Videocon / very poor tv repair service

1 India Review updated:

I had purchase of the Videocon TV, model # 22NP on 22/Oct/2006 from Kundan Elctronics, Bommahalli, Bangalore. I purchased this TV due to SALES MAN approach for extended warranty and other offers. Just after 10 days time my TV cabinet got burned from the top left side with wiring of the TV colour . I logged for complaint and also visited to the dealer place from where I was purchased the TV but till one week nobody responded for my complaint (complaint # 700VA06J31094)

Several times when I called to service centre to Mr.Adi mobile # [protected] to attend the complaint, denied by him stating that your place is too far and I can’t come at your time. Then personally I arranged his visit at my house by going to receive him. He never opened the TV and told me to take the TV to service centre. On request he gave the contact number of his superior and I spoke to Mr. Balaji [protected]) and got the same reply that you bring the TV to service centre and assured about repair.

I took the TV to the service centre and got the receipt No. 2188. Till 10 days no-body called me, when I called for asking my TV repair status after 10 days, I received feedback that TV is not yet repaired will call you and tell you (Ph# 22129327).

After two days again I called and followed with Mr.Balaji[protected]) for repair and again he committed me that he will call me back and tell the status but he never turned to me. When again I called to him, he said let me check with my seniors about your TV repair. Again when I called him, he said he needs to talk to his regional manager and get the approval but added the word that “It will be chargeable”.

First of all the TV they haven’t opened it and check the problem and telling some big charges without any fault from our side. And simply forcing us to pay the charges.

We have kept TV to the service centre and waiting for repair but mr.balaji is delaying the repair and telling about some charges.

Please help us to get the TV repaired since we don’t know how it burned suddenly at the top and there is wiring assembly also got burned on the top which is supporting to the TV colour.

Comments

Ko
  15th of Mar, 2008

Yes I agree with you worst product & service

I have mailed to service authority team which was placed at there website & every time i send the mail it fails & comes back... the mail is as follows

To

The Service Manager
Videocon

With reference to the above subject, i would like to bring to your
notice that i purchased a clour TV Jumbo 34 on 14/01/2008. From the
date of purchase i am facing problems like imaging getting tilted the
same has been informed to the local service centre and the
representative has rectified the same.

After the rectification i am facing an other problem of getting color
patches on the screen very oftenly, after repeated complaints the
inspections by your service representative the problem is not getting
resolved and the representative claims that this can not be rectified
and the same problem is also being notice among other tv sets of same
model and he does not have a resolution for the same.

So i would request you to provide certain permanent resolution from
the company end in what ever means you find it appropriate and pass on
a good experience and satisfaction of purchase done

Hoping to receive an acknowledgment with appropriate resolution at the earliest.

My contact details are as follows

I am sure i will sue these fellows

De
  19th of Aug, 2008

The Sr. Service Manager

Videocon Industries Ltd.

Mumbai

Complaint no 7KA0088100044 dated 10/8/08 not attended –Washing Machine model- K-5300

Dear Sir,

I bought a new washing machine in May'08 and is stopped working within 3 months. I lodged a complaint on Sunday 10th August'08. The Engineer, Mr. Sudesh (Mob No 93245 73410) visited my residence and inspected the machine and said that the front panel is to be changed. Thereafter he has not come again as the part was not available . I spoke to his supervisor Mr.Balwant, Marol (Tel 28500637/28596555) who said that the part will be coming only on Friday 22/8/08 and it could be repaired earliest by Saturday 23/8/08 making it 14 days from the date of the complaint.

Sir. I spent Rs 8500/- on this machine with the specific object of reducing the heavy washing load in my residence as to provide me some convenience considering I have a small child, however the poor service has left me disappointed and frustrated. If a reputed company like Videocon cannot attend to a complaint within two or three days then I feel that the service is poor and it is not worth getting into a relationship with such a company. I am surprised that your service station does not stock all the spare parts. What type of service can it render if it does not stock essential parts of a machine?

The sale of a product it is not the end of the transaction but the beginning of a new relationship and prompt service is the key to your goodwill. There can be no worst publicity than bad service. It is better to spend more money on after sales service rather than on a costly brand ambassador like Shah Ruk Khan.

Please attend to my complaint on top priority

Regards

Derek Soares

Ni
  13th of Sep, 2008

you are intrested videocon tv reaiiring, please contact to me.our emaill address

first you are to come decided reparing charges . otherwise decided yes or no

Va
  14th of Sep, 2008

I have copied the e-mail content which I had sent to Videocon at 'contact@videoconmail.com' but did not get any response so far. The details about the problem are given below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I am writing this e-mail to highlight the Videocon quality of service & response time and how they cheat customer.

Just to brief about the problem, I had given my TV for service on 13 Aug 2008 with the problem reported by me as “A yellow vertical line appears in the left side of the TV screen” and it was logged through complaint# 9800188130002. After that the set was collected on the same day and I was given Job sheet# 1582.
After a week when I called up service center, I was told that the TV tuner board has gone and has to be replaced and a rough estimation was given as 4500Rs.

Then I started to have my tough time given in below points

1. I was not really convinced about their analysis of tuner board being BAD, since audio and video was functioning fine except a vertical line on TV screen.

2. They did not give me proper estimation of the amount of time it is going to take for resolving the issue and delivering the TV. Initially I was told one week, when I called back after one week, they said another two days. This ‘another two days” was continued till one month and I was wasting my time, energy and money in calling up service center (080-4155 2384) and head office(080-222 19 441/440) throughout one month.

3. Finally the day had come on 8 Sep 2008 when I got call a call from service centre and informed me that the TV is ready and will be delivered today.
That moment I asked the lady supervisor, have you done proper testing on the TV? Then I was convinced that every thing is perfect and the yellow vertical line has gone and will not reappear. And the TV was delivered on that day and I was charged 5250.00 Rs

4. In the evening on the same day when I switched ON the TV, for my surprise I saw the same original issue “yellow vertical line on the screen” for which I had given TV for service and paid that much amount. Then I realized that Videocon service centre has cheated me, either they have not replaced the TV tuner board or the TV tuner board is not the root cause for the reported problem and they have unnecessarily replaced tuner board.

This situation indicates two things,
a) Lack of technical knowledge in service engineers in Videocon service centre, since they analyzed the problem and recommended for tuner board replacement but it did not solve the problem. Also before delivery they did not do proper and necessary testing and fooled me.
b) Videcon just want to make money by producing poor quality TV which does not sustain more than one+ year, and again they can gain more money through service where they recommend unnecessary component replacement which will not solve any problem

5. After all this circus when I called up Videocon head office in Bangalore, one service engineer visited and suspected that the display panel might have gone( cost
of this would go up to TV cost) or even it could be again tuner board issue. Even it is not known when he will come back with another tuner board just to prove that whether the issue is because of tuner board or display panel issue. This they would have done it long back when the TV was given for service. And they would have recommended, is it worth of repairing the TV or not? This would have saved my time, money and energy and also I would have purchased a new TV instead of struggling with Videocon TV and with their service centre.

Now, as I have wasted one month and not seen any proper cooperation from Videocon, I am forced to take this issue with consumer court. Also I would like to share this bad experience with the broader audience so that in future no one should be fooled by Videocon by their product and their worst service.

You can also notice below how may follow ups I have made on this, but did not get any response from you.

Thanks and Regards,

Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 11:31 AM
Cc: 'vnkaveri@yahoo.com'
Subject: RE: Problem with Videocon LCD20X TV

Even after sending e-mails and calling up service centre, I am unable to get the job done. This is a classic example that I have learned from Videocon about their quality of service and product. And I feel to share this with you and to the entire world.

Thanks for the “support”.

Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:08 PM
To: 'service@videoconmail.com'
Subject: FW: Problem with Videocon LCD20X TV

One more try….

Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 3:19 PM
Subject: RE: Problem with Videocon LCD20X TV

I am sending this mail again since I am not getting proper cooperation or information from the Videocon Service centre in Bangalore.

Thanks,

Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 9:54 AM
Subject: FW: Problem with Videocon LCD20X TV

I am sending to this address as I am unable to send to service@videoconmail.com.

Regards,

Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 9:50 AM
To: 'service@videoconmail.com'
Subject: Problem with Videocon LCD20X TV

Hi,

I had purchased Videocon 20" LCD TV on 9 April 2007. Now, just after one year it has started giving trouble. Recently I found some yellow bright vertical line on the monitor and called up service technician. He did some basic verification and finally decided to carry this set to service center for further investigation.

Now, after one week when I called up service center (in fact they should have informed about the problem and status) I was told that the TV tuner board has gone and it need to be replaced and it will cost around 4, 500Rs.

I would like to highlight my experience with Videocon service and product.

1. I feel that they are not committed for customer service. This I have experience through my interaction with service center executives.

2. The product seems to have very limited life (may be of warranty period)and implies that Videocon does not have good Quality control of their products.

At this moment I remember one of my friend who warned me while buying this TV, he suggested though Videocon TV is cheaper compared MNC brand but you will end up paying more in doing service/repair.

I would expect Videocon to do this service at the discounted price. Since this problem has occured not because of mis handling of the set but because of poor quality of the product.

My complaint details are:

Complaint# : 9800188130002
TV : LCD20X

Regards,
+91-92430 60611

Ne
  6th of Apr, 2010

Hi Team,

Kindly inform you that I had purchased one Videocon 21 Inch TV(Model-VCS21SBR-CUF) from BTM Layout on 13th March 2010.

After only 15 days of purchasing date the TV Screen Corner has filled with different colour Like Red and Blue. In Normal TV screen should be Blue. for this I raise one complaint on Videocon service centre with "Ref No- ban2903100263".
My registered mobile number is 9880805526

Engineer came my home and move one magnet and the TV and the screen had come normal i.e Blue and he said that this problem will not occur again in future. But after 4 days again this problem occurred in same way. I again raised complaint for this issue and Customer care executive said that this time good experienced person will come and resolve your problem. Engineer came and done the same thing like moving magnet around the TV :). Also he said that the problem is due to that TATA Box I placed On TV and one power plug near to TV. so he put down the TATA Sky Box on ground and said that this problem will not occurs again. Timing was 5 PM, 6th April 2010

After 1 hour when I again start the TV, the problem was as it is means TV screen filled with Red-Blue-green colour.

Can you please consider my problem and think that when a person purchases Branded TV, He understand that he should go with Brand Name because this will be safe.

Please suggest. Two times your engineer came and no result. TV purchased before 20 days only.

Please consider me a Human Being.

Warm Regards

Neeraj

Ma
  11th of Jun, 2011

Hello Sir,

Myself Mahesh, I had purchased videocon crt tv 1.3 years back from Vijay Sales, Ghatkopar, Mumbai, and during the 1 year warranty period we faced the issue of screen getting streched from the corners. For resolving this issue videocon engineer had replaced the
damaged part everytime. This means that they are using part which will be working only for 3-4 months. Last time when
the engineer visited our home he instructed the step by which that replaced part will work for long time and we followed
those steps also. Now when the tv is out of warranty again the same problem has occured and their engineer visited
our home and replaced the same part and now he is asking for charge of Rs. 460 (Rs.80 for spare part + Rs. 380 service charge). We are ready to pay provided they give us assurance that same problem wont occur in next 1 year or 2 years but they are not giving any assurance.

Please look into this and help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh Varia

15th of Aug, 2011

I have purchased Videocon TV in November 2010. and it was dead in May 2011 in warranty period. I called the service centre and they send the engineer. He took two parts of TV and changed after 1 month. (Please Noted He Took 1 Month to replace the parts). after 15 days the TV has same problem. It is not working and in dead condition. I caplaint again to service centre but nobody is attended yet. I am approaching continuously to service centre and they are always saying that engineer will attend you soon. My complaint number is CHA 3107110226. I again request you to replace the TV or repair it properly, otherwise I will go to consumer Court. My TV is in Warranty Period.

Prem Raj
+91-94596-57134

He
  23rd of Sep, 2013
Videocon D2h - badly manged customer service
videocon d2h
videocond2h.com

I have bought a standard definiton setup box from videocon DTH. It worked fine untill i decided to take another one; HD settop box from you.

I told you customer service that pelase put both under same cusomter ID, you still created a new customer ID. I made numerous call and a email to sort that out but new cust ID is still not closed

I topped up for Rs.3140 on 10/08/2013 and was promised a HD set-top box with two months of Platinum HD subsription included in it. It stopped working on 21/09/2013, well that isn't 2 months.

I went to their website today (23/09/2013) enetered my phone number topped using netbanking thru my Kotak bank. It still says no balance on my HD box.

I found that these guys have still not closed the other account and have created my 23/09/2013 to wrong account(Cust ID : 85792998) which should not exist.

What i want now
It should have been credited to Cust ID : 96782710. It took 5 calls to you customer service and still no solution to my problem.

Videocon - Suddenly stopped working completely
VIDEOCON @MILLENNIUM APPLIANCES INDIA LTD
SY.NO1/1, KANCHA IMARATH HYDERABAD
HYDERABAD
Phone: 08414237162
PLANNING@MAILVIDEOCON.COM

I have purchased the sansui 21'' tv model ctv 21'' sff21wdn - cfh, challan cum invoice no 0000003093, billing document no. 2600953003, purchase order no. 10569034, from millennium appliances India ltd, sy. No. 1 / 1 kancha imarath village maheshwaram mandal rr dist 500005 ap ph 08414 - 237162, 237163 fax 08414 - 237151 email – planning@ mailvideocon.com rc ecc no. Aaccn 7838dxmoo1 range gaganpahad division - hyderabad on 11. 02. 2010, after one month it had stopped working completely, I have taken it to the above said company at hyderabad the owners said he will check it out the problem and repair it after repairing the TV I have taken back it to my home but later with in 2 days it again stopped completely i have requested the manager Mahender and prasad rao to please exchange the damaged tv or other wise please return my money. But neither they are returning my money nor they are exchanging it with new tv so i humbly request you to please consider my plea and take the decision as soon as possible

18th of Jul, 2016

no result of my complaint please do needful action

Ru
  18th of Jul, 2016
Mirovideoconverter.com - They didn’t warn me that this service is not free
mirovideoconverter.com
PO Box 55071, #20335, Boston
Phone: +1.9789283706

I signed up on mirovideoconverter.com because I needed to convert video quickle. This site had to be free, but turned out that converting cost me money. They didn’t warn me that this service is not free and there was no information about the price list. I don’t know why they charged me and how I can get my money back. If someone has an idea, please contact me!

Ak
  18th of Jul, 2016
Videoconairconditionere - wilful negligence on the part of service authority to replace the system
videocon
India

i bought an air conditioner on 9 january 2008 within 3 months it stoped working.it was detected that pcb went wrong on2009 october ac was taken away by service men since this date they were demanding new new arguements.they informed us that the pcb is not available and they would replace the system.but nothing has done swo far v had been forced to file a suit in consumer court under consumer protection act, 1986.before that i am sending this as an notice to authorities concernd. humbly request you to take an immediate action in the matter and avoid legal proceedings

Ak

I WISH THIS WILL HELP

18th of Jul, 2016
Videocon / Sansuictv21''sff21wdn - Cfh Complaints - Suddenly Stopped Working Completely - videocon/ SANSUICTV21''SFF21WDN-CFH
videocon company KANCHA IMARATH
PLANNING@MAILVIDEOCON.COM

I have purchased the SANSUI 21'' TV MODEL CTV 21'' SFF21WDN-CFH, CHALLAN CUM INVOICE NO 0000003093, BILLING DOCUMENT NO. 2600953003, PURCHASE ORDER NO. 10569034, FROM MILLENNIUM APPLIANCES INDIA LTD, SY.NO.1/1 KANCHA IMARATH VILLAGE MAHESHWARAM MANDAL RR DIST 500005 AP PH 08414-237162, 237163 FAX 08414-237151 EMAIL – PLANNING@ MAILVIDEOCON.COM RC ECC NO. AACCN 7838DXMOO1 RANGE GAGANPAHAD DIVISION- HYDERABAD ON 11.02.2010, AFTER ONE MONTH IT HAD STOPPED WORKING COMPLETELY, I HAVE TAKEN IT TO THE ABOVE SAID COMPANY AT HYDERABAD THE OWNERS SAID HE WILL CHECK IT OUT THE PROBLEUM AND REPAIR IT AFTER REPARING THE TV I HAVE TAKEN BACK IT TO MY HOME BUT LATER WITH IN 2 DAYS IT AGAIN STOPPED COMPLETELY I HAVE REQUESTED THE MANAGER MAHENDER AND PRASAD RAO TO PLEASE EXCHANGE THE DAMAGED TV OR OTHER WISE PLEASE RETURN MY MONEY. BUT NEITHER THEY ARE RETURNING MY MONEY NOR THEY ARE EXCHANGEING IT WITH NEW TV SO I HUMBLY REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE CONSIDER MY PLEA AND TAKE THE DECISION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

V1805 Of Videocon - Not get my free gift

Hello,
I have sent mail two time but didn't received any response from there. Below i mentioning that mail which i sent and not rcvd any msg -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello Videocon,

My name is Rajesh Prajapati and i am your customer and hope you will solve my problem.

I purchased Rs. 2500 moblie (V1805) from Next Retail Shop Jaipur on 19th August 2012 and my bill is not created because i was said that after some days and take my bill. First I checked price on internet (snap deal, sulekha and other) which is giving Goggle as gift. Thats why i went local shop to think that i get there cheap but i was cheated. When i purchasing mobile that time i was forgotten about gift. When i come to back home and check again on internet, i saw that one goggle is free with this mobile set. I called to store on this no. 01415130040 and that time I was said that come to store and we will back money as worth of goggle. So today i came there and took my bill but when i told them, please refund my money as worth of Goggle. Then they said, who told you about refunding money. Tomorrow come again and take. Now you tell me how will i recognize that with whose person did i talk on phone. While I told them to return my product, they say that we can't return product now. That's why i am telling you about this problem. First i think i should go to consumer court but i thought that first i should told you about this.

Now please suggest me what do i do. Would i refund my money as my gift or give to me my gift as Goggle.

I hope you will help me regarding this.

Waiting

Rajesh Prajapati

_Hello Videocon,

I hope you will help me regarding this.

Waiting

Rajesh Prajapati

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I know would nothing hpnd.
But at least other people is not cheated by videocon.
Thanks again

Rajesh

Su
  18th of Jul, 2016
Videocon/ Window Air Conditioner - non cooling and trip of compressor since purchased
India

i have purchased a videocon make air conditioner. since purchase i have facing many types of complaints like trip of compressor, non cooling, heavy noise etc. several times i have complaint to local dealer, service centre, customer care but they did not take any action. i am suffering with this ac. The company's local service centre charged from me Rs. 1475/-, but the condition is same. If company take no action, I will go to consumer court.
my contact no. is 9837886869

Di

yes i agrre

Bi

Sir/Madam,
I have purchase Video-con 19" LCD TV on last Monday(02.05.2011) from the shop FUNDAMENTAL ELECTRONIC PVT. LTD, 123/3, N.S.C. BOSE ROAD, KOLKATA - 40, . I am given call for Installation but still now my TV is not instilled.

My request call detail for instillation,
First call - Monday (02.05.2011) at 7:41 PM

Mail ID - bishnu.mahanta@gmail.com

Videocon 29' Color Flat Tv - COLORED CPOTS ON SCREEN
VIDEOCON
India

I PURCHASED A VIDEOCON 29' FLAT COLOR TV ON JAN 11. I NOTICED DARK COLORED SPOTS ON THE SCREEN. CONTACTED THE COMPANY CUSTOMER CARE. ONE TECHNICIAN CAME TO SEE THE FAULT AND PROMISED TO REPLACE THE PICTURE TUBE AS THE SAME WAS FOUND FAULTY. ATLEAST 15 DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE THEN. NOBODY HAS TURNED UP. I HAD TO CALL CUST CARE AGAIN. THEY TOLD ME THAT PREVIOUS COMPLAINT WAS CANCELLED AND I NEED TO MAKE FRESH COMPLAINT. THIS IS PATHETIC AFTER BUYING PRODUCT FROM A WELL KNOWN AND WELL ADVERTISED BRAND. I WISH COMPANY GETS SOME SENSITIVITY TOWARDS ITS CUSTOMERS AND SORTS ISSUES FAST.

Di
Videocon - Very Poor Service- 2 Months Past - Not Solved Yet - Improper display

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is complaint regarding videocon TV model "NP21" from Bangalore.
i have logged the complaint#BAN0606100069 - 06th June, 2010 which is two month past. Technician has attendted this complaint on 08th June, 10 and has taken request for replacing spare parts which was causing inproper display for TV.
There after I made serval follow ups with Videocon Customer care (080 390404040) as well Service centre (080 41552384) at Wilson Garden in Bangalore. Every time i made call, it was assured me that they are taking my complaint to higher ups to speed up but still now i haven't received any call from anyone of Videocon representive telling that what is root cause of delays in fixing my TV problems and when it will fixed. I'm highly disappointed on the handling of this complaint.

This TV is under AMC and needs to repair urgently as display is not proper. If this TV can not be repaired, someone should tell me from Videocon why it is not repairable and they need to provide replacement TV for me ASAP.

Please look into my complaint to resolve ASAP.

Thanking you...