Verizon Wireless / security deposit not returned

1 WI, United States Review updated:

My complaint concerns Verizon Wireless, and their lack of returning security deposits. I had bought myself a new phone, and signed a new two-year contract with Verizon in October/November of 2007. I was told by the sales associate that I dealt with, that if I paid all of my bills on time for the first 12 months of service, that I would get my security deposit of almost $200 returned to me. Surprise surprise, this never happened. After a couple months without any sign of a check or credit to my account, I called up customer service. Things started out pleasantly enough, as the representative I dealt with took down my information, recorded the problem, and told me that their Treasury Dept. would look into the matter, and all should be fixed. A couple days later I called back to check on their progress as I was instructed to do. I was handed off to a different representative than the one I was on the phone with before, and the complexion of the conversation was completely different. I related the nature of the last phone call to her, and not much was accomplished. She asked if I had followed the directions that the last person I had spoken with gave to me. I told her yes, as the only thing I was instructed to do was call them back after a couple days. Suddenly, it turns out that I have to fax them proof that the security deposit was paid, and proof of how it was paid. Not to mention the fact that she was quite rude to me over the phone, and talked to me the entire time like I was stupid. I find this to be totally ridiculous since the fact that I have an active account and phone with them to be proof enough. I wouldn't have any of that had I not paid the deposit. If you do decide to sign with Verizon, which I'm not so sure I'll be doing again, be prepared to jump through hoops to get your own money back.

Comments

Ve
  17th of Oct, 2009

I am among the thousands of unhappy Verizon Wireless customers. Recieved a Blackberry Storm by mail. Activated by an in store representative, only to later find out that I was being billed for a Data Plan subscription that I was not informed of beforehand, and that I did not accept. Attempted to return the phone numerous times, and have dealt with Customer Care a half a dozen times. Its been 8 months.

Finally I discovered how to reach the Executive Relations team at Verizon Wireless. They are the only ones who can help resolve your problem, short of having an attorney contact them. BTW, I subscribe to Pre-Paid Legal for $35 a month, and their attorneys at no additional charge, will contact Verizon Wireless. Find me on twitter.com/verizoncustomer .

Share your experiences online and then email me at verizon.sucks@yahoo.com . I will forward you important contact information to reach the real decision makers at Verizon Wireless, the Executive Relations team.