Vodacom / repair

1 South Africa

I had booked in my Sony Xperia L (C2105) for repair on the 10th of April 2015 at the CelluCiti vodacom store in Clearwater.
My phone did not want to read the sim card and it was contentiously freezing on all applications.
I had received a call today advising me the phone is back from repair and that i should collect.
I get to the store and the consultant Charl advised me the unit has been swapped out for a New device.
I noticed the model number was different but the consultant insisted that the model is the same and just the imei number has been changed.
I took the model number down an search the internet only to find out that the model was indeed different from the phone i had originally booked in.
The Sony C2105 i booked in for repair was a 8 megapixel camera phone and the device that i received was the Sony Xperia E which is a 5 megapixel phone.
I am certainly not happy with this phone as this is a downgrade for me.
I raised the issue same time with the store and only to be told by Charl that Vodacom has discontinued the Sony Xperia L and therefore given me the Sony Xperia E.
It is not my fault in the first place that my device cannot be repaired and therefore have to take a lower spec device.
Charl then advised me that it is out of his control and that i need to escalate this matter with Vodacare.
As being a loyal contract customer with Vodacom for many years i think i should be receiving good customer service and not be getting the run around.
I specifically bought this device on the basis of having a good quality camera phone, if i had wanted a 5 megapixel device i would not have bought the Sony Xperia C2105.
Please understand i am not being difficult or demanding as a client, all im simply asking for is give me a replacement C2105 if not a device that has the similar specs but must have the same 8 megapixel camera.
If you look at the time frame i had to wait for the device i think i have been more than patient.
The turnaround time that my device is in for currently is more than a month with no even loan phone issued to me.I was asked by the repair centre to return the device so they can have this resolved and swoped out for a different make and model and still no joy as i am still awaitng ETA on a swop out device as per Vodacom Repair centre.
the service from Vodacom is extremely poor.

Kind regards