging to move from my previous residence, I disconnected all services on a set date. Everything went...

Birch CommunicationsHarassing Calls

I inadvertently picked up an incoming call from [protected]. Caller wanted to talk to the person in charge of Century Link account. When he ID'd himself as Birch Communications, I said I was not interested and asked to be on the Do Not Call list. After hanging up, he has called repeatedly (I'm not answering).

Jared Williams Dec 31, 2015

Hello, we are sorry to hear about the trouble you had with Birch. Please use this URL, (http://www.birch.com/forms/do-not-call-request), to remove your number from our call registry. If further assistance is needed, please feel free to contact Jared Williams at [email protected]

Birch Commuicatons — this company ignored my request several times and it was the worst services

I called to Birch Commuicatons and asked them to lower my monthly bills. The rep said that they would charge...

Birch CommunicationsUnethical and rude behavior

This past summer my AT &T contract was up so since we already had internet service with Birch I decided to transfer all our communication services with birch. I was lied to and told it would easy and effortless on my part but what really happened was that I was without internet for a month and when I asked birch people they blamed AT &T and AT &T put the blame on birch. I was given the run around by birch and because I am not educated about wiring and communication lines I had no way to fire back at anyone and I think this is how birch gets away with their dishonesty, Their customer service is horrible, very rude and are not willing to negotiate. Stay AWAY from this company. They are only out for themselves. They cost our company a lot of lost revenue because of the internet outage.

• Ti
              timATbirch Nov 17, 2015

Hello, I saw your post and I wanted to offer my assistance and do some additional research on the issue you experienced. Can you please send your account information and callback number so I can follow up? tim [dot] phelps [at] birch [dot] com Thank you. -Tim Phelps, Birch

Birch Communications — Telephone Service Refund and Customer Service Representative

I discontinued my service with Birch Communications, Inc. (140 Gateway Dr, Ste A, Macon, GA 31210) on Oct 17...

Birch Communications — Deceptive practices & Hidden fees

Birch Communications is the worst telecommunications company in the world, even tops Verizon for the...

Birch CommunicationsHorrible Service

We have used CBeyond for some years, with few issues. Now Birch has purchased them and it tanked, fast. Three weeks with intermittent phone and Internet and the phones are still not working right. When you call, they say things are down for several days while the merge. We run a business that is 24 hours and they have done nothing but hinder our success. I am extremely disappointed that this the the first impression we get from the new company.

Birch Communications Oct 06, 2014

Mr. Sarang, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
                We sincerely apologize for anyinconvenience you may have experienced and would like to investigate yourconcerns immediately.
                Please send us an email urgently with youraccount number and the best phone number to reach you on, at [email protected] we will have a member of our team reach out to you immediately.

Mr. Sarang,
                Please send us an email urgently with your account number and the best phone number to reach you on, at [email protected] and we will have a member of our team reach out to you immediately.

Birch Communications Oct 06, 2014

Mr. Sarang, We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and would like to investigate your concerns immediately.

Birch CommunicationFraudulent and deceptive sales

Birch Communication called my home pretending to be my current phone service provider At&t! During this phone call the lady told me she was able to offer me a locked in price on my monthly bill that was lower than what I was currently paying. She had all of my personal information and knew everything about my At&t account which only led me to believe this really was At&t. The next thing I know, I am switched to Birch Communication and stuck in this ridiculous contract that I never agreed to. In order for me to be released from this "contract" I never agreed to, I have to pay a crazy amount of money! I came to Complaint Board to see what I could find on Birch Communication and I am seeing the same complaints. I am not sitting back and allowing this deceptive company to manipulate me and charge me for something I never agreed to. I am making all necessary calls to BBB and they are directing me to all of the proper places to deal with this company accordingly! If this company is doing the same thing to you, stand up and speak out so they can be shut down. Do not allow them to deceive you and please don't allow them to continue doing this to other people! We are all hard working citizens who are simply trying to honestly pay our bills and make it in this world. We deserve honesty and respect not deceptive sales tactics! Help me put a stop to this company for good!

Birch Communications Feb 25, 2016

Good afternoon,
                  My sincerest apologies for the billing related issues. I will gladly assist with helping to resolve issue. In order for me to escalate this issue to Customer Care, I will need for you to email with your Birch account information and a good contact number. You can reach me at [email protected] Jared Williams, PR Manager at Birch

• Br
                  Brenda Pollinger Bomar Feb 03, 2016

Just got off the phone with Birch - they switched our phones without our permission. When we finally got AT&T back - they sent us a letter stating we owed them $1600 for canceling the contract. We never did sign a contract. They played a voice recording back where we said YES repeatedly. Sames like the same YES every time. We thought they were a vendor of AT&T to repair our service. We are a non profit Veterans Organization - there response was so? Stay away from these people they are Frauds unethical and rude.

Birch Communications — Sneaky Fees

Birch took over my long distance (only) phone service account from Covista, who I had been with for about 7...

Birch CommunicationsDo not do business with them! (Negligence, Deciet, Lies, incompetent)

I have been without phone service for 9 days to a business. My service went out on 10/4/12 and has been out ever since. The tech support has been the worst i've ever seen. For the last 3 days tech support was no show and no call. Every day when we call they tell us tech support will be there the next day (guaranteed)...they never show. I am starting to believe that tech's were never called or scheduled in the first place. Never have I had technicians no show for multiple days. What do I have to do to even get a tech to come out and check the lines????? I have never had such crappy service from a phone company before and advise anyone interested in doing business with them to stay away. They will not fix your problems.

LauraW Oct 23, 2012

My name is Laura Wagner and I work in the Marketing Dept. for Birch Communications. I am sorry to hear about your issue. The issue you describe is not normal for our customers. Please contact me at [email protected] with your contact phone number and account number if available. I will work with our Director of Customer Care to see if there is anything we can do to to resolve this issue for you.

Birch Phone CompanyIt is extortion

I am using Birch Phone Company services for some time. All the bills were paid in time and today I discovered that my phone is switched off. I thought it is a mistake and I called them to solve this problem. But they told they can’t help me. I think they want money for turning off. It is extortion.

LauraW Sep 12, 2012

My name is Laura, and I am a Marketing Manager with Birch Communications. I am sorry to hear about your experience. At Birch, we pride ourselves on our customer service. Please forward your contact phone number and/or account number to me at [email protected] I will share your information with our Director of Customer Care. She, or a member of her team, may be able to do more for you and possibly resolve some of these issues. Thank you.

Birch Communications — Deceitful agreements

Birch called trying to get me to switch phone companies in 2008. THey promised me my total fees would...

Birch TelecomRefused to help me

I can not sum up in 100 words how horrible this company has been to me. They have driven me to the brink of a complete meltdown. I have spoken to at least 10 people from this company and I have yet to receive a straight answer. I don't receive call backs when promised, I get employees passing the buck, and was told by a manager that if the VP of finance wont do her job he can not make her. He even went as far as calling her out by name! If you are looking for a company that bills you correctly or at least fixes their mistakes then you do not want Birch for any type of service. I have tried since December to resolve an issue and just when I finally thought it was fixed, I receive another bill that is still incorrect. When I called about it yesterday I was given attitude and disrespect and the same song and dance that I was given every other time. They will open a ticket and I never hear back from them. I have tried to be fair and give this company a chance but its just not worth the heartache month after month. I will be filing a report with the FCC and I hope that they can help me since Birch will not! All I want is a correct invoice, is that to much to ask?

Birch TelecomDo not go with them

Do not go with Birch. No customer care . No customer appreciation. once you sign or think about signing they put you on contract and give you run around and try to collect money. DOn't pay let it go to collection agency then deal with collection agency it is easier and you can get away easy.

i so called owed them $2322 and i just finalized a deal with collection agency for $200. Be smart dont try to deal with them.

I think with this pace they will out of business pretty soon. I am sorry for the employees but it is the worst company i ever dealt with.

Lisa Machado Jan 23, 2012

please dont pay them at all obama said there is no contracting over phones because no signature u did not sign contract so dont pay nothin...

Lisa Machado Jan 23, 2012

well my name is leah and ive been screwed by birch communications and im tierd of it. when i first caled them they promised me that when i switched my services from the other company they promised to get same service cheaper prices, i didnt sign an aggrement or conract i dont sign contract with nobody.. two years later i had some problems in my business and the birch communicator told me i dont have in line insurance and i was wondering why i asked to hear the online recording and they told me to ask for a lawyer to hear the recording and i said did u ask me for a lawyer to record me when u called me for service.. please dont sign contract withn this company or u will give them free money cuz they like to charge small amounts that u would never notice on your bill each month and now its against the law to do contacts over the phone thats what obama said on tv ...so beware of this company they love to scam people...if you have questions pleae contact me at [protected] DONT EVER REFER FAMILY FRIENDS OR PEOPLE U KNOW TO THIS COMPANY>>>>>>> if u want to call me so we can get together to do something about this company please feel free to call...HOUSTON TIME NO LATER THAN 9 PM THANK YOU LEAH if you dont do anything they will lie and cheat you...

LauraW Mar 31, 2011

My name is Laura and I’m in the Birch Marketing Dept. We take special measures to ensure our customers are aware of the contracts they enter into with Birch Communications. We verify every sale and have an independent third-party company record the transaction. Contracts and early termination fees are standard in our industry. I regret the confusion you experienced on this issue. Please email me at [email protected] regarding your experience with Birch Communications. I will partner with our Customer Care Director to help resolve your issue. Thank you.