Vodacom / bad repair work

1 89 Milkwood Place, Winterhoek Park, Uitenhage, 6229Port Elizabeth, South Africa Review updated:
Phone: 071 497 1916

On Saturday the 2nd of May 2015. I returned my iPhone 64GB Silver for a warranty repair as I have bought on the 19th of March 2015. I received a loan phone without internet access and could not import my contacts. I was so relieved when they sent me an sms to fetch my phone on the 6th of May 2015, I was also very impressed by the quick response in rectifying the issue.

My phone touch function is malfunctioning,

Upon receiving the phone I had to do the whole setup from scratch of my phone.
so they just cleaned up the software and installed the latest iOS again.

Not even 24 hours of receiving the phone it does the same thing. Now I have to take my phone back to them to do the same thing again. On the repair note of the phone there was no notes to state the repair work they have done.

I am so disappointed, and regret not buying this phone straight from I-Stores

Ph
May 7, 2015

Comments

• Al
      23rd of Aug, 2010
    Vodacom - I am now stuck without a phone
    vodacom.com

I have been a regular customer with vodacom for the past 5 years. My phone has been stolen recently and as i phoned to confirm whether i can get a new phone, they said i have no insurance. I was furious as with all my contracts i take out insurance, why would i not with this one??

I am now stuck without a phone!!!

• Hi
      26th of Aug, 2010
    Vodacom - No contact possible with Vodacom
    vodacom.com

Not able to contact Vodacom store in Vanderbijlpark for the last two days - phones either ring or out of order. Vaal Mall advise that phones not paid! Crazy for a store that sells phones not to have phones that are working! Tried to call now for two days, and unable to make any contact about a new phone that has a 7 day out of box guarantee for a phone that is problematic.

• Em
      22nd of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - Lack of response after application for contract
    vodacom.com

I applied online for a contract. After a week I received an e-mail saying that my application was successful. Since then (2 weeks later), I have sent e-mails requesting that a consultant contact me so that the contract can be finalised but to no avail. I have tried phoning their customer lines but you are kept on hold for so long that eventually you just hang up. Once I held on for 35 minutes listening to the same prerecorded messages.

• St
      23rd of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - I am ready to throw this vodacom 3G card into the dustbin
    vodacom.com

I had good 3G signal 2 days ago. Suddenly all I could get was weak GRPS. The call centre insists that it is my computer and nothing to do with the actual Vodacom signal. For 2 days now I cannot get 3G at all, having had relatively consistent service until now. How come its my computer? I am ready to throw this vodacom 3G card into the dustbin and get MTN. My partner has MTN and has no problem with signal.

• Lu
      27th of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - None of Vodacom sales people seem to be able to help me solve my problem
    vodacom.com

This is not actually a complaint but none of Vodacom sales people seem to be able to help me solve my problem. On one of my contract numbers, which is used by my wife, there are time when you dial the number that there is a knid of interference and your phone connects to the number but it does not connect to the other number. The noise just continues and my wife does not even get a missed call or message.

• Ke
      27th of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - Spent 25 minutes on hold to call center
    vodacom.com

As with numerous other complainants, I too applied online for a phone plus contract with the stated undertaking from Vodacom to contact me within 48 hours. Five days later, I'm still waiting. Have also spent 25 minutes on hold to call centre, finally aborting call. Why does Vodacom bother advertising for customers when they clearly don't have the capacity or motivation to respond to them?

• Go
      26th of Oct, 2010
    Vodacom - iPhone 4 Contract
    South Africa

i applied for iPhone 4 on 15 Oct 2010. I was told that the application is approved and I will receive my phone within the next 8 to 9 days. I rec the port form, completed and immediately emailed it back to Eddie Vosloo. Today is the 25th October and still no answer. I've been trying to call them the whole day, No answer.

28th of Oct, 2010

rather put this on hellopeter.com

vodacom are responders on there, and they will sort you out there...

24th of Jan, 2011
    Vodacom - Take no notice of complaints
    vodacom
    South Africa

Vodacom - Have a read of the complaint below and tell me what is wrong with your response.

You lot don't bother to read the complaints - it looks like you have a canned response to any complaints.

Its a joke

• Mr
      5th of Feb, 2011
    Vodacom - Never again will I deal with Vodacom
    Vodacom

Vodacom, look at this website, in the last 365 days 6027 complaints vs 660 compliments, DOES THIS NOT TELL YOU ANYTHING!!! Your 3G internet connectivity is an absolute joke!! You lock customers into signing 2 year contracts, don't deliver on your service and when one chooses to opt out, is expected to pay for the remaining duration of the contract. You guys are the biggest shysters on the planet, just remember what comes around goes around.

• Ca
      8th of Feb, 2011
    Vodacom - sold me a used phone as a new one
    vodacom
    South Africa

I purchased a Blackberry handset for cash price only to discover that the phone was used before. I fond messages on the phone dated to 1 year before i bought the phone wat is more frustrating is that the scroll button is now not working and it has only been 2days since i paid cash for this product.i emailed the Vodashop but no reply seems as if once they have you money thats that.Should i not be entitled to get a brand new phone ?

• Ca

thats not right!

Vodacom - Still receiving spam and no response from vodacom
    Vodacom

I have logged a complaint regarding these MMS's on here about a week and a half ago. I did receive a reply from vodacom that gave me a ref no: EC-ZULN-2IVBU. The message also stated that someone would contact me shortly to sort out the problem. I haven't heard anything from them yet, and I'm still receiving the News4U mss's. Can someone please contact me to sort this out.

• He
      11th of May, 2011
    Vodacom - Illegal Rica of cell
    South Africa

On 10/05/2011 I received an SMS that my cell number has been Rica'd. I did some investigations and found that indeed, my number has been Rica'd with my ID number.
    I want to know:
    Who did it? Customer care was unable to assist.
    Who gave them permission?
    Where did they get my ID number and other details?
    I view this as identity fraud and want an explanation before I take it further

11th of May, 2011

hennie i suggest that you contact Home Affairs. Someone could be using you details for unknown business. there are a lot of scams going on, you might just fall victin, to that.

13th of Jan, 2012

First off, I sympathise however if you are a company with a client base of 8000+ individuals, is it feasible to expect any type of customer services? For them it is a money making BUSINESS with a capital B. The employees are told not to divulge information unless it is asked for and if you happen to have researched information, know your rights and challenge them, the employee cuts the phone call. I have recordings of many of my unpleasant dealings and still to no avail. I am one person in a multitude and they could not care. My advise: Cancel your contract and go to the opposition wiser and much more wary.

29th of Feb, 2012

in January 2011 i had all 3 my Vodacom accounts cancelled.
    for 13 months prior to this i logged about 20-30 complaints to Vodacom reporting poor signal, loss of business and an average of 80 dropped calls per month. after sending a technician to test the signal in my area Vodacom authorised the termination of my contracts at no penalties or expenses to me. my cell number was ported to MTN (the better connection). my nr can only be legally ported one Vodacom has authorised it as well as verifying that my account is up to dat.
    in Feb 2012 i became a contract client with MTN.
    vodacom continued to bill my account for a service i no longer had. after 4 months of reversing my debit orders to Vodam i called the customer care line and was told that my accounts were still active and that the cancellation was not logged correctly.
    another 6 months passed and i recieved legal letters from Hammond Pole attourneys claiming almost R13 000 for a service i have not had at all.
    refusing to pay this i contacted Vodacom and Hammond Pole and was sent back and forth with no results.
    as result i have been listed with ITC and my credit record has been compromised.
    my business banker has called back my business overdraft facility until this matter is resolved.
    dealing with the attourneys i gave them every detail so that they can collect every voice recorded phone call in which they can establish that Vodacom actually agreed to terminate all my contracts.
    the claim has been taken back from Hammond Pole attourneys and Vodacom has now appointed a new debt collecter to attempt to intimmitade me for the claimed amount.

spending the last 2 months on the phone with Vodacom, hammond Pole and the new debt collectors i have absolutely no joy...
    not a single person at Vodacom can help me, neither can their internal legal Dept help me.
    after driving to Vodaworld and spending the day there i was disgusted that i was not allowed to see any legal department and was forced to call them from the parking lot where i spent an hour on the phone with Desmond, the reprasentative for the legal department at vodacom.
    my emails no longer go through to the legal team and this now leaves me with absolutely no means of resolving this matter.
    in the meantime i have an Unlawful ITC listing and i am faced with severe financial issues to to my overdraft facility being recalled.

not only is the signal supplied by Vodacom of the poorest standard i have experienced, the service is just as poor. i will publically advise anybody not to consider Vodacom as a service provider but to rather consider MTN.

IF ANYBODY HAS ANY ADVICE FOR ME I WILL GLADLY LISTEN 084 501 9281

vODACOM, I WILL NOT REST UNTIL MY NAME HAS BEEN CLEARED AND THE CLAIM BE WITHDRAWN...
    WATCH FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AND OTHER FORMS OF MEDIA WHERE I WILL BE POSTING THIS COMPLAINT