Viking River Cruises / breach of contract

CA, United States Review updated:

We cruised the Danube with Viking River Cruises in May, 2009. The trip included only a night and a day in Vienna, not enough but we accepted that based on at least having an evening there.

But Viking didn't come through with the evening they had promised. They said there was a problem with bridge construction that would delay arrival in Vienna, and tied up instead at the tiny village of Krems, where there was nothing to see and nothing to do. Night in Vienna or night in Krems? What would you choose?

Assuming they really couldn't get the boat to Vienna, they could still have taken the passengers. It wasn't very far, and they already had buses taking people into Vienna for a concert. Those of us who didn't sign up for the concert should have been allowed to go on those buses, just so we could have our promised evening in Vienna. Instead we got to hang around the ship listening to wretched music or going to bed early.

Some companies make sure things go right for their customers even when something unexpected comes up. If our experience is any indication, Viking isn't one of them.

Comments

• Ri
      11th of Feb, 2010

Let me disclose that I work for Viking. I would be happy to see how we can make belated amends, if at all possible. Feel free to contact me at [protected]@vikingrivercruises.com

• Ro
      14th of Feb, 2010

I'm curious, did you have the insurance TripMate and did it help?
    Roxana

• La
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Viking River Cruises - Not able to see the entire Danube due to low water. There should be some compensation because of this inconvenience.

See above

• Vi
      20th of Sep, 2018
    Viking River Cruises - disapponting customer service / very careless
    vikingrivercruise.com

I got Injured during My cruise there was no help from Viking at all, Even though I purchased recommended insurance from them, when I call and complaint They were very careless and irresponsible and brushed me off very quickly. If you are injured you are on your own.

• Ha
      11th of Apr, 2019
    Viking River Cruises - Viking mail
    28080 Orangegrove Ave

I have called and e mailed to stop the Viking cruise line flyers that keep coming in my mail. They still keep coming. How do I stop them?
    From Viking 5700 Canoga Ave., Suite 200, Woodland Hills CA 91367