Victoria's Secret / incomplete refund
This just occurred between May 5 2009 and July 30 2009. It is unbelievable.
I purchased a dress online from VS. I used a gift card and credit card on the purchase.
The dress total was $48.00, the tax was 1.82, Order total 59.92. I received a 20% offer taking 9.60 off the total for a total price of 50.32.
I returned the merchandise. They will not refund shipping so the total refund should be 40.32. I never heard back from them so I called to check. They returned 33.00 to my credit card.
1st I paid partially with a gift card. I'm not complaining because I don't ever want to do business with this company again.
But the total refunded is not the correct amount so I called. I CS rep tried to explain to me for over 20 minutes how they were taking 20% off my refund because I received a 20% off offer- Has anyone EVER heard of anything so ridiculous? Of course, that is not the way it works. They took 20% off at checkout and I was charged 50.32- then they do not want to refund the correct amount. It was the most absurd conversation I've ever had with a CS rep.
I asked to speak to a manager who called me "sweetie" and told me I didn't understand.
Actually, I think they didn't understand.
So I went through the math again- found that they had charged me for a shipping label that I didn't use- in fact I have my own receipt and a shipping label still in my hand. So they refunded another $5.95 for that- getting me almost to the total I should have received at the beginning. The missing few cents and dollars they told me was a tax on shipping and handling- who knows if that is true but I didn't get it back.
This company is either deliberately trying to deceive and steal from customers or they do not have the proper systems in place to accurately handle refunds and exchanges. It is clear their staff doesn't know what is going on either.
At worst, this is a scam. At best it is the poorest customer service I have ever seen. I will NEVER shop with them again.
More Victoria's Secret Complaints & Reviews
- Victoria's Secret - say bye-bye xl panties and large bras.. 
- Victoria's Secret - return policy with receipt 
- Victoria's Secret - maybe their bras need warranties. 
- Victoria's Secret Online Store - faulty products! 
- Victoria's Secret / www.VictoriasSecret.com - selling polyester as silk! 
- Victoria's Secret - speaking to a customer representative
- Victoria's Secret - bra fitting service
- Victoria's Secret - underwear
- Victoria's Secret - fragrance mist brume parfumee 250ml rush
- Victoria's Secret - dogs in stores