Vizio / Terrible customer service

1 39 TeslaIrvine, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888.849.4623

I purchased a Vizio VX32L television at Costco in Dec 2007. After a few weeks of using the unit, a 4" vertical green stripe began to appear on the screen. I first contacted Vizio Customer Service in January, 2008. Vizio, at first, refused to replace the TV claiming that I had damaged the set. After escalating it to a level 3(?) status, Vizio finally agreed to send me a replacement TV. After 3 more weeks, the replacement TV arrived, WHICH WAS ALSO DAMAGED! After 5 minutes of use, the screen would scramble and freeze and a loud popping noise would come from the speakers(I thought it was going to blow up). So, after contacting Vizio yet again, and sending the broken replacement set back (they put a $600 hold on my credit card until they received the unit back)they agreed to send me a second replacement unit. After 3 weeks and no replacement TV, I contacted Vizio again for follow up. Their promise was that they would express ship a unit to me. After another week, no replacement. Another call to Vizio and I came to find out that they screwed up the work order. It is now July, 2008 and after several broken promises ("Lost the work order", "The TV is on back order", "That person who ordered your replacement is no longer with the company"...) I still have no replacement TV. So, after 7 months and at 10 - 15 hours of being placed on hold and bounced around from department to department at Vizio, I am done. I am throwing my broken Vizio TV in the trash and buying a Sony. Take my advice, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER waste your money on a Vizio product. You will end up with a broken piece of junk, out your hard-earned money and will be frustrated to no end. It amazes me how a company with such defective products and horrible customer service can stay in business.

Ms

Comments

• Ro
      16th of Jun, 2009

My 47" Vizio - the screen went blank. Trying to get it fixed through ITI. They are not returning my calls.

• Ro
      23rd of Jun, 2009

We bought a Vizio 47" LCD at Costco (3 hours a way) for $1699.99. When we got it home we found it to have grey areas in the black. we loaded it up and returned it...3 hours away. thinking no prob to return. NO! they said we had to call Vizio. We did. After days of fight they said to take a pic, and send it. We did and no response. We kept it. 2 years later it suddenly went dead. we called to find that our 2 year warranty was up 1 month ago. They said our light went out and that is not worth the $ to repair . What suckers we were. Defective and they will not stand behind! We thought we would support them as they were supposed to be for the people (as I heard, anyway) We are just sick about this. disgusted! and saddened with humanity.

• Cj
      30th of Jun, 2009

My wife and I had bought a Vizio VX32L tv from Sams Club. We have had the TV for 1 yr 4 mths before it started to get red spots all over. I contacted Vizio and was told to take pictures of the TV and e-mail them in for them to see what was wrong. I did and never heard from them again. I called and spoke to someone in the Tech dept. who said that it was out of warranty and there was nothing they could do about it. I asked for customer service and The lady I spoke to was Margrett. I told her about this problem and was told that there was nothing they could do. They make millions of TV's and there is bound to be a bad one when you have electronics. I have owned many TV's over the years and have never had a bigger piece of crap. I hope someone else reads this and does not waste there hard earned money on one of these TV's.

C Jones
    Bristol, IN. 46507

• Tc
      18th of Sep, 2009

We got a 42" Vizio HDTV Flat Screen for our 10 year wedding anniversary last Aug '08. Everything was good until about May-June. We have trouble turning on the tv.

We have been calling Vizio since June with no satisfaction. I am very irritated! They should stand behind their product and replace the faulty ones with new/like/kind.

They are saying our model is discontinued. It's not our fault, give us a new tv!!! Now, there is a hold up because we live in Canada...

I am taking steps to put in a complaint to the BBB.

This is getting really old.

Signed,
    A Tiny Irriated

• Ed
      6th of Feb, 2016

I bought the Vizio M501D-A2R 2 years ago. The whole screen is flashing dim to bright and they say it is not worth fixing. Really, 800.00 disposable TV?

• Ev
      22nd of Feb, 2016

They are a terrible co.. Samsung is the same, really bad customer service!